Recipes

stevenenjoysmilk

After a very long time in quarantine, I'm finally back home and, more importantly, back in my kitchen. I still need another week off before I can go back to work, so I'm going to be staying in cooking a lot. What's everyone's tried and tested recipes? I'll give one that I make weekly, daal:

·        200g/1 cup red lentils, washed

·        900ml/4.5 cups water (approx.)

·        1 tsp of salt

·        1 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil

·        1 tsp of cumin seeds

·        1 bay leaf

·        1 small o****n, chopped

·        1 garlic clove, chopped

·        2 tomatoes, finely chopped

·        1 tsp ginger, grated

·        1 tsp turmeric

·        1 chilli, finely chopped

·        1 tsp of garam masala

·        Handful of coriander, chopped

STEP 1

Place lentils in a pot with the salt, cover with the water and bring to the boil. Remove the froth, reduce the heat and put the lid on the pan - leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Check the lentils are cooked by squeezing them between your fingers. Once soft remove from the heat.

STEP 2

In a frying pan heat the oil or butter. Using a fork pierce the whole chillies and add to the pan with a bay leaf and the cumin seeds. When the seeds sizzle, remove the chilli and set to one side for your garnish.

STEP 3

Add the o****n and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, ginger, turmeric, and the chopped chilli. Gently let the ingredients cook down for about 10 minutes to make a thick masala paste.

STEP 4

Add a ladle full of the lentils (daal) to the masala paste in the frying pan and stir together, then empty all the contents back into the pot with the lentils and stir. It should have the consistency of a thick soup but if it's too thick just add a little boiling water and remove from the heat. If you prefer it thicker just leave it on the heat to reduce until you get the consistency you want.

STEP 5

Check the seasoning and add a little salt if required. Stir in the garam masala, coriander, and top with the whole chilli from step 2. Serve with paratha

@stevenenjoysmilk this sounds so good!!!!

🍪Maple oatmeal peanut butter chip bar 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup oats                                 7pt

2 bananas                                      0pt

1/4 cup maple syrup                     13pt 

1 1/2 tbs cinimon                           0pt

2oz enjoy life chips                        16pt

Pb fit 4tbs                                       3pt

Mash ingredients into a bowl 

Place mixture into 5 separate cookie cutter molds 

350 degrees for 15-20 mins        

X5

image.thumb.jpeg.cddd1ed9963b8dcf156d31691e7c36c0.jpeg

My boys love fruit pizza

Ingredients:

1roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie dou*h

1package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened 

1/3cup sugar 

1/2teaspoon vanilla 

2kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 

1cup halved or quartered fresh strawberries 

1cup fresh or frozen blueberries

*you can use whatever fruit you want*

1)Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Break up cookie dou*h in pan; press dou*h evenly in bottom of pan to within 1/2 inch of edge. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.

2)In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled crust.

3)Arrange fruit over cream cheese.  Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. To serve, cut into wedges or squares. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pizza.

• Star 1