Jump to content

Who Are You Better Than?


Admin
 Share

Recommended Posts


No, I don't think meat eaters are evil and ab**ive, just like I don't believe lions, bears, sharks, wolves, chimps, etc. are. Every species has it's natural diet, and I don't believe the world would be a better place if all omnivores and carnivores were eradicated. 

By animal ab**e, I mean meaningless and cruel violence for the sole purpose of fulfilling some sick desire. These are the kind of people who end up becoming serial ki**ers.

I hope I explained myself well. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2021 at 1:06 AM, Admin said:

So people who pointlessly and needlessly eat veal or lamb?

I personally don't eat veal or lamb, and I believe it is cruel and pointless to cut the animal's life so short. I remember going deer hunting with my Dad as a ch*ld and him pointing out that shooting a bambi is wrong and wasteful. Most hunters abide by this rule. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Bruja626 said:

Same

You said "Same" to someone suggesting they are better than no one...

So are you saying you're just as bad as Hitler or?

3 hours ago, Carrie Danielle said:

I personally don't eat veal or lamb, and I believe it is cruel and pointless to cut the animal's life so short.

Uh huh... but it's ok to cut an animals' life short in general, just not that short? Is that how your mind works?

cow love GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Admin said:

Uh huh... but it's ok to cut an animals' life short in general, just not that short? Is that how your mind works?

cow love GIF

 

Of course the idea of killing an animal doesn't bring me joy or anything of the sort, and I'm sure it would be impossible for me to slaughter a cow or pig I've raised since birth. My dad ran a deer processing shop before he ruined his life with d***s, and during the off season he would slaughter cows and pigs for many farmers who just couldn't do the dirty work themselves. I think that's why most people where I'm from prefer hunting. It's easier to the pull the trigger on an animal you have no emotional ties to. Besides, the deer where I'm from have no natural p******rs, so hunting is a good way to ensure environmental balance.

Scientifically speaking, humans were hunter gatherers for 2 million years, while agriculture just started 12,000 years ago. Also, the build of our digestive tracts lies somewhere between that of a pig and a dog, both obligate omnivores. Leaving feelings aside, our biology points to needing at least some animal proteins for optimal health. Veganism and vegetarianism just seem to be modern experimental diets.

Also, you've mentioned you do eat salmon. What makes you draw the line there? Are they not living sentient beings? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Elites
1 hour ago, Admin said:

You said "Same" to someone suggesting they are better than no one...

So are you saying you're just as bad as Hitler or?

 

That’s a good question. I didn’t think about it that way. I just feel…I am just me. There truly is nothing special. I am an organic being that will turn to dust when I d*e and what is left of me will feed the earth to keep other living things going. Whether monster or hero it is all a means to the same end. We have all done things we are not proud of until we learn why we should not do those things. Some people learn faster than others. Some learn nothing in a lifetime hence Hitler and people like him. Although my mistakes may not be as grotesque as his, I’ve still made mistakes and sadly that taints the proclamation of being better than someone else. It’s not false modesty, but the understanding that everyone has things in their lives they are not very proud of and although we have grown from them, it doesn’t change that they happened. We all have our morals, conditioning, and upbringing. All that plays a part in who we chose to be as adults. Everyone has a reason for being who they are and regardless of how wrong our own morals tell us their beliefs are, how do we know that we are in the right? Because majority rules? In their own mind they think they are right. This is why I replied to Mel Gibson (before I knew he was banned) stating I didn’t have time to go back and forth with him. I knew at that point there was nothing I could ever say to make an ignorant person think. The same way as we hold strong to our own beliefs so do, they. Please know that I do not agree, condone, or defend what Hitler represents, no do I think my past mistakes excuse the mistakes and choices of others. I am just offering my piece while providing a different perspective.

I like this. that question was really challenging and I like that. So same question to you. Why do you feel different than I do? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Carrie Danielle said:

Also, the build of our digestive tracts lies somewhere between that of a pig and a dog, both obligate omnivores.

We are herbavores we have long intestents. We have flat teeth. We also suffer with  constipation and are the only species who does. 

25 minutes ago, Carrie Danielle said:

. Leaving feelings aside, our biology points to needing at least some animal proteins for optimal health

Please source this information for me.

 

Also, I understand where you are coming from with what our ancestors ate. We ate  animals to survive. There wasn't enough resources avalible to us and meat stays in our systems longer keeping us fuller longer and gets us fatter than plants. They would use all parts of the animal proving less waste and more respect toward the animal. The meat also was way purer than it is now rather than being pumped with hormones and given horrid living conditions they were free and ate well. It also wasn't every day or every meal it was when we could catch the animal. Plus the meat industry is different now. We also have the luxury to walk to the grocery store and eat whatever you want. To support the meat industry is to support suffering and the number one cause of pollution on our planet. If we are omnivores like you say we can survive off a plant-based diet and not put money into the suffering of animals. Our ancestors didn't genetically modify animals or have their deaths be in vain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carrie Danielle said:

Also, you've mentioned you do eat salmon. What makes you draw the line there? Are they not living sentient beings? 

You did a lot of talking for someone who could just say "You're right, I do ab*se animals by eating them so in the future I won't act like I'm better than them because I'm pretty sure an animal would rather be yelled at or hit than have their throat slit just to be turned into my s***t"

You act like you are better than an animal ab**er yet you are one by paying people to end them.

The difference is they actually have the stomach to face the truth while you cower and act like your hands are not drenched in blood.

Be honest and stop pretending.

  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Admin said:

You did a lot of talking for someone who could just say "You're right, I do ab*se animals by eating them so in the future I won't act like I'm better than them because I'm pretty sure an animal would rather be yelled at or hit than have their throat slit just to be turned into my s***t"

You act like you are better than an animal ab**er yet you are one by paying people to end them.

The difference is they actually have the stomach to face the truth while you cower and act like your hands are not drenched in blood.

Be honest and stop pretending.

What part of I've been deer hunting did you not understand? I've also been fishing and caught my own fish as well. Have you?

Do you also consider yourself an animal ab**er due to the fact you eat salmon? I would argue that slowly suffocating to death is a worse way to go than a quick shot to the head.

You didn't even answer my question, but instead immediately became defensive and ab**ive.

I thought this was a place for open and mature discourse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mod
7 hours ago, Carrie Danielle said:

You didn't even answer my question, but instead immediately became defensive and ab**ive.

He's not being ab**ive. He's just being brutally honest because people who eat meat do contribute to animals being slaught*ered and he's trying to get you to understand that. Years ago before I decided to become a vegetarian, I didn't like hearing this stuff and didn't agree with it so I know where you're coming from, but later on realized that it's the truth. I'm not a vegetarian anymore because I started eating chicken again and I eat fish sometimes but I can be honest and say that I'm a hypocrite because I still refuse to eat cows, pigs, and deer. I don't like admitting it but that's what I am since I choose to eat one animal and not others.

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Carrie Danielle said:

You didn't even answer my question, but instead immediately became defensive and ab**ive.

I'm feeling ab**ed with your anger. Are you a forum administrator ab**er?

GIF by The Office

7 minutes ago, razzledgirl said:

I also echo, no one. We're all human. I am not more special in history than anyone else. I am just uniquely me, among a bunch of other unique individuals. 

So you are just as bad as Hitler?

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Elites

I think he is his own human with a different place in history. I am also a human. I haven't done the s***t he's done, nor do I condone it or excuse it or think it's okay, but I resonate with the fact that we are all humans. At this current time, the things I have done for sure are better than his atrocities, but I don't think I'm special overall compared to him, no. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, razzledgirl said:

I think he is his own human with a different place in history. I am also a human. I haven't done the s***t he's done, nor do I condone it or excuse it or think it's okay, but I resonate with the fact that we are all humans. At this current time, the things I have done for sure are better than his atrocities, but I don't think I'm special overall compared to him, no. 

If you think what he did is horrible and that you would not do that, you think you are better than him. 

The irony is it makes you all feel good saying you're no better, so you say it, but then you are stuck on your lie so hard that you try to humanize Hitler himself and don't see anything wrong with that - a man behind the mass loss of life in the millions, all so you can feel better about yourselves being so "humble" and "woke" which ironically is just another form of you trying to make yourself feel superior.

"I'm better than no one, which makes me more right than those who do think they are better than others... thus I think I'm better than those people as if I did not think being a person who would say you are not better was better than someone saying you are, I would not say it. - 

Every decision you make is a statement to how you think you are right and others are wrong - you deny your humanity when you try to invoke moral communism.

  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Elites
33 minutes ago, Admin said:

If you think what he did is horrible and that you would not do that, you think you are better than him. 

The irony is it makes you all feel good saying you're no better, so you say it, but then you are stuck on your lie so hard that you try to humanize Hitler himself and don't see anything wrong with that - a man behind the mass loss of life in the millions, all so you can feel better about yourselves being so "humble" and "woke" which ironically is just another form of you trying to make yourself feel superior.

"I'm better than no one, which makes me more right than those who do think they are better than others... thus I think I'm better than those people as if I did not think being a person who would say you are not better was better than someone saying you are, I would not say it. - 

Every decision you make is a statement to how you think you are right and others are wrong - you deny your humanity when you try to invoke moral communism.

Not necessarily. What he has done referring to his atrocities does not include the entire sum of who he was as a person. I do not know him, nor did I know him, I do not feel comfortable saying that all parts of me are better than all parts of him as a whole.
 

Quote

"I'm better than no one, which makes me more right than those who do think they are better than others... thus I think I'm better than those people as if I did not think being a person who would say you are not better was better than someone saying you are, I would not say it. - 

I disagree with this entirely. I don't think I'm better than anyone here. I am just stating my piece. This is how I find my peace. How do you find yours? I do not blame you if you think differently, nor do I think you are wrong. It is not my place. This is just how I am, because it is what helps me heal, personally.

Edited by razzledgirl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, razzledgirl said:

Not necessarily. What he has done referring to his atrocities does not include the entire sum of who he was as a person. I do not know him, nor did I know him, I do not feel comfortable saying that all parts of me are better than all parts of him as a whole.

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Watching you struggle to not contradict yourself, resorting to trying to humanize Hitler, is mad crazy bro. Just admit you're a better parson than Hitler OMG 🤣

On 12/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, Hitchens said:

Better than no one. 

 

So you're not better than your ex's who you dislike so much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Elites
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Watching you struggle to not contradict yourself, resorting to trying to humanize Hitler, is mad crazy bro. Just admit you're a better parson than Hitler OMG 🤣

So you're not better than your ex's who you dislike so much?


I think its important to note the interpretation of the question here -
"Who are you better than?" for me, that read as all parts of you vs all parts of someone else. If it read more specifically, I guess my answer would have been different. But that's how I interpreted it. I do not and will not ever feel comfortable saying all of me is better than all of someone else. I stand by that. This is not a contradiction. This is humanity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, razzledgirl said:


I think its important to note the interpretation of the question here -
"Who are you better than?" for me, that read as all parts of you vs all parts of someone else. If it read more specifically, I guess my answer would have been different. But that's how I interpreted it. I do not and will not ever feel comfortable saying all of me is better than all of someone else. I stand by that. This is not a contradiction. This is humanity.

I understand, you are saying you are not better than Hitler, thus, you are just as bad of a person as Hitler. Congrats!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...