Have you ever been afraid to sleep.

Beelzebubz

I wake up more exhausted these days. My nightmares are intense. Too disorienting. I wake up confused, I have a list to remember where I’m at from the day before and what’s required to be done. I have sleep anxiety I go through a whole a** adventure before I get to wake up. By the time im awake im like wtf just happened? it feels like forever since I went to sleep. I am Tired of sleep If I could never dream again and only have re****l sleep forever I would in a heartbeat. How do you feel about you’re sleep? Are you a person who falls asleep once you go to bed or is that a difficult department for you? Do you have dreams and if so are they intense and overwhelming or light and peaceful? Please indulge me 

• Star 1

BRUH! Yes! I have, for as long as I can remember, had a lot of trouble sleeping specifically because the nightmares I have are so intense and terrifying. I spent the last…probably 7 years heavily dependent on sleep aides in order to get any sleep at all, but have recently weened myself off them. Still have trouble sleeping though. 

if I had to guess, it stems from unprocessed trauma. s***ts rough 

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Saffy_a**acky said:

What slew aids have helped you? I think trauma will scar your mind like that.

I p much was taking generic acetaminophen PMs, sometimes ibuprofen PM. It’d get to the point that I’d need to take 3 a night, so while they DO absolutely help, I’d be careful to not get too dependent on them. 

29 minutes ago, Bellamy said:

I p much was taking generic acetaminophen PMs, sometimes ibuprofen PM. It’d get to the point that I’d need to take 3 a night, so while they DO absolutely help, I’d be careful to not get too dependent on them. 

Well I've always been aapprehensive to take a lot of over-the-counter med*cations. But sometimes really f***ing helps man. 

1 hour ago, Saffy_a**acky said:

Well I've always been aapprehensive to take a lot of over-the-counter med*cations. But sometimes really f***ing helps man. 

I feel you. Addiction runs in my family so when I noticed how dependent I had become I had to cut myself off, but it really is a huge relief sometimes to just knock yourself out. 

ive been taking melatonin lately, which was scary at first cuz it would make it so I couldn’t wake up from my nightmares, but it’s also making it so that my body makes it’s own melatonin and now I am sometimes able to fall asleep easily and stay asleep. 

• Heart 1