I think I'm ready to move on.

Hitchens

2 hours ago, Hitchens said:

Personally. I have some things that I ranted about in threads over the summer. We talked about my ex wife and her sister. I even talked about the events that played out. 

I'm confident to say today. That I am mentally ready to move on on my life from it. To put it aside. These things happened almost 2 and a half years ago. And I think it's time I moved on from it. I'm quite happy in my new life and I think I need to give myself that chance now to go forward and to quit analyzing those memories and reliving them. I think 2 years is long enough to think and meditate on a divorce. I think it was longer than it should have been. 

I don't want to be disappointed or depressed about it so long that I rob myself of healthy opportunities. And with that. I think it is time I moved on. I'm at a point where I no longer care. It's behind me. It's a done deal. I will never be able to change or move back in time to change what happened. It's part of who I am and I need to treat it for what it is now. A lesson learned. 

So glad you are in a better place now. It’s not always easy to move on but it can be beneficial. You have to do what is best for you mentally and emotionally. 

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Hitchens said:

Personally. I have some things that I ranted about in threads over the summer. We talked about my ex wife and her sister. I even talked about the events that played out. 

I'm confident to say today. That I am mentally ready to move on on my life from it. To put it aside. These things happened almost 2 and a half years ago. And I think it's time I moved on from it. I'm quite happy in my new life and I think I need to give myself that chance now to go forward and to quit analyzing those memories and reliving them. I think 2 years is long enough to think and meditate on a divorce. I think it was longer than it should have been. 

I don't want to be disappointed or depressed about it so long that I rob myself of healthy opportunities. And with that. I think it is time I moved on. I'm at a point where I no longer care. It's behind me. It's a done deal. I will never be able to change or move back in time to change what happened. It's part of who I am and I need to treat it for what it is now. A lesson learned. 

Best thing to do is distract yourself with bigger better things, replace what is lost.

I say "best" thing but sometimes the best is not the best so who knows...

• Star 1