Should we tell k***s the truth about Santa

Saraglittermepink

Just now, Saraglittermepink said:

What do you think about the whole letting k***s believe in Santa thing? I believed in Santa as a k*d and enjoyed the idea of this magical thing happening once a year. I let my k***s believe as well, but I know some say that it’s just lying to your k***s so I have mixed feelings. 

Often your k*ids find out on their own. I didn't have to tell mine. At 6 or 7 my daughter quit believing in it. My son around the same age & because she told him. 

Not to mention. Their fellow school mates will mention how Santa is imaginary. You really don't have to lift a finger. 

12 minutes ago, Saraglittermepink said:

Oh they definitely talk about it at school lol. My k***s found out on their own as well but I now wonder is it wrong to ever tell them that Santa is real. It is technically a lie but it’s also part of the fun of being a k*d 

It's subjective. Some parents think you should let them be k*ids for as long they can. Others like myself never had to tell our k*ids that he wasn't real. It was just one of those things that resolved itself on it's own. 

Nothing to worry about. They're being k*ids anyway just by finding out that he was fictional to begin with. Next it'll be the Easter Bunny, Jesus Christ, Magic, and everything else that lacks evidence of existence as they move up in public school & learn how the world works. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Heart 1

• Mod

I think parents should let their k***s believe in Santa until they find out on their own that he isn't real. I found out when I opened my parents' closet and saw all the presents lol. I don't agree that it's lying. It's just a fun thing to pretend and there's nothing wrong with it. Let k***s have fun 😋

• Heart 2
  • Star 1

My parents never taught me Santa was real. They taught he was a real saint (dad was catholic) and people acted in his place to honor him. Kinda like there was an appointed Santa who did the Santa stuff but he wasn’t the actual Santa. The Tim Allen movie comes close to how the deal was explained to me but with less magic.

Christmas always featured this cool book with all the Santa’s around the world. Then when I had a little sibling they made it a special thing where I got to be their Santa. So I picked out the gift from his list, wrapped it and stayed up late to put the gift out and ate the cookies. I still wake up to fill my parents stockings now when I come to visit. 

I don’t think my parents could have done Santa was real, all of us were pretty sharp k***s and it would’ve been too much of a headache. Plus we were poor and had rich neighbor k***s that were objectively worse behaved. There’s no way my parents could’ve gotten out of the hole had they gone the real Santa route come Christmas morning when nightmare Taylor woke up to a new dirt bike+ Xbox and their own k***s woke up to def not that lol. 

The first year I even heard of Santa (and got the Tim Allen movie explanation) we did the Santa gps tracker and whoever they attached it to backtracked to the same house a few times. Me and my sis called BS and presented the evidence to my mom that Santa was being unfair and that at the rate he was going he wouldn’t reach everyone. Especially not the super poor k***s we were most worried about. (Not good if k***s with only addition and subtraction can figure that out Santa tracker) so my mom had to pivot and be like well, that’s just one Santa. And then gave us the whole people act in his honor bit. Then when we donated toys to the Christmas drive she made it a point to let us know we were helping out whoever our Santa was get enough stuff for other k***s. 

Also  in my house my parents took full credit for any cool gifts. Our appointed “Santa” only brought generic things within a certain budget. Mostly books and craft kits.  Fair considering my parents had to work a lot of OT to do Christmas. They deserved the praise more than Santa. Lol

19 hours ago, Saraglittermepink said:

What do you think about the whole letting k***s believe in Santa thing? I believed in Santa as a k*d and enjoyed the idea of this magical thing happening once a year. I let my k***s believe as well, but I know some say that it’s just lying to your k***s so I have mixed feelings. 

Well, Santa could very well exist... do you have proof that there is no man, with elves, living in the North Pole?

• Heart 2