Does This Happen To You When You Sleep?

Admin

Sometimes when I fall asleep, I go so deep into sleep that I kinda forget I exist... then I wake up, and it feels like I'm a brand new body, that just got these memories of my life uploaded to my mind right before I woke...

It's a strange feeling... but it's really liberating, like not feeling like I exist for a moment... being free of existing, free of everything...

You ever have a feeling like that? Do have other weird sleep experiences?

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod

I've never felt that way before but almost every night right as I'm falling asleep, I do suddenly wake up and see weird things. This has been going on for a long time. I actually made a post about it before and they're called hypnogogic hallucinations. It's annoying lol. Also last December I would suddenly wake up catching my breath because I think I would stop breathing as I was falling asleep. I think it was Covid related though because it only happened when I was sick with Covid and sometimes afterwards. I haven't had that problem in a long time but it was scary.

• Heart 1

I’ve experienced feeling like I’ve been wiped in sleep. When I wake up I’m in a new place. It’s like this world doesn’t make sense. It’s almost like re discovering my life. That happens most nights. It could be cause I have nightmares and that could be they way my mind responds. It’s truly odd. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I've never felt that way before but almost every night right as I'm falling asleep, I do suddenly wake up and see weird things. This has been going on for a long time. I actually made a post about it before and they're called hypnogogic hallucinations. It's annoying lol. Also last December I would suddenly wake up catching my breath because I think I would stop breathing as I was falling asleep. I think it was Covid related though because it only happened when I was sick with Covid and sometimes afterwards. I haven't had that problem in a long time but it was scary.

Ohh, that’s scary. That’s what sleep apnea is, I think (when you stop breathing while sleeping). It may have been COVID-related though if you haven’t gotten it since, but I’m not a doctor, so I have no idea.

• Heart 2

• Mod
8 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Ohh, that’s scary. That’s what sleep apnea is, I think (when you stop breathing while sleeping). It may have been COVID-related though if you haven’t gotten it since, but I’m not a doctor, so I have no idea.

Yeah my dad has that and I was worrying about having it as well, but it's been a long time since that's happened so it may not have been.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod
7 hours ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Sometimes have sleep paralysis.. but not scary ones, just not being able to open my eyes and moving for about a minute after waking up, and wondering where I am.

Some people have it much worse, and see demons, aliens, hags or other weird stuff.

I had sleep paralysis once. I woke up but my eyes were still closed and I felt something press down on the edge of the bed beside me. Then I tried moving but couldn't. I was finally able to move my legs and that fully woke me up. It was pretty scary.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1