Thoughts about people villainizing guns?

Hitchens

How come social media is villainizing guns & the 2nd Amendment because some little sh*it shot up a school?

Why are they comparing the two?

And do those people not realize that their cries for "defund the police" movement along with civil unrest pushed everyone to go out and buy a gun for obvious reasons? That's why there were gun and ammo shortages all over the states. 

and then people are getting butthurt over a guy that looks like Santa buying a gun. I don't care if it's Halloween and you dressed up like Jesus to go buy a gun. That's your right. You didn't m**der anyone or shoot up a school. Why should those idiots care?

997.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format

"A sheriff’s office in Colorado faced outrage after it posted a picture of a man dressed as Santa Claus applying for permit to carry a concealed handgun."

Article: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/06/el-paso-county-sheriffs-office-santa-handgun-permit

Anti-gun bigots don't realize that the criminals & other people aren't going to give up their guns. The only thing they're doing is making it easier for them to come into their homes and v*ictimize them. So yeah, you need a gun to defend yourself in the really bad areas of the states. 

The US can't take away guns. They're already in the public. Sometimes when something is out there, there's no way of really taking it back. So now you need guns to defend yourself against those that a*buse their 2nd Amendment and violate the rights of others. 

I don’t villanize guns. I villanize blatant irresponsibility. 

removing the requirement for a safety course to own a gun in Texas was daft as heck. We regulate the h**l out of cars. So why does everyone get their panties in a twist about basic gun regulation? If we are not going to do even the most basic safety measures then we might as well require mandatory gun liability insurance for when someone shoots people. Not if, when. 

I love guns, I shoot as a hobby. The amount of people open carrying here who don’t know what the god damned safety button is, is terrifying! 

yeah I’m riled up about this. A school got shot up an hour away from me. It’s freaking Wild West at Kroger. Insanity. This isn’t about right to hunt anymore. It’s about man baby white dudes wanting to scare everyone with a gun in public to compensate for their tiny shriveled balls. And yeah it’s exactly that because the moment anyone with even a slight tan picks up a gun they get shot to death by police. 

I’m 100% all for having a gun you know how to use safely in appropriate settings like hunting or a shooting range. You do not need a semi automatic in Kroger. You just don’t. 

sorry excuse my colorful language. Being literally held at gunpoint daily is exhausting. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

4 hours ago, Ghostie said:

I don’t villanize guns. I villanize blatant irresponsibility. 

removing the requirement for a safety course to own a gun in Texas was daft as heck. We regulate the h**l out of cars. So why does everyone get their panties in a twist about basic gun regulation? If we are not going to do even the most basic safety measures then we might as well require mandatory gun liability insurance for when someone shoots people. Not if, when. 

I love guns, I shoot as a hobby. The amount of people open carrying here who don’t know what the god damned safety button is, is terrifying! 

yeah I’m riled up about this. A school got shot up an hour away from me. It’s freaking Wild West at Kroger. Insanity. This isn’t about right to hunt anymore. It’s about man baby white dudes wanting to scare everyone with a gun in public to compensate for their tiny shriveled balls. And yeah it’s exactly that because the moment anyone with even a slight tan picks up a gun they get shot to death by police. 

I’m 100% all for having a gun you know how to use safely in appropriate settings like hunting or a shooting range. You do not need a semi automatic in Kroger. You just don’t. 

sorry excuse my colorful language. Being literally held at gunpoint daily is exhausting. 

This. Oh, and I’m not talking about about banning guns. I’m talking about universal background checks. Everyone keeps jumping to the conclusion that people want to get guns banned. No, MOST people want universal background checks

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/584065-gop-blocks-bill-to-expand-gun-background-checks-after-michigan-school?amp

Before anyone jumps to any conclusion or assumption about me being a Dem for posting this, I have problems with both parties and I’m an Independent.

Edited by summerlusk

30 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

This. Oh, and I’m not talking about about banning guns. I’m talking about universal background checks. Everyone keeps jumping to the conclusion that people want to get guns banned. No, MOST people want universal background checks

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/584065-gop-blocks-bill-to-expand-gun-background-checks-after-michigan-school?amp

Before anyone jumps to any conclusion or assumption about me being a Dem for posting this, I have problems with both parties and I’m an Independent.

I’m what would have been considered a republican before they became a death cult lol so I feel you, this isn’t about bleeding heart libs. It’s about common sense. 

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Everyone keeps jumping to the conclusion that people want to get guns banned.

I think the whole "guns should be banned" thing is an Argumentum Ad Analogy or an Argument from Analogy. It's an informal fallacious argument based on lack of sufficient evidence that guns are "evil". In other words, anti gun nuts are not going to get their wish because all they've done is complain and not present evidence. 

This fallacy assumes that because two things are alike in some respects, they are necessarily alike in other respects.

In the gun debate, it’s common to point to Australia’s 1996 gun control legislation as a model for the U.S. It often runs like this: “In Australia, gun legislation passed and gun deaths fell. Therefore, the U.S. should pass more gun legislation.”

https://fee.org/articles/6-logical-fallacies-to-look-out-for-in-the-gun-debate/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_analogy#:~:text=Argument from analogy is a,the world and make decisions.

Edited by Hitchens

4 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

I think the whole "guns should be banned" thing is an Argumentum Ad Analogy or an Argument from Analogy. It's an informal fallacious argument based on lack of sufficient evidence that guns are "evil". In other words, anti gun nuts are not going to get their wish because all they've done is complain and not present evidence. 

https://fee.org/articles/6-logical-fallacies-to-look-out-for-in-the-gun-debate/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

My point is that people think that’s what people want, when it’s actually not. How do background checks = banning guns?

Edited by summerlusk

1 minute ago, summerlusk said:

My point is that people think that’s want people want, when it’s actually not.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, summerlusk said:

How do background checks = banning guns?

It doesn't. Do people actually believe that?

After my divorce, I had been in and out of Behavioral Health Care for depression / anger and I didn't think that they'd let me purchase one. But I passed the background check and now I own 2.  

10 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

Exactly. 

It doesn't. Do people actually believe that?

After my divorce, I had been in and out of Behavioral Health Care for depression / anger and I didn't think that they'd let me purchase one. But I passed the background check and now I own 2.  

No, but some people are complaining about people that want certain gun laws and say “yOu’Re tRYing tO bAn gUnS aNd TaKe aWaY mY gUn”. Nobody.. said that.

You guys want to ban something that kills Americans on MASSIVE levels? It's not guns...
Image 001.jpg

Image 002.jpg

TIME TO BAN THOSE FOODS!!!

But you don't really give a s***t about human life right? It's all about the interesting ways people get ki**ed right? Like SHOOTINGS, oh SO INTERESTING, but food? PSSSH!!! BORING!

But wait, it only effects the person eating it right? What about the parents who shovel this crap in their k***s faces? That kills more k***s than a school shooter ever could.

Guns are talked about way more than diet, yet diet kills a thousand times more people than guns, what the f*** is with human priorities?

• Heart 1

Image 003.jpg

Image 004.jpg

And don't get me started on the TRILLIONS OF ANIMAL LIVES humans destroy for their c*ncer causing diets. GOD WE HUMANS ARE SO FREAKING MORAL & INTELLIGENT!

/end tox*c yet painfully true rant

Just now, Hitchens said:

NO!!!! YOU MY LEAVE PIZZA ALONE!!!

giphy.gif

Nom Nom Eating GIF by TikTok

• Heart 1
  • Funny 1

I mean, we can do both. We can try to prevent c*ncer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. and try to prevent gun violence (not by banning guns, but background checks). None of these things should be ignored. So yes, I agree. We should be trying to prevent and cure these diseases at the very LEAST as much as gun violence. I just honestly feel bad for the family and friends of k***s that d*e from any cause, especially preventable things. My uncle died of leukemia when he was only 14, the cause of ch*ldhood leukemia is unknown. It’s devastating.

Edited by summerlusk

7 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

We can try to prevent c*ncer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. and try to prevent gun violence

Gun violence isn't even on the top 10 causes of death in the country, yet diet, the leading causes of the leading two causes of death are consistently ignored.

Again, none of y'all really care about human life, you only care about talking about stuff that is interesting, such as gun violence, but diets are boring, so y'all ignore it while pretending to be heroes.

Like you're a voice for the voiceless... you want to talk about the voiceless? What about the animals we end in the trillions, only to eat them and give ourselves c*ncer/heart disease with their flesh?

Humans really are morons.

Go pet your dog and act like you really care about animals when animals far more intelligent than your dog wind up on pizza and you don't blink an eye.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Gun violence isn't even on the top 10 causes of death in the country, yet diet, the leading two causes of the causes of death are consistently ignored.

Again, none of y'all really care about human life, you only care about talking about stuff that is interesting, such as gun violence, but diets are boring, so y'all ignore it while pretending to be heroes.

Food kills.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they made some kind of synthetic health food that tasted exactly like any kind of meal that you favored but was super healthy for you?

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

Gun violence isn't even on the top 10 causes of death in the country, yet diet, the leading causes of the leading two causes of death are consistently ignored.

Like you're a voice for the voiceless... you want to talk about the voiceless? What about the animals we end in the trillions, only to eat them and give ourselves c*ncer/heart disease with their flesh?

Humans really are morons.

Go pet your dog and act like you really care about animals when animals far more intelligent than your dog wind up on pizza and you don't blink an eye.

I don’t disagree with you..

Edited by summerlusk

4 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

Food kills.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they made some kind of synthetic health food that tasted exactly like any kind of meal that you favored but was super healthy for you?

I enjoy vegetarian foods. I completely agree with people eating foods that have health benefits not available in the vegetarian world as it is common sense to give your body everything it needs --- however that kind of nutrient need (that is not satisfied in the vegetarian or vegan  world) is rare. Most everything we ever needed grew from the ground.

4 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I don’t disagree with you..

Well yeah, what I say is backed up by really basic/boring facts. Ones that are difficult to object to as having my position does not benefit some secret agenda - I just want to be healthy and have other people be healthy --- eating mostly vegetarian-friendly food means you have an overwhelming increase in the chance of not d***g from c*ncer or heart disease so, that's cool --- and you help animals too, so double win.

Then there's the issue of gun violence, which I feel like, if we are going to talk about something it should reflect the actual amount of human life lost - yet we obsess over something that causes less deaths than cars. Hello? We need safer freeways and safer cars -- but you NEVER hear anyone say that, because again, it's not interesting.

Hypocrites and fake heroes everywhere.

Disease has ki**ed way too many people, including my own family members. It really upsets and angers me when I know it could be prevented. Sometimes I think fast food (aside from the healthy ones) and junk foods are one of the worst things ever created. And then there’s the fact that people d*e because they can’t afford optimal medical care. It’s all just extremely sad and depressing. I hate that c*ncer and heart disease exists. It’s taken family members of mine and I get upset every time I think about it.

24 minutes ago, Admin said:

I enjoy vegetarian foods. I completely agree with people eating foods that have health benefits not available in the vegetarian world as it is common sense to give your body everything it needs --- however that kind of nutrient need (that is not satisfied in the vegetarian or vegan  world) is rare. Most everything we ever needed grew from the ground.

Well yeah, what I say is backed up by really basic/boring facts. Ones that are difficult to object to as having my position does not benefit some secret agenda - I just want to be healthy and have other people be healthy --- eating mostly vegetarian-friendly food means you have an overwhelming increase in the chance of not d***g from c*ncer or heart disease so, that's cool --- and you help animals too, so double win.

I should eat a vegetarian based diet. But will? I can't say that I feel determined. 

Then there's the issue of gun violence, which I feel like, if we are going to talk about something it should reflect the actual amount of human life lost - yet we obsess over something that causes less deaths than cars.

I think because it's scary & because it's all the media has been talking about since Oxford, so it puts it out there. You try to put yourself in the v****ms shoes and imagine a fellow disturbed & disgruntled student that they know bursting into the class room with a pump shot gun putting round after round into their friends. 

Hello? We need safer freeways and safer cars -- but you NEVER hear anyone say that, because again, it's not interesting.

I wonder if they've cut down on drunk driving. 

Hypocrites and fake heroes everywhere.

Guilty as charged. I am both a hypocrite and the antagonist in my life. I try really hard not to be a hypocrite as I don't like hypocrisy. I'm no hero. It'd be a joke for me to see myself in that light seeing as when I went through middle school. I started having really low self esteem. 

Edited by Hitchens

2 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

I should eat a vegetarian based diet. But will? I can't say that I feel determined. 

I started to pay attention to how I felt after I ate red meat and realized, I felt like s***t. I went veg for years and felt much better. I also feel gr*ss when I eat too much bread or cheese.

Feeling like s***t was great motivation, also you know, being around animals and not feeling like my diet is a threat to them.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Admin said:

I started to pay attention to how I felt after I ate red meat and realized, I felt like s***t. I went veg for years and felt much better. I also feel gr*ss when I eat too much bread or cheese.

Feeling like s***t was great motivation, also you know, being around animals and not feeling like my diet is a threat to them.

So what kind of vegi meals do you eat?

1 minute ago, Hitchens said:

So what kind of vegi meals do you eat?

I mostly eat the following:

Yogurt
Cereal
Burritos
Veggie Burgers
Veggie pot pie
Lasagna
Salad
Spaghetti
Thai food (veggie plates)
Japanese food (Veggie rolls)
Egg whites (apparently necessary for a human diet for a number of reasons)
Sandwiches (pbnj or straight up veggie meat)

I also eat Salmon due to the fact that it is literally one of the most healthy things you can eat on Earth.

Like I said, if you're going to eat something that had a heartbeat, at least make it something that offers something that is not available in the vegetarian world.

Apparently people who salmon and veggies (mostly), live longer/healthier on average than vegetarians.

• Star 1

6 hours ago, Admin said:

Apparently people who salmon and veggies (mostly), live longer/healthier on average than vegetarians.

Thats great. I'm glad for you. Not that I'm s*uicidal or anything. I don't believe in the existence of gods or an afterlife. Meaning, I want to d*e someday. It might sound crazy. But I never wanted to d*ie an old man. I always told my friends that I wanted to d*e in my 50s.

Why live longer and put up with more bullsh*it?

Like you said. Humans s*uck and most of them cause problems with their man made written religions that cause s*uicides and makes everyone around them m*iserable. 

Or the bs politics and having to work my a*ss off for money all of the time. I am a slave to society. 

Why would you want to be here any longer than you have to??

8 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

Thats great. I'm glad for you. Not that I'm s*uicidal or anything. I don't believe in the existence of gods or an afterlife. Meaning, I want to d*e someday. It might sound crazy. But I never wanted to d*ie an old man. I always told my friends that I wanted to d*e in my 50s.

Why live longer and put up with more bullsh*it?

Like you said. Humans s*uck and most of them cause problems with their man made written religions that cause s*uicides and makes everyone around them m*iserable. 

Or the bs politics and having to work my a*ss off for money all of the time. I am a slave to society. 

Why would you want to be here any longer than you have to??

Well, if a person of faith believes they’re going to heaven, they really shouldn’t be afraid of d***g either. There are other reasons people don’t want to d*e though. 

2 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Well, if a person of faith believes they’re going to heaven, they really shouldn’t be afraid of d***g either. There are other reasons people don’t want to d*e though. 

It's normal for people to fear d***g. The religious are more afraid because they're in denial. They know at the far back of their mind that their God and Heaven isn't real. That scares them because they know d*eath is final. They won't ever admit it. 

Christians and the superstitious have a greater fear of it. 

Pray all you want. An imaginary deity isn't going to save you.

5 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

It's normal for people to fear d***g. The religious are more afraid because they're in denial. They know at the far back of their mind that their God and Heaven isn't real. That scares them because they know d*eath is final. They won't ever admit it. 

Christians and the superstitious have a greater fear of it. 

Pray all you want. An imaginary deity isn't going to save you.

I’m not religious. I’m agnostic, even though I was raised Catholic.

3 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I’m not religious. I’m agnostic, even though I was raised Catholic.

The biggest reason I saw from most people for believing was "Heaven". Theists believe out of fear and hope for life after death.

In fact if they weren't preaching about Jesus. They were preaching about the path to Heaven. Heaven this & Heaven that.

That's a very comforting lie. But I'd rather stick to what's real. And religion and the superstitions that it feeds people is one big fat lie.