Anxiety

Broken Stiletto

My anxiety has really got the best of me lately,  so I thought I'd try building a site just to learn and express myself. Turns out it's become my obsession and I still have NOTHING started!!I                                                                                                                                             I haven't been super active in social media for a few years and even then it was just Facebook!   I'm a little 🤏🏻 older than probably a lot of you and  feel so dumb asking for help especially to anyone I know....                                                                                                                                       Any suggestions on how to teach myself or advice

5 hours ago, Broken Stiletto said:

My anxiety has really got the best of me lately,  so I thought I'd try building a site just to learn and express myself. Turns out it's become my obsession and I still have NOTHING started!!I                                                                                                                                          

I'm 35 & I've spent over half my life dealing with anxiety, depression, and anger. I really have to say the lack of self control dealing with those emotions are my fault. I've learned a trick. But I don't know if it works for everyone. What may work for me may not work for you. 

5 hours ago, Broken Stiletto said:

I haven't been super active in social media for a few years and even then it was just Facebook!   I'm a little 🤏🏻 older than probably a lot of you and  feel so dumb asking for help especially to anyone I know. Any suggestions on how to teach myself or advice?                                                                                                                                   

Well. I did do things like therapy because of an ultimatum my ex wife gave me. I went in and saw a councilor and saw a psychiatrist where I was placed on medicine for 6 or so years. But I quit taking med*cation after my divorce.

I spent a whole year being depressed and driving myself crazy with anxiety. Until recently I came up with my own technique to relax. I'm not 100% there so it's not a cure. So far it's worked for me for the most part and I know everyone else's mental condition is different from my own. 

First ask yourself why you're feeling anxious in the first place. Then say no to those feelings. I feel like it takes a lot of energy to be anxious and your thoughts are going a hundred miles per hour with worry about things you cannot control. So just take a deep breath and tell yourself to relax and make yourself give up. 

Why give up?

Well. I'm glad you asked. Anxiety is about control. The more you lose control over something. The more anxious & worried you become. If you convince yourself that these things are beyond your control. Then it's easier to let it go & relax. 

However, I don't know if that will help you. I'm not a licensed psychologist lol

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Hitchens said:

Well. I'm glad you asked. Anxiety is about control. The more you lose control over something. The more anxious & worried you become. If you convince yourself that these things are beyond your control. Then it's easier to let it go & relax. 

I agree with you. Sometimes we don't understand the magnitude of our capabilities. I still deal with a ton of anxiety. I like to go over the reasons it's an illogical emotion. That can open up negative self-talk at times and when that happen I eat soup and watch anime and try and forget how I'm feeling.

• Heart 1