What's one of your deal breakers?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, stopallhate said:

What do you mean “control?” Like when someone is too controlling, or like you yourself having control?

Too controlling. I like open discussions first with what makes us feel comfortable/ uncomfortable. The worst relationship in my life was the one who made me feel like a prisoner, yet watching them do whatever they pleased, but if I did anything to feel free (like go out with friends) or dare say anything it was such a huge conflict. It just didn't feel fair (but they were cheating on me, so you know). But you grow and learn. I'm much happier now that I have. I'm not a controlling type either, I would want my partner to be able to enjoy life and be supportive of them, & would want to know they have the same feeling in return. ❤

Edited by brittniisundae
  • Heart 1

7 hours ago, stopallhate said:

Oh, can I just say, you seem like a very sweet person?? 💖 I feel very soft vibes. Anyway, I’m soo sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately with so many people on this planet, we’re always going to find those incompatible souls every now and then. But I’m glad you found someone better for you, and that you’re happier. Controlling types are a pet peeve of mine too. And it’s even worse when they’re hypocrites.  

Aww Thank you for the kind compliment! ❤ it's  weird because yeah I wish it never happened, but im okay now with it. I learned, I'm in a better place with myself. Relationships can go sour, people take a different turn. Perfect exists in the eyes and heart of the beholder. If it's going great keep going, if not reconsider options. I like the idea of team effort, even if by yourself you're going to have to love & take care of yourself. And thats what i learned after that one relationship. I had to love and understand myself better to give better when it was my time to move on. Thanks for being so understanding! ❤ your posts are a joy to read!

• Heart 1

• Elites

I'm opposed to bigotry in a partner/friend. Lack of etiquette is also a turn off. Also health is a factor I consider. I am disgusted by passive aggression as well.

• Star 1

This is my downfall but I don't really have any deal breakers. If I like you enough I'll put up with just about anything...except maybe being anti LGBT, a misogynist, or r*cist- but you probably wouldn't be dating me in the first place if you were any of those things, lol

• Star 1

I don't like sociopaths. I was with this 26 year old girl at the beginning of 2020 for 3 months before my divorce was finalized. She was a chronic liar. She had horrible mental issues. She was controlling. She wanted me to put my k***s up for adoption. I couldn't put up with it anymore. She had to go. 

• Star 1

If they were a SUPER fan of Fox News I'd question their reasoning skills but I'd probably stay with them if they were really charming or whatever...

Now if they were just a Trumper, that would be a hard sell because it's like... bro, there are SOOOOOOOO many things wrong dude. Soooo many things.... ahhhhh... like be a fan of his shows but not of him having power my god.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1