Arguing with people in dreams.. and other weird (clear) dream related stuff

Danny Van Hecke

It sometimes happens I'm starting to realize I'm probably dreaming and start to argue with people if this is a dream or not. Like.. I say "this is dream" and then another person says "no, this is not a dream".

Eh, well thank God I don't have such arguments in daily waking life, but the mind works different while dreaming.

Sometimes also start to realize I'm dreaming and take a good look at other people in the dream, and they can look very realistic, and then I wonder "do those people really exist, or is my mind capable to create such realistic looking faces that don't really exist?"

A positive thing is that every time I have a scary nightmare I start realize it's a dream, and then I can force myself to wake up.

• Star 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I've heard that if you see people you don't know in a dream, you've seen them IRL because the mind can't make up new faces.

26 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Well, I'm not sure about that.

She's correct. There were studies done on it. Your imagination is a conscious effort. Your waking brain is orderly. Your sleep brain is fragmented. So when you're asleep. Your brain is replicating things out of order and it's messing it up and it's all wild. That's why dreams are weird.

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 2

10 hours ago, Hitchens said:

She's correct. There were studies done on it. Your imagination is a conscious effort. Your waking brain is orderly. Your sleep brain is fragmented. So when you're asleep. Your brain is replicating things out of order and it's messing it up and it's all wild. That's why dreams are weird.

Yep, dreams sure can be weird... 

Psychologist-All-dreams-have-a-meaning-Meanwhile-my-dreams-meme-2726.png

• Star 1
  • Funny 1