Question for religious people

summerlusk

• Mod

I actually haven't been to Church in 2 years. My Church has services on Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings and I always liked to go in the evenings, but I had to start working during the evenings back in 2019. Then last year Covid happened so obviously I couldn't go and I haven't been going this year either. I listened to it online sometimes though. I need to start going back lol. I go to a community Church btw.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

4 hours ago, summerlusk said:

How often do you go to church or whatever place of worship your religion has?

I don't go to church. I'm have no belief that deities or Skyfathers exist. I'm not superstitious.   I'm an Atheist who remains unconvinced. 

Like a famous Atheist once stated: If an assertion was made without evidence then it can also be dismissed without evidence.

Books like the Bible & the Qur'an are claims. Not evidence. They don't validate or prove the existence of God or Allah.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, Admin said:

“I have a question for religious people”

I mean… church s*cks right? Anyone like church?

It was boring anytime my mom made me go. She quit taking me because I started sleeping through the service. All the pastor ever did was preach about things in the New Testament that I already knew about. Didn't care as its not real.

My ex wife made me go. So I'd sit there & think about what we were going to do when we got out.

It became such a pain in my a'ss that I shut off her alarm clock on a late Saturday night. It resulted in her oversleeping and missing the service.

That was funny and at least I got to catch up on sleep.

Edited by Hitchens
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Saphire Cotto said:

I know Baptist Churches are fun for the worship part. Then the lecture haha so lame. Mass has been horrible sitting as standing boo.

Do you like part at the beginning of the service where they make you either shake hands or hug? 

Now imagine thousands of Christians spreading it during the service in every town and state.

They're practically going to church to get sick & f*ucked up. 

No wonder Covid and Flu spread so fast. SMH. 

But that's okay with them. They're convinced and constantly assured by their fellow Christians that their imaginary skyfather will protect them. 

Now that's delusion at its finest. Religion played a pretty big part if you think about it.

Edited by Hitchens

My Dad raised me Catholic and made me go to church (aka Mass) every Sunday since I was 5. The funny thing is, he stopped making me go after my parents got divorced and he stopped going to church too and now he’s not even religious anymore. I hated going, to be honest because it was SO boring. I’ve been to other churches and the most boring ones were the Catholic ones to me, I don’t know why. My friend’s church had Vacation Bible School that I went with her too (she was born-again Christian). My church didn’t have anything like that.

If anyone reading this has been to a Catholic church or was raised Catholic they probably know what I’m talking about. 

Edited by summerlusk
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

Do you like part at the beginning of the service where they make you either shake hands or hug? 

Ugh no it's so awkward! I have when strangers would come up to me and pray for me like you is speaking through them ugh. They would profile me and make assumptions about my problems and sins.

They're practically going to church to get sick & f*ucked up. 

No wonder Covid and Flu spread so fast. SMH. 

No it's true my family wanted to go regardless. Isn't it funny how church and not believing in covid go hand and hand. 

But that's okay with them. They're convinced and constantly assured by their fellow Christians that their imaginary skyfather will protect them. 

So true 

• Star 1

1 hour ago, Saphire Cotto said:

Ugh no it's so awkward! I have when strangers would come up to me and pray for me like you is speaking through them ugh. They would profile me and make assumptions about my problems and sins.

Actually, not all of your wrong doings are permanent and should be remembered. In a secular way, you can just forget it ever happened. No imaginary deity can actually punish you because one hasn't ever been proven to exist in history. That's why a book written by men based on circular thinking states you have to, so all of "god's" followers can judge and shame you.  

break-the-cycle.jpg?w=700&h=540

In Christianity, they act like you have a spiritual criminal record tacked onto you and you have to ask their skyfather for forgiveness every day and that you've been cursed as a sinner since birth. Why? Because a book written by men back in the first millennium with fictional characters says so with fictional laws. 

6284218693_5ca86a9f6b_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Saphire Cotto said:

No it's true my family wanted to go regardless. Isn't it funny how church and not believing in covid go hand and hand. 

Because followers can't get past "Because the Bible says so" logic. Enter circular reasoning. Nothing else including Covid or whatever pandemic or event applies. Religion is an Argumentum Ad Populum / Argument Ad Ignorantium / Reductio Ad Absurdum. The entire religion itself is a false dichotomy. 

Once you conclude that deities do not and cannot exist. As there is no evidence. Just assertions WITHOUT evidence. You can dismiss it. Christians do this all of the time with deities from other religions. They call them false or fictional gods. They just can't stand it when Atheists do the same with their fictional deity. They haven't stopped to question. "What if my god is fake and this other deity is real and I'm going to this "h**l" or that "h**l"? 

Well, that's because "The Bible said so". They don't want evidence. Evidence against their all mighty religion is heresy and witch craft. Because the Bible says in the book of "Hebrews".  The following idiots: Eusebeuis, Pamphilus, Jerome, and several others who wrote the Bible thought of every scenario to lock people into the religion so they couldn't get out of it. 

Along with the first council of Niceae they even made up Jesus as well. There's no contemporary, archaeological, or anthropological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Much of the Bible is plagiarized from other religious stories and conflicts with many of the stories in the Old and New Testament. But Christians don't listen to that, because non believers are all liars and are in bed with the devil. Because The Bible said so. 

t's all just a silly mind f*uck once you conclude that it's man's word and not that of a Skyfather's. It really feels incredible to let it go. And it feels good to fight religious bigots. Because you know it's a lie. There's more objective, empirical, and historical evidence pointing that it doesn't exist. I mean, do we say that werewolves or vampires do or don't exist just because there's no evidence point that they ever existed? People know they're fictional because NO EVIDENCE. I think we can conclude the same for Skyfathers like God, Odin, Vishnu, Zeus, Papa Legba. Whatever. 

Religion just offers misinformation for everything. Sometimes there's just not an answer and people can't seem to make their peace with that. Not everything can be explained the way they believe the Bible does via "God of Gaps." Those are just comforting lies. I don't have all of the answers.  Atheism isn't like that like Christianity is. Atheism is all about looking for answers despite not believing in the existence of deities. It's about getting the facts. 

tumblr_mlzg3qRGhH1rtg1hvo1_1280.jpg

Other than that. Why would you want to worship a fictional skyfather that validates slavery, ******, misogamy, torture, and the m**der of c*hildren? 

I feel bad for the women and anyone whom is gay who were indoctrinated into Christianity are subjugated to the lies and the misogynistic and h*mophobic attitudes of it's followers. Well, that's because "The Bible" said so logic.

No Christian can't get past what the Bible says. They have to follow it. Because their Skyfather in the Bible says so. Isn't it cute how a "god" or "prophet" says love me or I'll torture you forever and the Christians just eat it up. But if I or another guy were to say it....wow. 

l28sfoc3ezk31.jpg

18 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

That is so sly lol 😂 

That's what you get when you try to force your religion down someone's throat. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Heart 2
  • Star 1

19 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

Actually, not all of your wrong doings are permanent and should be remembered. In a secular way, you can just forget it ever happened. No imaginary deity can actually punish you because one hasn't ever been proven to exist in history. That's why a book written by men based on circular thinking states you have to, so all of "god's" followers can judge and shame you.  

break-the-cycle.jpg?w=700&h=540

In Christianity, they act like you have a spiritual criminal record tacked onto you and you have to ask their skyfather for forgiveness every day and that you've been cursed as a sinner since birth. Why? Because a book written by men back in the first millennium with fictional characters says so with fictional laws. 

6284218693_5ca86a9f6b_z.jpg

Because followers can't get past "Because the Bible says so" logic. Enter circular reasoning. Nothing else including Covid or whatever pandemic or event applies. Religion is an Argumentum Ad Populum / Argument Ad Ignorantium / Reductio Ad Absurdum. The entire religion itself is a false dichotomy. 

Once you conclude that deities do not and cannot exist. As there is no evidence. Just assertions WITHOUT evidence. You can dismiss it. Christians do this all of the time with deities from other religions. They call them false or fictional gods. They just can't stand it when Atheists do the same with their fictional deity. They haven't stopped to question. "What if my god is fake and this other deity is real and I'm going to this "h**l" or that "h**l"? 

Well, that's because "The Bible said so". They don't want evidence. Evidence against their all mighty religion is heresy and witch craft. Because the Bible says in the book of "Hebrews".  The following idiots: Eusebeuis, Pamphilus, Jerome, and several others who wrote the Bible thought of every scenario to lock people into the religion so they couldn't get out of it. 

Along with the first council of Niceae they even made up Jesus as well. There's no contemporary, archaeological, or anthropological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Much of the Bible is plagiarized from other religious stories and conflicts with many of the stories in the Old and New Testament. But Christians don't listen to that, because non believers are all liars and are in bed with the devil. Because The Bible said so. 

t's all just a silly mind f*uck once you conclude that it's man's word and not that of a Skyfather's. It really feels incredible to let it go. And it feels good to fight religious bigots. Because you know it's a lie. There's more objective, empirical, and historical evidence pointing that it doesn't exist. I mean, do we say that werewolves or vampires do or don't exist just because there's no evidence point that they ever existed? People know they're fictional because NO EVIDENCE. I think we can conclude the same for Skyfathers like God, Odin, Vishnu, Zeus, Papa Legba. Whatever. 

Religion just offers misinformation for everything. Sometimes there's just not an answer and people can't seem to make their peace with that. Not everything can be explained the way they believe the Bible does via "God of Gaps." Those are just comforting lies. I don't have all of the answers.  Atheism isn't like that like Christianity is. Atheism is all about looking for answers despite not believing in the existence of deities. It's about getting the facts. 

tumblr_mlzg3qRGhH1rtg1hvo1_1280.jpg

Other than that. Why would you want to worship a fictional skyfather that validates slavery, ******, misogamy, torture, and the m**der of c*hildren? 

I feel bad for the women and anyone whom is gay who were indoctrinated into Christianity are subjugated to the lies and the misogynistic and h*mophobic attitudes of it's followers. Well, that's because "The Bible" said so logic.

No Christian can't get past what the Bible says. They have to follow it. Because their Skyfather in the Bible says so. Isn't it cute how a "god" or "prophet" says love me or I'll torture you forever and the Christians just eat it up. But if I or another guy were to say it....wow. 

l28sfoc3ezk31.jpg

That's what you get when you try to force your religion down someone's throat. 

Yeah, I get you. My parents weren’t as strict as my best friend’s though. Her parents wouldn’t let her celebrate Halloween or listen to non-Christian music. My dad made me go to church with him, but I was still allowed to celebrate Halloween, listen to regular music, etc. 

42 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Yeah, I get you. My parents weren’t as strict as my best friend’s though. Her parents wouldn’t let her celebrate Halloween or listen to non-Christian music. My dad made me go to church with him, but I was still allowed to celebrate Halloween, listen to regular music, etc. 

Poor girl. I know how she feels about the control and censorship that religion does. 

She lives in fear because of Christianity and because the skyfather's followers will shame her. 

The fear of upsetting her parents if she doesn't do what their religion requires. The fear of upsetting an imaginary skyfather who she believes could give her c*ncer and send her off to burn forever.

See the emotional and mental a*buse by religious indoctrination? 

These people obviously don't think for themselves because they're mentally incapacitated by these superstitious beliefs at a very young age. 

It needs to stop! 

Not one single Christian in my lifetime has ever presented me a shread of evidence. They just claim they have "imaginary" evidence, argue creationism superstition, and fallacious arguments that don't prove a damn thing. 

Then as a last ditch effort in said argument. Some Christians argue  "well God doesn't require evidence. That's not how it works."

Yes it does. If it can be asserted without evidence then it can also be dismissed without evidence. 

And he's right. Religion f*ucks with everything. IT needed to be done away with a long time ago. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1