Worst invention ever

summerlusk

1 hour ago, Kaitlind said:

I feel like guns have done a lot of harm to society.

I strongly disagree. Believe it or not, they protect as many people as they end. They help win wars via the US military & are a great tool for the police in protecting the innocent and upholding the law. 

Getting rid of them would be hurting more than helping. I get that you're looking at it from a standpoint where there are school shootings and other i**egal use. 

For example, England doesn't allow guns. But guess what? They still have just as many problems a we do. There's a thing called mass stabbings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_stabbing

My ex wife was anti 2nd Amendment and I agreed with her for the sake of agreeing until her sister sent someone over who assaulted me in own home. I wished I had a gun then. It would have been a deterrent. 

Perhaps you need to be in the same situation to change your views on guns. Then it'll be a different conversation. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 3

• Mod
1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

I strongly disagree. Believe it or not, they protect as many people as they end. They help win wars via the US military & are a great tool for the police in protecting the innocent and upholding the law. 

Getting rid of them would be hurting more than helping. I get that you're looking at it from a standpoint where there are school shootings and other i**egal use. 

For example, England doesn't allow guns. But guess what? They still have just as many problems a we do. There's a thing called mass stabbings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_stabbing

My ex wife was anti 2nd Amendment and I agreed with her for the sake of agreeing until her sister sent someone over who assaulted me in own home. I wished I had a gun then. It would have been a deterrent. 

Perhaps you need to be in the same situation to change your views on guns. Then it'll be a different conversation. 

Oh well yeah. I wasn't really thinking about the good side of having guns.

• Star 1

• Mod
Just now, summerlusk said:

That’s why I went with cigarettes. There’s literally nothing good about them, all they do is k ill people.

True. That was a good answer. I couldn't think of any other answer besides guns but I know there are good reasons to use one under certain circumstances.

• Star 1

40 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Oh well yeah. I wasn't really thinking about the good side of having guns.

I do hate that there are those that a* buse the right.

And because of those people. You now have a party consisting of people who blame an inanimate object,guns for the root cause of pain and suffering. 

While we have anti gun protesters here in America. There are anti knife protesters in the UK. 

Getting rid of guns doesn't and wouldn't stop homicides and other crimes. They'd still continue. Except this time. You would have removed the very thing that keeps criminals from breaking into your home to violate your rights.

Just having a gun and people knowing you have guns & know you'd use it if cornered acts as a deterrent from them coming into your home of a night to do you bodily harm.

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 3

4 hours ago, Saphire Cotto said:

Are you polyamorous? Or wish to be? 

I'm open to the idea of it. I doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime. I am not disappointed by this. I have always been in monogamous relationships and have been in a few "Friends With Benefits" before my marriage and after my divorce. 

When I first started seeing my girlfriend. She brought up the idea & made a statement back in late January  that she wanted a girlfriend. But then she changed her mind a few days after. She said she was drunk and didn't mean it. We haven't talked about it since. And I'm not going to bring it up because I did ask her why she brought it up after she changed her mind. And I could tell that she was getting emotional and that it was bothering her.  So common sense kicked in and I dropped it because I care about her and it is very important that I show it and that I act like it. So therefor I have & continue to do so.  

Why won't it happen? Because she's very possessive of me. As I've gotten to know her, I have concluded that this is something she does not want & I respect that. 

Edited by Hitchens

7 hours ago, Hitchens said:

I'm open to the idea of it. I doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime. I am not disappointed by this. I have always been in monogamous relationships and have been in a few "Friends With Benefits" before my marriage and after my divorce. 

When I first started seeing my girlfriend. She brought up the idea & made a statement back in late January  that she wanted a girlfriend. But then she changed her mind a few days after. She said she was drunk and didn't mean it. We haven't talked about it since. And I'm not going to bring it up because I did ask her why she brought it up after she changed her mind. And I could tell that she was getting emotional and that it was bothering her.  So common sense kicked in and I dropped it because I care about her and it is very important that I show it and that I act like it. So therefor I have & continue to do so.  

Why won't it happen? Because she's very possessive of me. As I've gotten to know her, I have concluded that this is something she does not want & I respect that. 

It great you are opened minded and do not judge her for her feelings. Do you think she doesn’t want to bring it up because she doesn’t want you with another woman?