Yet, another school shooting

Hitchens

Here we go yet again. Another school shooting. You'd think they would have gotten better at dealing with these by now.

I'm getting really sick of this crap. They need to put around the clock police officers at the school who have permission to off these sons of b*itches who think it's all fine and dandy to shoot and m*urder their classmates and have it required for teachers to conceal and carry!

They have cops on staff at my k*ids school just in case this kind of thing happens and I know for a fact some of the teachers at their school conceal and carry. Guns are not the problem, it's how the situation is being handled.

Why did they not have a police officer's on staff or had required the teachers to conceal and carry? They could have stopped it before it got as bad as it did. This is bullsh*it on the highest level! 

Was the school thinking, "Oh that will never happen here." ?

It's always better to be prepared & hope it never does happen. You always have that one weird k*id that wants to k*ill everyone. 

A 15-year-old boy is in custody after three students died and eight were injured in a shooting Tuesday afternoon at a high school in Oxford, Michigan, authorities said.

The Oxford High School students ki**ed were Tate Myre, 16; Hana St. Juliana, 14, and Madisyn Baldwin, 17, according to Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard.

Eight others -- seven students and a teacher -- were shot, Bouchard said. Three are in critical condition with gunshot wounds, including a 14-year-old girl who is on a ventilator after having surgery. A 14-year-old boy is in serious condition with a gunshot wound to the jaw and head, Bouchard said. Three students are in stable condition and the teacher who was shot has been discharged.

CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/us/michigan-oxford-high-school-incident/index.html

Edited by Hitchens

1 hour ago, summerlusk said:

How did the k*d get the gun in the first place?

He stole it off of his father. Which is why they need metal detectors and armed guards at schools for this kind of thing. They could have stopped him from bringing it in. They just need to treat schools like they do the court houses. 

Crumbley surrendered about five minutes after the a**ack and handed over a semi-automatic handgun purchased by his father just four days ago, Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said.

Article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/ethan-crumbley-identified-as-oxford-high-school-michigan-mass-shooter

They really shouldn't blame the parents & they are. They did the same thing with Columbine and even sued the parents after it happened, which wasn't fair. Both teenagers, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, never got the weapons from their parents. They bought them under the table via straw purchases. They were under going therapy and were medicated before they had their manic episode and shot up the school. Dylan's mom is really nice. She's tried to do her very best to comfort the parents of the people that Dylan m*urdered in cold blood. It wasn't her fault and I do believe she did her best. 

In other words, the only person who should be blamed and sued is Ethan Crumbley. Not his parents and not because they're Trump supporters. 

The boy’s father, James Crumbley, 45, has worked as a tech salesman and recently ran into legal trouble in Florida over ch*ld-support payments. A spokesperson for his last employer, a San Francisco-based company called Monarch that provides GPS tracking to the transportation industry, said Crumbley “briefly worked... as an independent contractor from February to July 2021” and “was terminated for reasons unrelated to this incident.”

Ethan Crumbley’s mother, Jennifer Crumbley, 43, worked as a real estate broker in the Oxford area, but her staff bio has now been taken down. Although James’ online presence demonstrates a preference for the Seattle Seahawks, his posts were not overtly political.

Article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/ethan-crumbley-identified-as-oxford-high-school-michigan-mass-shooter

Edited by Hitchens
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

Just now, summerlusk said:

Apparently the parents are being charged now.

I'm not surprised. The parents  always burn too. The Columbine parents were sued, Adam Lanza's family estate was seized, and the parents also sued Dimitrios Pagourtzis's parents after the Texas shoot out. 

Do you think it's fair to blame and sue the parents?

• Star 1

4 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

I'm not surprised. The parents  always burn too. The Columbine parents were sued, Adam Lanza's family estate was seized, and the parents also sued Dimitrios Pagourtzis's parents after the Texas shoot out. 

Do you think it's fair to blame and sue the parents?

Not in all cases, and maybe not those. But in this press conference, the prosecutor clarifies that she also doesn’t think the parents should always be blamed, but that this specific case is different based on their investigation.

Edited by summerlusk
  • Heart 1

They sued her and the Harris family for 2.5 million dollars. That's not justice. That's scapegoating. There was written evidence in Eric's journal after he committed s*uicide that his parents were innocent. That he was going to do it, that he hid from them, and told people not to go after his parents because this was his own decision. He knew they were going to find his journal.

Sure we can think what we want, but you can “think” and “behave” you can judge people and nature all you want, but you are still wrong! Why should your morals apply to everyone else. “Morals” is just another word, and that’s it. I think we are all a waste of natural resources and should be ki**ed off, and since humans have the ability to choose ... and I’m human . . . I think I will choose to end and damage as much as nature allows me to so take that, f*** you, and eat napalm + lead! HA! Only nature can stop me. I know I could get shot by a cop after only killing a single person, but hey guess the f*** WHAT! I chose to end that one person so get over it! It’s MY fault! Not my parents, not my brothers, not my friends, not my favorite bands, not computer games, not the media. IT is MINE! Go shut the f*** up!

Journal entry: https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/harris_journal_1.3.pdf

3 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

They sued her and the Harris family for 2.5 million dollars. That's not justice. That's scapegoating. There was written evidence in Eric's journal after he committed s*uicide that his parents were innocent. That he was going to do it, that he hid from them, and told people not to go after his parents because this was his own decision. He knew they were going to find his journal.

I don’t think the parents are to blame at all in that case then and they are innocent.

The prosecutor in the press conference that I posted said that there’s reason to believe the parents had some knowledge of what their son was going to do, which they will have to prove.

9 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

In that case, no. TBH though, I don’t know that much about it.

It's the most interesting and unique school shooting you'll ever read about. There's tons of documentaries about  Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold shooting up Columbine. Eric was a nihilist and Dylan was just depressed and wanted to d*e with Eric. He was s*uicidal already and didn't care about what he did.  

I don’t fit in here thinking of suicide gives me hope, that I’ll be in my place wherever I go after this life ... that I’ll finally not be at war with myself, the world, the universe — my mind, body, everywhere, everything at PEACE in me — my soul (existence). & the routine is still monotonous, go to school, be scared & nervous, hoping that people can accept me ... that I can accept them ... the NIN [Nine Inch Nails] song Piggy is good for thought writing ... The Lost Highway3 sounds like a movie about me . .. I’m gonna write later, bye >

Journal entry: https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/klebold_journal_1.2.pdf

2 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I don’t think the parents are to blame at all in that case then and they are innocent.

The prosecutor in the press conference that I posted said that there’s reason to believe the parents had some knowledge of what their son was going to do, which they will have to prove.

That's good. Justice needs to be dispensed appropriately and not from a revenge and vindictive stand point. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

28 people d*e from school shootings every year (out of MILLIONS), yet we talk about this more than most any other topic relating to lives ending prematurely (like c*ncer, diabetes, domestic violence etc) 

We have messed up priorities. This is a topic only because it is rare/interesting and has little to do with the weight of human life lost.

Why post about this but not promote charities that help k***s with c*ncer???

Google: c*ncer charity (to make real change)

OVER A THOUSAND PASS EVERY YEAR

• Star 2

8 hours ago, Admin said:

Why post about this but not promote charities that help k***s with c*ncer???

Google: c*ncer charity (to make real change)

OVER A THOUSAND PASS EVERY YEAR

All the money in the world couldn't solve human suffering. It's not something that can be bought off. 

Suffering is hunger that is a bottomless pitt. It's never satisfied. It's never satiated.

There's no end to it.

I used to donate but quit a long time ago. Because I lacked a good reason. They say helping is a very good reason because it's the best moral choice.

I realize some people do it for religious reasons,  others for self gratification, some do it to appeal to their own morality, some do it to help ease their conscience, & then you have those that do it because they enjoy it.

I did it to appeal to my morality and to boost my self esteem like I actually helped someone. But those reasons were petty.  Looking back now. Who was I kidding? 

My reasons were an absolute joke. 

30 minutes ago, Admin said:

More k i d s  di e from choking to death on g r a p e s every year than ki ds who di e from shootings.

We. Must. Ban. G r a p e s.

And marshmallows. Don't forget marshmallows.

My mom is always on about how thebig fluffy ones are a choking hazard.

Oh! Wal-Mart shopping bags. Toddlers love to wear them. They cause suffocating. 

I did that when I was little.