The new Covid variant

Kaitlind

• Mod

So are we going to start getting a new Covid variant every year now? First it was the Coronavirus in 2020, this year it was the Delta variant, and now the new variant called Omicron is spreading in other countries with only a month left until 2022. When will life give us a break? Lol

What are your thoughts/feelings about the new variant?

• Star 1

8 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

It’s a shame this even happened in the first place. That COVID-19 ever existed and spread the way it did. I wish it never happened. If I could go back to in time and could prevent COVID from coming into existence, I would in a heartbeat.

It's been around for a very long time. The last epidemic in China was in 2003. Except that it wasn't called Covid. It's originally known as SARS. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 1

• Mod
1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

I scared of getting this thing. I've heard the horror stories from my family members as well as my girlfriend. I'm hoping that if I get enough vaccinations. It won't be as bad. 

Yeah I read different things about it. To be honest I'm not really that worried because I'm vaccinated and I know the internet spreads false information and sometimes fake news happens. I'm more worried for the unvaccinated.

1 hour ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

There's not much known about the new variant yet... but it's probably not worse than the previous ones, if it would be worse that would have been noticed by now.

I sure hope it doesn't get worse. I'm hearing more things about it not being as bad but I know things can change as time goes on.

54 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

It’s a shame this even happened in the first place. That COVID-19 ever existed and spread the way it did. I wish it never happened. If I could go back to in time and could prevent COVID from coming into existence, I would in a heartbeat.

Same 😕

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I feel uneasy about covid for the first time in a long time. When it first hit I was terrified of it and wouldn't go out, but I've felt okay since I've had both my vaccines and life seemed to be getting more 'normal' again. I think I'm just worried there may be another lockdown as this time it would only be me and my daughter at home since my boyfriend passed away.

• Heart 1

• Mod
1 minute ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

I feel uneasy about covid for the first time in a long time. When it first hit I was terrified of it and wouldn't go out, but I've felt okay since I've had both my vaccines and life seemed to be getting more 'normal' again. I think I'm just worried there may be another lockdown as this time it would only be me and my daughter at home since my boyfriend passed away.

Oh I didn't think about that. Well it's not in the US as far as we know. Hopefully it won't reach here.

2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Oh I didn't think about that. Well it's not in the US as far as we know. Hopefully it won't reach here.

So far here we've just started having to wear masks again today, but I was still wearing mine in busy places anyways so 🤷‍♀️ I just hope everyone gets a nice Christmas with their friends and families after last year. I'm sure we will, I'll just be over thinking. 😅

Edited by ZombiesAteCharley
Spelling
  • Heart 1

• Mod
13 minutes ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

So far here we've just started having to wear masks again today, but I was still wearing mine in busy places anyways so 🤷‍♀️ I just hope everyone gets a nice Christmas with their friends and families after last year. I'm sure we will, I'll just be over thinking. 😅

Last year I was sick during Christmas and I assumed I just had a bad cold so I was still around family like an idiot because it turned out I did have Covid. It was a boring Christmas too. I hope it won't be like that again next month.

Just now, Kaitlind said:

Last year I was sick during Christmas and I assumed I just had a bad cold so I was still around family like an idiot because it turned out I did have Covid. It was a boring Christmas too. I hope it won't get like that again this year.

Aww no way! Aslong as you and your family were okay 🙂 last year our prime minister told us we could have 5 days of no social distance restrictions over Christmas, then it got reduced to 3, then the week before it got changed to only Christmas day and with one other household only. It was a let down after everyone being so excited. But it was better than nothing.

• Heart 1

• Mod
1 minute ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

Aww no way! Aslong as you and your family were okay 🙂 last year our prime minister told us we could have 5 days of no social distance restrictions over Christmas, then it got reduced to 3, then the week before it got changed to only Christmas day and with one other household only. It was a let down after everyone being so excited. But it was better than nothing.

Well I'm pretty sure I gave the Coronavirus to my dad but he was fine thankfully. And yeah, sometimes you have to do what you have to do to be safe.

• Star 1

10 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

So are we going to start getting a new Covid variant every year now? First it was the Coronavirus in 2020, this year it was the Delta variant, and now the new variant called Omicron is spreading in other countries with only a month left until 2022. When will life give us a break? Lol

What are your thoughts/feelings about the new variant?

Taking precautions, like staying home most of the time, wearing a  mask. 

Haven't got the  vaccine yet, people have been d***g from those shots, which kinda spoked me..

My opinion...this virus needs to stop

It's taken too many lives  already. 

23 minutes ago, Admin said:

It is illogical anyone stopped. It isn’t over till it is gone. It has not been gone for years. So why would anyone stop wearing their mask?

I honestly have no idea. People here make a really big deal about it, I don't understand what is so hard about wearing a mask to protect yourself and others.  But, some people s*ck.

5 hours ago, Admin said:

It is illogical anyone stopped. It isn’t over till it is gone. It has not been gone for years. So why would anyone stop wearing their mask?

4 hours ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

I honestly have no idea. People here make a really big deal about it, I don't understand what is so hard about wearing a mask to protect yourself and others.  But, some people s*ck.

Let the mask wars begin

6 hours ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

I have a stepbrother that doesn’t believe or care about COVID and refuses to wear a mask and he’s been like that the whole time. He’s honestly an a***ole and I think he’s aware that it bothers people around him, but he doesn’t care. He also refuses to get vaccinated. All he cares about is himself.. 

I was also talking about this one guy that is a retired nurse and he was talking about how they made them wear masks during flu season. I was like okayyyy? GOOD?! He sounded like he was complaining and I was thinking “wtf, you worked in a HOSPITAL”.

• Mod
8 hours ago, Sheila said:

Taking precautions, like staying home most of the time, wearing a  mask. 

Haven't got the  vaccine yet, people have been d***g from those shots, which kinda spoked me..

My opinion...this virus needs to stop

It's taken too many lives  already. 

People d***g from them is rare and I think the reason a few have is because they were allergic to what's in it. There could be other reasons too. Someone told me they couldn't take the vaccine because they found out they were allergic to it so they have to be extra careful.

1 hour ago, summerlusk said:

I have a stepbrother that doesn’t believe or care about COVID and refuses to wear a mask and he’s been like that the whole time. He’s honestly an a***ole and I think he’s aware that it bothers people around him, but he doesn’t care. He also refuses to get vaccinated. All he cares about is himself.. 

lol at least get vaccinated if you don't want to mask up. There's a guy that I work with who makes every excuse not to get vaccinated because he believes that it doesn't work. I wonder how he's going to take it when there's a work mandate &  he has to get one. 

• Star 1

• Mod
8 hours ago, Admin said:

Where I live stores and restaurants only require unvaccinated people to wear masks. I stopped wearing mine because vaccinated people weren't required to wear them anymore. I still wear one if I have to though.

2 hours ago, Hitchens said:

lol at least get vaccinated if you don't want to mask up. There's a guy that I work with who makes every excuse not to get vaccinated because he believes that it doesn't work. I wonder how he's going to take it when there's a work mandate &  he has to get one. 

Last year he got kicked out of a store for not wearing a mask and told us about it. He said he was surprised because “they know him there”.

3 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Last year he got kicked out of a store for not wearing a mask and told us about it. He said he was surprised because “they know him there”.

I often don't wear a mask most places. But I have a stack of them out in my car just in case there's a sign saying that I have to wear one. 

• Star 1

4 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

I often don't wear a mask most places. But I have a stack of them out in my car just in case there's a sign saying that I have to wear one. 

At least you’ll wear one if you have to though. I don’t understand why some people refuse to wear a mask, even when it’s required.

Edited by summerlusk

28 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I don’t understand why some people refuse to wear a mask, even when it’s required.

Because they are arguing from a Reductio Ad Absurdum, an informal fallacious stand point. In the end they are proven wrong because it is a false dichotomy. An example of a false dichotomy would be arguing that the mask doesn't work or that it causes breathing problems. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 1

1 hour ago, Ghostie said:

Corona is going to become endemic, I am 85% sure of it. It’s going to be like flu deluxe every year from now on until it kills a good percent of the population. 😞

It’s worse than the flu. But honestly, the flu is bad enough for certain people and can k ill the most vulnerable. Which is why I took it seriously around certain people, nobody else did. People didn’t start taking the spread of viruses seriously until COVID.

Edited by summerlusk

People give things a chance to spread and mutate, it will. Omicron has more than 50 mutations and a higher chance for infection. So...I continue to hear the "I'm not going to live in fear" excuse.

& everytime I hear those words my response is usually a nobody said you had to, take precautions for you, those you care about, and even those you don't know. I personally think it's pretty simple. And then they're like "oh yeah of course" but do they after I have said something like that? Who knows. 😕

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

1 hour ago, brittniisundae said:

People give things a chance to spread and mutate, it will. Omicron has more than 50 mutations and a higher chance for infection. So...I continue to hear the "I'm not going to live in fear" excuse.

& everytime I hear those words my response is usually a nobody said you had to, take precautions for you, those you care about, and even those you don't know. I personally think it's pretty simple. And then they're like "oh yeah of course" but do they after I have said something like that? Who knows. 😕

This.

• Star 1