Facebook

summerlusk

6 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Do you still use it or check it? If so, why? If not, when was the last time you checked it?

The very last time I had a Facebook was in 2014 before I completely quit using it because my mom is invasive & polices it. I've had several people come to me and tell me she shouldn't be on social media. I've even told her that myself. She doesn't care what I think. 

• Star 1

17 hours ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Spend some time on it every day, to chat with friends and also has interesting pages and groups about ancient history, cosmology, animals and nature, etc.

15 hours ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

I keep up with friends and family on it, enjoy memes and follow a few interesting groups. I also have alot of photographs on there I wouldn't want to lose. 

17 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

Yep I still check it every day. Facebook is lame but I'm still using it to keep up with friends and family and I like the meme pages I follow lol. Also I have a whole bunch of pictures on there I don't want to lose. 

Better live it up while you can. Congress is working really hard to have it deleted. They have a new player on the board, Frances Haugen.

Her name is Frances Haugen. That is a fact that Facebook has been anxious to know since last month when an anonymous former employee filed complaints with federal law enforcement. The complaints say Facebook's own research shows that it amplifies hate, misinformation and political unrest—but the company hides what it knows. One complaint alleges that Facebook's Instagram harms teenage g*rls. What makes Haugen's complaints unprecedented is the trove of private Facebook research she took when she quit in May. The documents appeared first, last month, in the Wall Street Journal. But tonight, Frances Haugen is revealing her identity to explain why she became the Facebook whistleblower.

Article: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-whistleblower-frances-haugen-misinformation-public-60-minutes-2021-10-03/

She presented Congress with volumes of "Documentary Evidence" that incriminates Facebook. 

Beginning in late summer, Haugen, 37, disclosed tens of thousands of pages of internal Facebook documents to Congress and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The documents were the basis of a series of articles in the Wall Street Journal that sparked a reckoning in September over what the company knew about how it contributed to harms ranging from its impact on teens’ mental health and the extent of misinformation on its platforms, to human traffickers’ open use of its services. The documents paint a picture of a company that is often aware of the harms to which it contributes—but is either unwilling or unable to act against them. Haugen’s disclosures set Facebook stock on a downward trajectory, formed the basis for eight new whistle-blower complaints to the SEC and have prompted lawmakers around the world to intensify their calls for regulation of the company.

Article: https://time.com/6121931/frances-haugen-facebook-whistleblower-profile/

And I'm not surprised. Facebook is denying everything even though it's "checkmate". 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

33 minutes ago, Admin said:

I rarely use Facebook… I think I last logged in two months ago.

I'm glad you don't use it. It's a huge source of misinformation as it spreads  unsubstantiated claims. 

I loved how Lawmaker Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez intimidated Mark Zuckerberg in court and made him look like a worm.

• Heart 1