Forgot about your birthday?

Hitchens

Just now, summerlusk said:

No

I haven't forgotten about my k*d's birthday's.

My father would forget about mine. My birthday is in June. Months would go by after the day of. One year he celebrated it in July and the last year that I lived with him he celebrated it in August.  He & his wife would get me a cake, which was okay.. But I didn't care for any of the birthday gifts because it was random junk.  I disliked it because it reflected how much he hadn't taken the time to get know me or what I liked. He didn't even know what day my birthday was on & that's important to a k'id. 

4 hours ago, Hitchens said:

I haven't forgotten about my k*d's birthday's.

My father would forget about mine. My birthday is in June. Months would go by after the day of. One year he celebrated it in July and the last year that I lived with him he celebrated it in August.  He & his wife would get me a cake, which was okay.. But I didn't care for any of the birthday gifts because it was random junk.  I disliked it because it reflected how much he hadn't taken the time to get know me or what I liked. He didn't even know what day my birthday was on & that's important to a k'id. 

I’m sorry to hear that. Neither of my parents have forgotten my birthday. Sometimes it wasn’t celebrated the exact day of with my dad because since my parents divorced and I always spent every holiday with my mom (including birthdays) and celebrated with my dad’s side another day. I always spent Christmas Day with my mom and Christmas Eve with my dad.

6 minutes ago, Saphire Cotto said:

Yeah Lots of ppl forgot my birthday. f*** birthdays holiday stuff

I honestly think some people are just too self-involved to think about anyone but themselves and that’s why they forget people’s birthdays. My mom never forgets anyone’s birthday, even the people she doesn’t talk to anymore. She always remembers.

• Heart 1

On 12/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, Kaitlind said:

There have been a couple friends that knew it was my birthday but didn't wish me a happy birthday. It only takes 5 seconds to tell someone happy birthday. There's no excuse lol

Someone did that to me this year. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t bother me.

• Heart 2

• Mod
10 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Someone did that to me this year. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t bother me.

Yeah and I understand that people can be busy or they're dealing with their own problems but I don't care how busy or stressed out I am. I will always tell someone I care about happy birthday. That's just me though lol

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Yeah and I understand that people can be busy or they're dealing with their own problems but I don't care how busy or stressed out I am. I will always tell someone I care about happy birthday. That's just me though lol

I get paranoid sometimes and think maybe they don’t care or really like me and that’s the reason, so that’s why it bothers me. 

• Heart 1