Politics And Destruction of Family

Admin

Have you gone through something like this?

Image 002.jpg

There is not a single family member I do not speak to because of politics. It's just politics.

Why do people even bother with this nonsense?

Here is a real reason to stop speaking with a family member: They lie about you to hurt you. That's a real reason - because it shows they don't care about you specifically...

Now... politics? Everyone has a dumb opinion, so WTF?

• Star 2

• Mod

I think it's so dumb to not speak to someone just for having a different opinion. Most of my family are Trump supporters and I still talk to them and love them. There's no reason to start fights and not talk to your family members over politics. That's why I don't even like getting into politics in the first place. It shows you how crazy people are lol.

• Star 1

There was a current topic recently. I was asked if I knew the vaccination can cause aids (because they were just vaccinated), they saw it on a SM site. I told them to stop getting their information off of that site, and to ask their doctor, research it, and an obvious no. Hiv, aids, whatever. Also said, If any needle is used on multiple individuals you may be in trouble, but other than that I can't...I don't understand how this was even a question directed towards me. Needless to say, i again walked into another room to eat my mashed potatoes in peace.

2 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

There was a current topic recently. I was asked if I knew the vaccination can cause aids (because they were just vaccinated), they saw it on a SM site. I told them to stop getting their information off of that site, and to ask their doctor, research it, and an obvious no. Hiv, aids, whatever. Also said, If any needle is used on multiple individuals you may be in trouble, but other than that I can't...I don't understand how this was even a question directed towards me. Needless to say, i again walked into another room to eat my mashed potatoes in peace.

I personally think it’s so silly that people are against this vaccine when they probably got all their shots as k***s.. like, are they against those too? 

• Star 1

9 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

That would be a "no". My mom, her husband, & my siblings identify as Republican. They're against ab***ion, h*mose*uality, & Freedom From Religion. 

My sister’s boyfriend and his family got in a big (like heated) argument last Christmas. I think it was over whether or not the election was stolen. It doesn’t affect their relationship at all though. I don’t handle situations like that well. It gives me anxiety.

Edited by summerlusk

On 11/27/2021 at 8:50 PM, Kaitlind said:

I think it's so dumb to not speak to someone just for having a different opinion. Most of my family are Trump supporters and I still talk to them and love them. There's no reason to start fights and not talk to your family members over politics. That's why I don't even like getting into politics in the first place. It shows you how crazy people are lol.

As a leftie of course I don't agree with Trump's policies, even the democrats are too right wing when it comes to economical issues, they all more or less support the super wealthy, big corporations, banks, Wall Street, Big Pharma, Military Industrial Complex.

I don't live in the US but always had more interest in US politics, don't care much about Belgian politics because for as long as I lived we always had good healthcare, don't spend much money on the military, tax the very rich more, etc. So we have a more fair system imo, far from perfect but when I compare our politics to the US I realize we don't have it that bad.

Have to give Trump one thing, he often made me laugh. It's crazy and absurd someone like that could become president in the first place.

But yeah, it's not worth to fight with people over politics, especially not with family.

• Star 1

2 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

As a leftie of course I don't agree with Trump's policies, even the democrats are too right wing when it comes to economical issues, they all more or less support the super wealthy, big corporations, banks, Wall Street, Big Pharma, Military Industrial Complex.

I don't live in the US but always had more interest in US politics, don't care much about Belgian politics because for as long as I lived we always had good healthcare, don't spend much money on the military, tax the very rich more, etc. So we have a more fair system imo, far from perfect but when I compare our politics to the US I realize we don't have it that bad.

Have to give Trump one thing, he often made me laugh. It's crazy and absurd someone like that could become president in the first place.

But yeah, it's not worth to fight with people over politics, especially not with family.

Well, there is a difference between fighting and debating. If you can do the latter and remain civil, accept to agree to disagree and not hate each other like you’re rivals/enemies, then that’s fine. 

• Star 1

5 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

My sister’s boyfriend and his family got in a big (like heated) argument last Christmas. I think it was over whether or not the election was stolen. It doesn’t affect their relationship at all though. I don’t handle situations like that well. It gives me anxiety.

The thing with politics though is that no one has control over what the government says or does. So it isn't worth fighting about things we have no control over. So two things I just don't talk about around them is religion or politics because I could care less what they believe in. I put up with their bs for years during my ch*ldhood. Now I'm at a point in my life where I don't have to deal with it. 

• Star 1

3 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

The thing with politics though is that no one has control over what the government says or does. So it isn't worth fighting about things we have no control over. So two things I just don't talk about around them is religion or politics because I could care less what they believe in. I put up with their bs for years during my ch*ldhood. Now I'm at a point in my life where I don't have to deal with it. 

Yeah, I think it’s better to not bring it up. Some people just love to b**ch about politics and don’t care if no one wants to hear it, I guess. My grandparents mostly complain about fiscal rather than social issues though.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

Just now, summerlusk said:

Yeah, I think it’s better to not bring it up. Some people just love to b**ch about politics and don’t care if no one wants to hear it, I guess. My grandparents mostly complain about fiscal rather than social issues though.

Some people are just that way and have a narrow mind. They have that "You're either with me or against me" mentality. You might think you're debating with them, but it's not a debate to them. They're not in the debate to see your side of it or your reasons. 

• Star 2