Should America Ban Guns?

Danny Van Hecke

1 hour ago, Admin said:

The most important gun law should be preventing mentally unstable persons to own guns.

Obviously the US hasn't been doing well to prevent crazy people to own guns.

Well, that's not a specific law... but statistics say that nations with more strict gun laws have less gun related deaths.

4 hours ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

The most important gun law should be preventing mentally unstable persons to own guns.

Obviously the US hasn't been doing well to prevent crazy people to own guns.

Well, that's not a specific law... but statistics say that nations with more strict gun laws have less gun related deaths.

Isnt it funny we all have an opinion on this? What the country of hundreds of millions should do to control those hundreds of millions?

Just seems so... out of this world. Like we, in our little lives, will rarely actually be directly impacted by this topic.

We obsess over gun violence and ignore the bigger issues constantly:

Image 003.jpg

Are you trying to get people to stop destroying their lives with excessive unhealthy food consumption? Nah... are people losing their lives 100,000x more to disease than to gun violence? Yeah... but that's ok because we live unhealthy lives, we do it to ourselves right? *shrugs*

Tell that to the parents who stuff their offspring full of diabetes-causing food... more parents are ruining innocent lives than civilian gun violence ever did.

Point: Our priorities are ridiculous.

Update: Just so y'all know, I don't really like guns, but I don't see why people are ignoring much much much more actively lethal issues.

• Star 4

14 hours ago, Admin said:

Isnt it funny we all have an opinion on this? What the country of hundreds of millions should do to control those hundreds of millions?

Just seems so... out of this world. Like we, in our little lives, will rarely actually be directly impacted by this topic.

We obsess over gun violence and ignore the bigger issues constantly:

Image 003.jpg

Are you trying to get people to stop destroying their lives with excessive unhealthy food consumption? Nah... are people losing their lives 100,000x more to disease than to gun violence? Yeah... but that's ok because we live unhealthy lives, we do it to ourselves right? *shrugs*

Tell that to the parents who stuff their offspring full of diabetes-causing food... more parents are ruining innocent lives than civilian gun violence ever did.

Point: Our priorities are ridiculous.

Update: Just so y'all know, I don't really like guns, but I don't see why people are ignoring much much much more actively lethal issues.

I agree with you about priorities and how the bigger issues shouldn’t be ignored, but I think we should address all of it (not meaning we should prioritize gun violence over the others, just that we shouldn’t ignore it or any of the bigger/smaller issues).

6 hours ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

SHOULD America ban guns? Well, I would say so, but that's coming from a non-American who wants guns banned worldwide. But CAN America ban guns? Given how divided the topic is, I really don't think so. It needs to be a very large majority in favour of such laws

That and that it’s also unconstitutional (when you’re talking about outright banning guns). And this is coming from someone that’s never owned or even shot a gun, because I’ve never been interested in guns.

Edited by summerlusk

How would that work in America? This mindset of war on guns, war on d***s (and we have all seen how that has played out), just guess that people will find a way to access or hoard anything that rises the question of elimination.

I personally am fine with responsible gun owners. I was even fine with learning and shooting my first gun at the shooting range. Background checks, classes to take, guidelines for them sure - I wouldn't be opposed to improving the actions in order to obtain them or the number of them you can store safely. If people want something bad enough (especially those wishing to harm), they will find a way, which in my own opinion causes more harm than good.

13 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just the "The constitution protects this, therefore it's right" argument is lame.

The constitution protects mentally ill/dangerous people having weapons, hello?

I wasn’t saying I agree with it. I don’t think dangerous people should have access to guns and think there should be background checks before getting a gun. I said that because I thought he was talking about banning ALL guns for EVERYONE. That’s why I added what I did in the parenthesis of my last post, to clarify.

Edited by summerlusk

On 11/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, Danny Van Hecke said:

Japan has strict gun laws so of course it's safer.

The lack of gun laws in the US is INSANE... of course more people will d*e if it's that easy to buy guns.

You don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

It's simple. Because Americans refuse to have the 2nd Amendment abolished. There are more people who support gun laws then those that would see them gone.

When talk of defunding the police was brought up along with civil unrest. Thousands of Americans went out & bought guns.

I was one of those many Americans.

And by the way. There are laws that prohibit mentally ill from owning a gun. It just doesn't help when they have family members around who leave a loaded gun sitting at their bedside.

And for the record. You'll wish you had a gun when someone breaks into your home wishing to do you or your loved ones bodily harm. If you hate guns now you'll have a change of heart then.

• Star 2

5 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

It's simple. Because Americans refuse to have the 2nd Amendment abolished. There are more people who support gun laws then those that would see them gone.

And this is what I was talking about. He was talking about banning guns, not gun laws. I support background checks and I don’t think that violates the 2nd Amendment.

• Star 1

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Karens are constitutional. Just saying.

This whole topic by OP is a great example of Cancel Culture. 

No. I don't think they should or ever will outlaw guns.

Keep in mind that people in the US don't always use guns when they commit homicide. There would still be m**ders even without the use of guns.

Guns just got a bad rap by the news media as well as social media after school shootings and gang violence.

The media is part of the problem because they give the antagonizing party too much attention. Just look how many documentaries they have on Columbine & Sandy Hook.

And of course someone from the UK should think we ought to give up our gun rights. Those countries have more oppressive laws than the states. 

There's no point in taking away gun rights. It'd cause a civil war. 

2 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

And this is what I was talking about. He was talking about banning guns, not gun laws. I support background checks and I don’t think that violates the 2nd Amendment.

All the US government has to do is raise taxes sky high on ammunition. Then guns are useless because ammunition becomes too expensive. 

Even now the ammo shortage in the US is severe because of gun control activists and BLM. They're not making things better. Their good intentions are raising h**l for everyone.

Because protests now mean Riot, steal, and burn property to the ground. 

So now everyone wants a gun to protect their homes because of those idiots. 

Gun activists and protesters p'issed away whatever argument they had when their wonderful idea of "defund the police" was pitched. Plus the bs protests that lead to rioting and trashing whole communities. 

This only strengthened the 2nd Amendment that much more. 

I refuse to d*e as an unarmed v****m in my home when BLM comes to trash where I live & loot our neighborhoods.

They can **** about gun control.

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Star 2