Ignorance is bliss

summerlusk

2 minutes ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

If you didn't know the N word was offensive towards black people, it wouldn't mean they won't get upset by you calling them that.

Yes, I agree that it’s bad to be ignorant in these circumstances and when there is consequences to your ignorance. 

I feel like in the circumstance where someone in my life was talking s***t about me behind my back, I’d obviously be happier not knowing about it. That doesn’t mean I shouldn’t though.

10 minutes ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

I think I agree with you a lot more when it comes to privacy. Some of my friends think I'm prudish because I don't talk about my se* life publicly. But I just think it's an intimate moment with two people, and without consent from the other person, it's not up to me to share with everyone

Agreed.

9 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I feel like in the circumstance where someone in my life was talking s***t about me behind my back, I’d obviously be happier not knowing about it. That doesn’t mean I shouldn’t though.

That's a major problem I had with long dead friendships. I think that if you don't have anything nice to say about your friend or them about you. Then you shouldn't be friends. That's an enemy pretending to be your friend. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Heart 1

6 minutes ago, bones said:

It can be terribly irresponsible. 

I feel like this is situational.

Yes, I agree with that.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

That's a major problem I had with long dead friendships. I think that if you don't have anything nice to say about your friend or them about you. Then you shouldn't be friends. That's an enemy pretending to be your friend. 

It is, which is why I said that not knowing doesn’t mean you shouldn’t know, even if being unaware saves you from being hurt.