Jump to content

Has God or A Higher-Power Ever Intervened In Your Life?


Admin
 Share

Recommended Posts


  • Mod
6 minutes ago, Admin said:

Have you ever experienced a miracle? Gone through a moment where you should not be alive but somehow are?

I have... but I don't want to talk about it... how about you?

jesus GIF

ONE TIME I long-boarded down a big hill (cause my friend told me not to do it) and, pretty much I lived. BUT I didn't know how to stop. I scrapped the HECK outta my knees cause I flew forward and slid across the pavement .. ;-; I shoulda listened and not gone down the hill... but basically it was a miracle that I didn't get hurt even worse. So.. praise jesus ? idk lol

The end.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McFly said:

ONE TIME I long-boarded down a big hill (cause my friend told me not to do it) and, pretty much I lived. BUT I didn't know how to stop. I scrapped the HECK outta my knees cause I flew forward and slid across the pavement .. ;-; I shoulda listened and not gone down the hill... but basically it was a miracle that I didn't get hurt even worse. So.. praise jesus ? idk lol

The end.

Gotta do that ninja roll bro!
attack ninja GIF

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mod

I've told this story before on here but I'll tell it again for this question. One day it was raining and I slipped on some wet grass and landed on the ground beside something metal that was sticking up from the ground. I'm sure it would have impaled me if I landed on it. God was like, "Not today!" 😝

There was another time where I was riding in the car with my dad, step mom, and sister on a trip and it was night time. Somehow he was driving on the wrong side of the road and we had no idea. I think a car flashed their lights at us to let him know and that's how he found out he was on the wrong side. Thankfully there were no other cars coming our way during that time so perhaps God intervened there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

There was another time where I was riding in the car with my dad, step mom, and sister on a trip and it was night time. Somehow he was driving on the wrong side of the road and we had no idea. I think a car flashed their lights at us to let him know and that's how he found out he was on the wrong side. Thankfully there were no other cars coming our way during that time so perhaps God intervened there.

Reminds me of what happens when normal people drive in Austin, TX. Crazy roads.

  • Heart 1
  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Admin said:

Have you ever experienced a miracle? 

Yes Miracles!!! I can make parts of my body grow. Then I start screaming “Oh God, Oh God, Oh God,” and then I soil myself. It’s a f'ucking miracle.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  HA! 🤣

 

10 hours ago, Admin said:

 Gone through a moment where you should not be alive but somehow are?

A fun watch and it does a good job dealing with “miracles”. The good stuff begins at 10:00

 

10 hours ago, Admin said:

I have... but I don't want to talk about it... how about you?

I fell asleep at the wheel while I was driving on the highway and there was no traffic. I lived. But it's understandable that wasn't a miracle. 

Miracles are by-and-large the welcome results of things we may not yet understand. So I would say that miracles are in the superstitious / supernatural category. In other words, the god of gaps: "I don't know why that happened therefor God did it."

9 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

Thankfully there were no other cars coming our way during that time so perhaps God intervened there.

I'm glad you and your family didn't get hurt.

Do I think it was a miracle? No.

Do I think me surviving falling asleep behind the wheel on highway out in the middle of no where and not wrecking was a miracle? No. Not at all. 

 

My personal thoughts about miracles. If they existed like any other superstitious fantasy that religious people make up. 

I think a miracle would be more and more religious people turning towards Atheism everyday. It'd be a big step in the right direction for humanity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mod
3 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Yes Miracles!!! I can make parts of my body grow. Then I start screaming “Oh God, Oh God, Oh God,” and then I soil myself. It’s a f'ucking miracle.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  HA! 🤣

 

A fun watch and it does a good job dealing with “miracles”. The good stuff begins at 10:00

 

I fell asleep at the wheel while I was driving on the highway and there was no traffic. I lived. But it's understandable that wasn't a miracle. 

Miracles are by-and-large the welcome results of things we may not yet understand. So I would say that miracles are in the superstitious / supernatural category. In other words, the god of gaps: "I don't know why that happened therefor God did it."

I'm glad you and your family didn't get hurt.

Do I think it was a miracle? No.

Do I think me surviving falling asleep behind the wheel on highway out in the middle of no where and not wrecking was a miracle? No. Not at all. 

 

My personal thoughts about miracles. If they existed like any other superstitious fantasy that religious people make up. 

I think a miracle would be more and more religious people turning towards Atheism everyday. It'd be a big step in the right direction for humanity. 

It may or may not have been a miracle. Maybe we just got lucky that there were no cars coming but as a religious person, I believe it's possible that we were being protected and I believe that miracles happen. Like if someone almost dies from Covid but then they suddenly make a recovery. That's a miracle to me 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

If miracles exist, which I’m not saying they don’t.. I don’t know, but why does God intervene with some and not others? That doesn’t seem fair to me.

A lot of miracles are scams  performed by people trying to get attention & money from religious idiots. Like with faith healers. They pick someone out of the crowd who plays along and pretends to be disabled. Then they do their scam in front of the crowd and they feed on the money from the superstitious. 

Remember John of God? 

He was a fraud and he ab**ed women. He was in it for the money. 

 

 

 

  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mod
41 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

If miracles exist, which I’m not saying they don’t.. I don’t know, but why does God intervene with some and not others? That doesn’t seem fair to me.

I've wondered this before too and didn't understand, but this explains it pretty well.

PdfPageImage.00005217-200508000-00015.0.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

A lot of miracles are scams  performed by people trying to get attention & money from religious idiots. Like with faith healers. They pick someone out of the crowd who plays along and pretends to be disabled. Then they do their scam in front of the crowd and they feed on the money from the superstitious. 

Remember John of God? 

He was a fraud and he ab**ed women. He was in it for the money. 

 

 

 

Yeah there are scams out there. There's a commercial where people are saying after getting a packet of "miracle water" they received a bunch of money. That's obviously a scam because you're not going to get rich from ordering a packet of water off a commercial lol

  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I've wondered this before too and didn't understand, but this explains it pretty well.

PdfPageImage.00005217-200508000-00015.0.jpeg

Allah said something similar in the Quran. Now apply this bulls***t to every superstitious religion in the world. 

Quote

For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him: They guard him by command of Allah. Allah does not change a people's lot unless they change what is in their hearts. But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him, any to protect.

image.thumb.png.7259e5a2ae5514898dc7bbd84d29c977.png

The Hindu's have protection mantras from their imaginary friend, Shiva out of the Vedas.

Quote

Meaning of the Prayer Mantra:


 Human invoke Indra (the Resplendent Lord) in the struggles;
They devoutly sing His protection;
The Valiant, Who enfolds men, by Your authority 
place us in possession of pastures abounding with cattles

 

 Notes: 


1. nEmadhitA - apart; havante - call; shUra - heroic; nRushAtA - capturing men

2. Essence of the Vedas is seeking the four Purusharthas - namely,
Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. 

This hymn seeks the Artha or wealth and protection from the Divine.

 

Men in different countries dreamed up their own religion. People were very gullible and susceptible to peer pressure when it came to law and society. If you didn't believe in their gods, you were ostracized and executed. Same principle applies to Christianity as it was founded by the Roman Empire in 325 AD. Written and commissioned under The First Council of Nicaea in Ancient Turkey. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Yeah there are scams out there. There's a commercial where people are saying after getting a packet of "miracle water" they received a bunch of money. That's obviously a scam because you're not going to get rich from ordering a packet of water off a commercial lol

There are people that believe it and the scammers know it, so they take advantage of those gullible people so they can make money. No morals. I think it’s so sad.

Edited by summerlusk
  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

There are people that believe it and the scammers know it, so they take advantage of those gullible people so they can make money. No morals. I think it’s so sad.

Because they know those people don't doubt their beliefs. 

Quote

Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.

When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.

Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." - (Matthew 21:18–22)

 

Funny. Anyone who worships Jesus, can perform miracles and do magic tricks. No hard evidence of this has ever been demonstrated in history ever. Anytime me or the Atheists at AR ask a Christian who claims they have imaginary evidence. Has never performed miracles or thrown a mountain in the sea. 

Quote

Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I am doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. - John 14:12

 

I have concluded due to lack of evidence that gods, Jesus, the Bible, and miracles are works of fiction. Until objective evidence is presented. I remain immovable and continue to be a proud Atheist. 

If you're Christian. Jesus says you can drink snake venom. Do you have enough faith in this imaginary and fictional character to pull that off? 🤣

Quote

They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.” Mark 16:18

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, at first I couldn’t think of anything. I’m not saying it was a miracle or not. But I remembered something that happened over a decade ago, but it didn’t happen to me. My family and I (dad, sister, and his gf) were driving to Laughlin with my sister’s best friend, her dad, and his wife. We were in two separate cars and my best friend was driving the car I wasn’t in with my sister and her family. They ALMOST got into an accident on the freeway and my dad’s girlfriend witnessed it happen. She started freaking out. They ended up pulling to the side of the road before anything happened. No one was injured and there was no accident. 

Edited by summerlusk
  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mod
1 hour ago, summerlusk said:

There are people that believe it and the scammers know it, so they take advantage of those gullible people so they can make money. No morals. I think it’s so sad.

Yep, I feel sorry for the people that fall for those scams and those christians who scam people aren't true christians. They're using God to make money. Smh...

  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Sheila said:

This is a subject that is hard. I was  brought up in the Roman Catholic church. Christians, there are so many different sectors of it.

My mom was Baptist and to me when Christians start in on their superstitions. It's all crazy talk to me. 

50 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Some people believe in Odin, some Zeus 

 To an Atheist, any and all deities are a "lefty's catcher mitt".

50 minutes ago, Sheila said:

I have never seen a miracle, I hope there are. 

To me a miracle is a superstition. I will never label any even in my life as a miracle. Even though I've survived a few incidents when I probably shouldn't have. Those are events where I'm not crediting a deity via "god of gaps". 

52 minutes ago, Sheila said:

I do believe in Karma 

I don't because it's a superstitious claim. And for personal reasons being that because currently there's two people in my life that get away with everything. One of them had someone m**dered and openly bragged about it to her family and another one just keeps on reaping the rewards & should have been sued a long time ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...