Jump to content

Things You DO NOT Want To Hear This Holiday Season


Admin
 Share

Recommended Posts

You’re at a holiday party… what do you NOT want to hear anyone say that you think people WILL say this year.

I’ll start: “You know what I think about Joe Biden?”

and…

”You know they got microchips in those vaccines!”

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I don’t want to hear about politics at all, but I know my grandpa will bring them up because he always does lol 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also not looking forward to hearing what known anti-vaxxers in my family have to say about that vaccine, but it’s also doubtful it won’t get brought up.. it won’t be brought up by me though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Politics, anti-vaccine BS (although no one in my family is anti-vaxx), and drama people have with other people.

There’s only one anti-vaxxer I have to see and I can’t stand him.. he’s my age and he acts like a boomer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mod
18 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Last year he said some really ignorant things about COVID and it bothered me. I didn’t say anything back though, I just bit my tongue because I didn’t want to start a fight or anything like that.

I would be the same way. Just let those people believe what they want. There's no point in arguing.

 

  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Admin said:

You’re at a holiday party… what do you NOT want to hear anyone say that you think people WILL say this year.

I don't want to go to my mother's house because they'll force me to pray to their imaginary god at dinner. They all know I don't believe in that bulls'hit but they don't care. Then I get to listen to them praise and joke around with my brother whom I hate and cannot stand to be around. I just feel like I go to their house only to have my nose rubbed into a lot of sh'it I don't want to see or hear.  I'm not thankful that I have younger siblings. I really wish my mom would have miscarried. That would have been wonderful. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I don't want to go to my mother's house because they'll force me to pray to their imaginary god at dinner. They all know I don't believe in that bulls'hit but they don't care. Then I get to listen to them praise and joke around with my brother whom I hate and cannot stand to be around. I just feel like I go to their house only to have my nose rubbed into a lot of sh'it I don't want to see or hear.  I'm not thankful that I have younger siblings. I really wish my mom would have miscarried. That would have been wonderful. 

Wh- wow. lol..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, summerlusk said:

Wh- wow. lol..

Which is why I go to other people's houses for Thanksgiving instead. I love some of my family members. But I just need a break from them. I don't like dealing with sibling favoritism, listening to my brother's dumb jokes or him giving me a day pass and just being nice 2 holidays out of the year (which makes him awkward to be around), the small talk, & everyone just sitting around for it be over. And my mom b**ches that she gets stuck with everyone's dirty dishes. So I try to help and it's just me and her washing and drying. 

It's just not fun.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Which is why I go to other people's houses for Thanksgiving instead. I love some of my family members. But I just need a break from them. I don't like dealing with sibling favoritism, listening to my brother's dumb jokes or him giving me a day pass and just being nice 2 holidays out of the year (which makes him awkward to be around), the small talk, & everyone just sitting around for it be over. And my mom b**ches that she gets stuck with everyone's dirty dishes. So I try to help and it's just me and her washing and drying. 

It's just not fun.  

I get it. So I’m guessing you won’t be seeing them this year? lol

My dad’s girlfriend and my uncle hate each other. For a while she stopped coming for the holidays because I think my uncle refused to be around her. It kind of made my dad and grandma feel bad for her. As if my uncle was being selfish or something. I don’t know. Eventually she starting coming again and they kind of just ignore each other. He’s usually just conversing with me, my sister, and his k***s or watching a movie with them while she is in another room like the kitchen helping with the dishes or something. There’s never any arguments or fights, so that’s good at least.. lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

"Happy Easter!" I don't wanna be hearing that, too soon man, too soon

You could always accuse them of worshipping the pagan deity Ostara as it was her holiday that Christians stole and assimilated into their pantheon. 😉

Edited by Mr.Dawn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I'll most likely be avoiding political talk. It's a hot fart of a topic that one can only dodge by going into another room. I just want to talk about the people I'm thankful for, happier memories, stuff like that. Perhaps it's me sometimes, but I know it's shared. I just don't like the conflict. 

Exactly. Especially with family members. When it gets brought up, I won’t say anything but I’m still forced to listen to it and it can be like torture depending on what they’re saying. 

Though maybe if I agreed with the person and shared their views, I wouldn’t mind the political talk.

Edited by summerlusk
  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...