Gen Z vs Millennials

summerlusk

What do you think the biggest differences between Gen Z and Millennials are? Do you think they will clash in the future like boomers do with millennials? Also, which generation are you a part of (millennial, gen x, gen z, boomer?) and which one do you relate to the most (regardless of which one you’re technically a part of)?

• Star 1

• Elites

I have many reasons for the differences between Gen Z and Millenials but I sound too political when I go too deep into it. 

I am a Millenial, and I definitely fit into that category. I would not like to be growing up with the social media platforms out there now, and the vast amount of bullying that takes place from such a young age. Although, I had Myspace and Facebook - h**l, I even had Xanga. But it was all personalized and had my music always playing in the background. I felt more like a creator than displaying my “great life” on social media for my “friends” to see or approve of. I also was forced to learn code to even have a Xanga, Myspace- it’s just a bigger difference. Culturally I suppose?

Also, I went outside, had pool parties, house parties, woods parties, and cancel culture did not exist. 

• Heart 2

• Mod

I'm a millennial and honestly Gen Z gets on my nerves lol. Not all of them, but most of Gen Z is annoying when it comes to wanting to cancel people, shows, etc. I feel like millennials can take jokes and laugh at dark humor but Gen Z takes things way too seriously. I mean I'm glad the younger generation is trying to make the world a better place and takes certain situations seriously which everyone should do but when it comes to mistakes someone made in the past or joking about anything, it's like they must cancel that person. Again I know not all of Gen Z is like this, but I've seen a majority of them behave this way online. I'm sure boomers find millennials annoying for their own reasons too lol.

• Star 2

All the millennials I have known have been extremely depressed and pessimistic about life. I think Gen z is self-absorbed but because of that we believe that we can actually change the world. What I like about gen z is we’re smart as f*** like we may be doing stupid s***t like dances on TikTok and shoving slime up our noses but we have the worlds knowledge at our fingertips and we definitely use it, that’s what I’ve seen in my circles. We may be rotting our brains full of bulls***t but we’re also young business owners artist we promote mental health and physical fitness. I also think we’re so obsessed with phones and TickTock and all this crap because we’re depressed and these things give us serotonin and stimulation. We all have f***ing ADHD and anxiety and we use it to make us feel good. I think the year was 1996 when millennial stops and gen z begins so I’m on the cusp. I can’t wait to see what happens. We are also super accepting  and our predecessors are as well in the age of information and won’t have to Heal from as much trauma as millennials. People are accepting of being gay we care less about gender roles and societal expectations. Growing up with technology in our hands since were babies is definitely tox*c but we’re the first generation to have that accessibility as k***s. I really believe that will affect us on how we grow into adults and function as adults✨

✨perspective of a gen z✨

• Heart 1

• Elites
5 hours ago, Saphire Cotto said:

All the millennials I have known have been extremely depressed and pessimistic about life. I think Gen z is self-absorbed but because of that we believe that we can actually change the world. What I like about gen z is we’re smart as f*** like we may be doing stupid s***t like dances on TikTok and shoving slime up our noses but we have the worlds knowledge at our fingertips and we definitely use it, that’s what I’ve seen in my circles. We may be rotting our brains full of bulls***t but we’re also young business owners artist we promote mental health and physical fitness. I also think we’re so obsessed with phones and TickTock and all this crap because we’re depressed and these things give us serotonin and stimulation. We all have f***ing ADHD and anxiety and we use it to make us feel good. I think the year was 1996 when millennial stops and gen z begins so I’m on the cusp. I can’t wait to see what happens. We are also super accepting  and our predecessors are as well in the age of information and won’t have to Heal from as much trauma as millennials. People are accepting of being gay we care less about gender roles and societal expectations. Growing up with technology in our hands since were babies is definitely tox*c but we’re the first generation to have that accessibility as k***s. I really believe that will affect us on how we grow into adults and function as adults✨

✨perspective of a gen z✨

I am also 1996. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I looked it up @bones gen z started in 1997  im 98 actually. You just made the cut for millennial. I’ve heard the term “zllennial” for people born around the shift. We have our own traits apparently. I would say that makes sense but I haven’t looked into. The oldest millennial is 40 and the youngest gen z is 9. Crazy to think about. 

• Star 2

2 minutes ago, Saphire Cotto said:

Litterally the older generations always feel this way. For ever and alway. I don’t want to become the “back in my day” or “k***s these days” guy 

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t want to become that generation that hates on younger generations or them hating on mine.. like we make fun of boomers, lol.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t want to become that generation that hates on younger generations or them hating on mine.. like we make fun of boomers, lol.

Exactly to resist is stupid. If you can’t beat them atleast accept them XD 

• Star 1

On 11/24/2021 at 2:44 AM, Admin said:

Gen Z is the fake #MeToo, Zen zed gender, Trump reign, outrage/cancel culture generation…

So they are f*cking lame… a bit.

Do you assume every single gen z person is this way?

On 11/24/2021 at 11:55 AM, summerlusk said:

Zen zed gender? What is that? lol (millennial here, btw)

Born between 1997-2012 (gen z) 

• Star 1