Envy and Jealousy

summerlusk

• Mod

Yep... I'll get jealous if a guy I like starts dating someone else. I also get jealous if I feel like someone I like or a friend is giving more attention to someone else. For example my sister and I had the same best friend and our friend always seemed to text or talk to my sister more and I would feel jealous or left out. Idk why I'm like this lol.

• Star 1

16 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Yep... I'll get jealous if a guy I like starts dating someone else. I also get jealous if I feel like someone I like or a friend is giving more attention to someone else. For example my sister and I had the same best friend and our friend always seemed to text or talk to my sister more and I would feel jealous or left out. Idk why I'm like this lol.

I know what you mean. My sister has more friends than I do because she’s extremely extroverted and I’m not. So she gets more attention on social media because she has more friends.

• Heart 1

• Elites

I feel envy when I am doing something, someone else does the same thing and they get recognition for it. Its stupid though because I never say anything about if first to get noticed. What's worse is if I did get recognition for it I would be anxious and embarrassed about. it. WTF is wrong with me? LOL I never let it show though. These are just the occasional internal wars I have with myself. 🙄

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I think it's probably because your friend identified more with your sister. 

I get how you feel. People say that I'm not very approachable or appealing. 

But my brother is to a lot of people until they see that he's an a'ss bag.

• Star 1

• Mod
10 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I think it's probably because your friend identified more with your sister. 

I get how you feel. People say that I'm not very approachable or appealing. 

But my brother is to a lot of people until they see that he's an a'ss bag.

Yeah, they were closer in age lol. It still made me feel left out though.

• Heart 1

I believe feel like I become envious when I try to do something that someone else has a natural talent at. I don't feel angry with them though, it's like an internal bullying of myself, if that makes sense? I don't know. So it's like I'm still going to keep practicing and practicing, even though that or those other people only need one shot at whatever it is. 😕 But it is that feeling?

• Heart 1

• Elites
18 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

I believe feel like I become envious when I try to do something that someone else has a natural talent at. I don't feel angry with them though, it's like an internal bullying of myself, if that makes sense? I don't know. So it's like I'm still going to keep practicing and practicing, even though that or those other people only need one shot at whatever it is. 😕 But it is that feeling?

brittniisundae, I think that is a normal feeling. I used to sing a lot. Many of my friends say I have a beautiful voice. My niece, however has now capitalized on the singing and as I was replaced by her in the talent department I did feel jealous. NEVER angry or hateful, but a little jealous. Like me when I was her age, she is a natural, however as we age, our voice tends to change, and so had mine. I can still sing, however I cannot hit the notes I used to. I cannot sing the high pitched notes anymore but I can still jam just  not to the same songs lol. My jealousy has since turned into pride and I like to think I inspired her to want to sing. 

• Star 1