A time you stood up for yourself or someone else

summerlusk

• Mod

At a job I worked at, sometimes if we wanted to be off on certain days we had to ask a coworker to switch days with us where we would fill out a form where they would agree to work during the days we would be off and we would work the other days for them. Well somebody filled one of those forms out without asking me and I think it was going to be during a holiday where they wrote down that I would work for them on that holiday but I never even agreed to it. So since I don't like confrontation, instead of going to them about it I just told my boss and she handled it. If I was as shy as I used to be, I probably wouldn't have said anything but it really made me mad so I took it to the boss lol. I think my coworker apologized afterwards.

14 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

At a job I worked at, sometimes if we wanted to be off on certain days we had to ask a coworker to switch days with us where we would fill out a form where they would agree to work during the days we would be off and we would work the other days for them. Well somebody filled one of those forms out without asking me and I think it was going to be during a holiday where they wrote down that I would work for them on that holiday but I never even agreed to it. So since I don't like confrontation, instead of going to them about it I just told my boss and she handled it. If I was as shy as I used to be, I probably wouldn't have said anything but it really made me mad so I took it to the boss lol. I think my coworker apologized afterwards.

I know what you mean about confrontation. I usually don’t confront people, but anytime I decide to, it doesn’t go well and I regret it. Maybe it really is better to keep to yourself and not say anything.. idk. It just makes things worse sometimes. 

• Star 1

• Mod
3 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I know what you mean about confrontation. I usually don’t confront people, but anytime I decide to, it doesn’t go well and I regret it. Maybe it really is better to keep to yourself and not say anything.. idk. It just makes things worse sometimes. 

Yeah. Unless someone is physically bothering or bullying someone in front of me, I won't confront them. I've never been in a situation like that before anyway but I feel like I would say or do something if someone's bothering someone I care about.

• Star 1

3 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Yeah. Unless someone is physically bothering or bullying someone in front of me, I won't confront them. I've never been in a situation like that before anyway but I feel like I would say or do something if someone's bothering someone I care about.

I actually was in a situation when I was in middle school and being bullied. Like you, I didn’t stand up to the person that was bullying me though, instead I went to the counselor or principal (I can’t remember which, some kind of authority at school though). 

• Mod
1 minute ago, summerlusk said:

I actually was in a situation when I was in middle school and being bullied. Like you, I didn’t stand up to the person that was bullying me though, instead I went to the counselor or principal (I can’t remember which, some kind of authority at school though). 

I hope they did something about it or the person bullying you got in trouble or got suspended.

• Star 1

10 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I hope they did something about it or the person bullying you got in trouble or got suspended.

I can’t remember exactly what happened, except that it stopped after that and my teacher personally told me she was proud of me for doing that. So yeah, it worked.

• Heart 1