what do you think people should be less afraid of?

bones

1 hour ago, bones said:

I want one personally.

They don't cost much. Tliltocatl albopilosus, curly haired tarantulas, run about 30 dollars.

Avicularia, pink toed tarantulas that are tree spiders that are from the Caribbean, cost about 40 dollars. They don't sleep in a log, they like to climb up high and sit in a corner on the tank. So it's good to use extra dirt in case they fall. 

It normally runs about 100 bucks total for a nice set up. Don't put a sponge in their water dish. That'll make them sick. I've seen my T's drink from their water dish without and they have no trouble drinking. Just make sure you change their water every few days.

As for food. They don't eat a lot. They eat maybe 3 crickets once a week to 2 weeks. If they're in pre molt, they will go without eating for months. Best pet ever. 

But if you're wanting the luxurious kinds like Mexican Red Knee and the Black Brazilian T, they tend to run a lot higher. 

And always get a female, they live up to 15 to 20 years if they don't develop any health issues. Males live less than 7 as their whole purpose is for breeding. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kaitlind said:

I think people should be less afraid of getting the Covid vaccine. 

I think that's mostly made up of anti-vaxxers and them spreading misinformation and fear to people whom are gullible and easily persuaded. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

4 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Going to the doctor and getting surgery when it’s needed. A lot of people end up d***g because they put off going to the doctor out of fear or not getting  surgeries they need because they’re scared. 😕

I'm terrified of getting a vasectomy just because they have to jamb a needle into each ball. I hear it hurts like a motherf'ucker.

• Heart 1

People should be less afraid of Death itself. Western culture has erroneously placed too much censorship when it comes to the portrayal of death and attaching negative connotations to it. It is an inevitability that we all will face, it is the ultimate equalizer that does not discriminate. To nurture a fear and aversion of death in our youths today will negatively affect their quality of life and mental health when they are nearing the end of their lives.

Accept death, respect it and know that through it, you are freed of further suffering and fear.

• Heart 1