is there anything you hate being labeled as?

bones

37 minutes ago, bones said:

is there any label you dislike greatly?

I lived with my father in Arkansas for 3 years. I moved in with him when I was 12. None of the k'ids at the middle school liked me. In fact I was bullied. Someone started a  rumor that I was gay. So I spent my entire 3 years with my father being called "gay" &  being called "f a g g o t". Which I found very offensive and hurtful.  I was actually bi-curious when I was younger & I never told anyone. However I lost the interest and the urge to explore that area of my s'exuality so very long  ago. Because I've always been with women.

• Heart 1

• Elites
31 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I lived with my father in Arkansas for 3 years. I moved in with him when I was 12. None of the k'ids at the middle school liked me. In fact I was bullied. Someone started a  rumor that I was gay. So I spent my entire 3 years with my father being called "gay" &  being called "f a g g o t". Which I found very offensive and hurtful.  I was actually bi-curious when I was younger & I never told anyone. However I lost the interest and the urge to explore that area of my s'exuality so very long  ago. Because I've always been with women.

That seems so awful and far-fetched to me. You have such a way with words and you don’t come off (even in the slightest) as gay to me. I hate ignorance. 

14 minutes ago, Saphire Cotto said:

I hate being labeled a crazy person. I’m not deranged or trying to cause people harm. I have no filter over myself like a lot of people who judge me do. 

I feel this the most. 

I am often labeled as crazy even by people who know nothing but what they hear about me. 

I often hear I am also intimidating, and terrifying.

• Heart 2

• Elites
15 hours ago, Saphire Cotto said:

I’ve heard that about me too! Some of my best friend told me they were intimidated by me when they met me and im like wtf 

Yes story of my life.

15 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I don't like being labeled as quiet, even though I am a quiet/shy person. I just don't like someone telling me I'm quiet or them telling someone else that I'm quiet because I wish I wasn't that way.

I've heard this from many of my introverted or just plain shy friends.

My ex-fiancé was the shyest man I've ever known. And that bothered him very much, almost as if people were pointing out the obvious- as if he doesn't already know.

Almost like pressure/bullying into "you should talk more".

• Heart 1

• Elites
On 11/19/2021 at 8:41 AM, bones said:

Yes story of my life.

I've heard this from many of my introverted or just plain shy friends.

My ex-fiancé was the shyest man I've ever known. And that bothered him very much, almost as if people were pointing out the obvious- as if he doesn't already know.

Almost like pressure/bullying into "you should talk more".

Yeah, it has the same energy as, "You would be prettier if you smiled more!"

I hate how labels can follow other labels. "Oh, you voted for them? You must be this and this and this..." "You listen to that band? You also like these things and those things!" People love fitting in so much they want you to join them in conforming to a mold. I've never been comfortable with being part of a group because of this, and my enjoyment of music ends at listening to it; I don't care to follow the band's personal lives or fanboy over them.

• Star 1

• Elites
24 minutes ago, BlakouttheMM said:

Yeah, it has the same energy as, "You would be prettier if you smiled more!"

I hate how labels can follow other labels. "Oh, you voted for them? You must be this and this and this..." "You listen to that band? You also like these things and those things!" People love fitting in so much they want you to join them in conforming to a mold. I've never been comfortable with being part of a group because of this, and my enjoyment of music ends at listening to it; I don't care to follow the band's personal lives or fanboy over them.

Couldn’t have said it better. 

• Elites
2 minutes ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

How can someone come across as gay through text?

I don't like when people assume I hate the UK jut because I chose to move away

Well, I’ve read numerous posts by @Mr.Dawn and his interest in women, that would be the only context I have. 

Other than that, I guess I’d never know besides what I have taken from the numerous posts I’ve followed 😌

Some people say they ‘can just tell’ I’m bise*ual, and I never know how.