Theft from a friend.

I asked my friend if she’s seen a 20$ bill I lost in my house when she was over. She said yes she found one on the floor and she thought It could be mine but didn’t say anything. Then I asked her to give it to me when I see her. Thennn she retracted it all saying she lost 20$ and just remember it’s hers 😭. I think she’s lying and just wants to keep my 20$. So yeah I haven’t responded but sure how to react. 

6 hours ago, Saphire Cotto said:

I asked my friend if she’s seen a 20$ bill I lost in my house when she was over. She said yes she found one on the floor and she thought It could be mine but didn’t say anything. Then I asked her to give it to me when I see her. Thennn she retracted it all saying she lost 20$ and just remember it’s hers 😭. I think she’s lying and just wants to keep my 20$. So yeah I haven’t responded but sure how to react. 

That's very disrespectful. She came into your home, found money in the floor that was yours and took it. Worse she lied about it. Sounds like a bridge I would burn. No doubt about it. 

Do yourself a favor. Try to get your money back & get yourself a new friend. Friends don't rip each other off. If she feels like she can steal from you, she's obviously doesn't respect you, and either doesn't comprehend what a friendship is, or she does comprehend what a friendship is and just doesn't care about your feelings. Either way. You need to put a stop to it while you still can and move on. 

• Heart 2

48 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Another example of why I don’t trust anyone.

How did you lose the $20? How do you know she didn’t just take it out of your wallet? 

Good point it was in my wallet but I assumed I dropped it some point in the day. But she could have. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

That's very disrespectful. She came into your home, found money in the floor that was yours and took it. Worse she lied about it. Sounds like a bridge I would burn. No doubt about it. 

Do yourself a favor. Try to get your money back & get yourself a new friend. Friends don't rip each other off. If she feels like she can steal from you, she's obviously doesn't respect you, and either doesn't comprehend what a friendship is, or she does comprehend what a friendship is and just doesn't care about your feelings. Either way. You need to put a stop to it while you still can and move on. 

It was super disrespectful 😓. I think I’ll let her keep the 20$ it was so important to her in the first place they’ll be happy together XD. She’s super broke and I guess also desperate to feed her smoking habit 🙄 so I’m not so shocked right now unfortunately. 

10 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I mean it's already suspicious that when she found it, she didn't tell you. Sounds like she stole it pretty much. I would confront her about it and say that you know that money is yours and it belongs to you.

I agree, I feel so inconvenienced by this now I have to have uncomfortable conversations cause she’s a b word. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Saphire Cotto said:

It was super disrespectful 😓. I think I’ll let her keep the 20$ it was so important to her in the first place they’ll be happy together XD. She’s super broke and I guess also desperate to feed her smoking habit 🙄 so I’m not so shocked right now unfortunately. 

You're not surprised. So this has happened before?

It's not a good way for her to build trust with you. I think had she asked you when she found it. I'm sure you would have let her have the money. But now this incident is probably causing you to have doubts about your friendship with her. 

17 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

You're not surprised. So this has happened before?

I thought she seemed desperate for money and to feed her habit.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I'm sure you would have let her have the money. But now this incident is probably causing you to have doubts about your friendship with her. 

I’ve given her money before maybe she didn’t want to have to ask. I have nothing but doubts. 

Just now, Saphire Cotto said:

I thought she seemed desperate for money and to feed her habit.

If you want to & no one is saying you have to do this. But you could sit down  and  calmly try to get her to open up about some of her financial issues & problems. When she opens up, you could tell her how this whole thing has made you feel. It wouldn't hurt. It's okay to share your feelings and sit down and talk things over together. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Dawn said:

If you want to & no one is saying you have to do this. But you could sit down  and  calmly try to get her to open up about some of her financial issues & problems. When she opens up, you could tell her how this whole thing has made you feel. It wouldn't hurt. It's okay to share your feelings and sit down and talk things over together. 

I think that’s the right thing to do. I have to. I’m just trying to connect with people and make memories man. We’ll I’ll definitely update 

• Heart 1