Kyle Rittenhouse

summerlusk

They got it on camera and drone footage from different angles, if you watch the images it's clearly self-defense, there's no way he'll be found guilty.

In that state he was also allowed to have the gun.

Was it smart for him to be there? Of course not, but taking stupid risks isn't i**egal.

In the first shooting he got chased by someone who just came out of a mental hospital, not gonna show video of that because some people might not like seeing getting some shot to dead.

This is later after he got chased down by several people and shot someone in the arm. 

• Elites

Looks like a pretty clearcut case of self-defense to me. Van Hecke described it best above - taking stupid risks isn't i**egal, and we don't make smart decisions at 17. I think of the classic play 12 Angry Men in cases like these, too. Should a young person have their life ruined by one bad decision? Our justice system is so harsh, that I say no.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites

To be honest I think the media has a hand in blurring the vision of many. I have seen channels omit certain parts of the trial to make one side look worse than the other. I found a video on YouTube that calmly and without bias explains the entire situation. I try to stay away from news channels that lie to me. I try to get an opinion from both sides whether I agree with them or not. The fact that everyone was in the wrong place at the wrong time was not on trial. What is on trial is whether the boy had the right to defend himself and to be honest I don't like violence, however if knew that people were coming at me to physically harm me, there is no doubt that I would do what it took to make sure I wasn’t going to get pounded to death and that could mean causing physical bodily harm to someone else. If you watch the trial, you will see that although he did not belong there he was trying to help. He did not go there to fight. And the news media calling this k*d a vigilante is so wrong. An example of a vigilante is a person who makes it his mission to end m**derers. He was not looking to end anyone. In addition, he more than likely carried a weapon thinking people would leave him alone if they saw it. He was putting out fires and administering first aid to people. A vigilante is not going to do that. In addition, many people never realized that those involved mostly if not all were white. The media tried to spin this as if it was racially motivated. That is another thing that is so wrong because it just causes more division to our society.

https://youtu.be/Zx65hFXha48

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites
58 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Saw the verdict live, his reaction after the "not guilty" touched me.

I'm a leftie, but justice is more important than political games.

Danny, that is the most intelligent way to look at this. This is way bigger than politics.  His reaction touched me as well. He must have been so scared. We have to remember that in the end he is a k*d who was faced with spit second decisions with his own life at stake. I don't think anyone can honestly say that they would have handled this situation the way the defense said he should. Its like when we see something terrifying in a movie and we always have that one friend who says "Well I would have handled things this way...." and we all know what we are thinking when that person says that...BS. 

• Star 1

I believe that regardless of his guilt or innocence, the situation brings gun laws into question a lot more. If he didn't have a gun, I don't think he would have gone there that night, and those people would not have been shot.

But on the other hand, I'm British, I don't think my argument in regards to gun laws should be of any consequence to Americans

• Star 1

4 hours ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Good. Those a'ssholes got what they deserved. I'm glad he got off. 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:14 PM, brittniisundae said:

Guilty. & So is his mother. Just saying. 

That was harsh. 😯

• Star 2

On 11/16/2021 at 10:48 AM, summerlusk said:

Do you think he’s guilty or it was self-defense? I’m seeing different opinions all over the internet and I’m wondering what people here think because I’m curious about everyone’s opinion.

He was found not guilty still think he got away with m**der. 

• Blank 1
  • Star 1

10 hours ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

I believe that regardless of his guilt or innocence, the situation brings gun laws into question a lot more. If he didn't have a gun, I don't think he would have gone there that night, and those people would not have been shot.

But on the other hand, I'm British, I don't think my argument in regards to gun laws should be of any consequence to Americans

True. Everyone knows what happened. He shot and ki**ed two people. It’s on tape. Not everyone is agreeing that it was justified self-defense. You have a point though about him not having a gun, that he probably wouldn’t have gone there in the first place if he didn’t have it.

• Star 1

On 11/20/2021 at 1:15 AM, Sheila said:

He was found not guilty still think he got away with m**der. 

You call this m**der?

You do know he was down there helping the police with the protest?   Here's the video. It's clear it was self defense. It's not m**der if you end them when they're a**acking you and based that he was there to help the police quall a riot. 

He was running to get away when they were a**acking him. If you watch the video, he was running towards the police cars. His a**ackers knocked him to the ground. He shot one and that one ran off, the other collapsed & died. AND he shot them as a  last resort. Then he walked backwards so they wouldn't pursue.  That's self defense. Then if you watch at the end, he peacefully surrendered to the police. 

I'd hate to have you or anyone as my friend if anyone were to openly a**ack me and I shoot them in self defense & then you say something like that. I'd take that real personal. 

On 11/20/2021 at 3:40 AM, summerlusk said:

True. Everyone knows what happened. He shot and ki**ed two people. It’s on tape. Not everyone is agreeing that it was justified self-defense. You have a point though about him not having a gun, that he probably wouldn’t have gone there in the first place if he didn’t have it.

I think it was justified. He was in Kenosha with a group of people to protect property and provide aid when he got a**acked.

Do you want someone to burn your home or business to the ground or hire someone to protect it? 

You know how nasty these riots get. And surprise, his a**ackers were all white people. So that shuts up the BLM activists. 

1adf6e73-ebb2-42d0-b829-62baeb7fe75e_ima

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

You call this m**der?

You do know he was down there helping the police with the protest?   Here's the video. It's clear it was self defense. It's not m**der if you end them when they're a**acking you and based that he was there to help the police quall a riot. 

He was running to get away when they were a**acking him. If you watch the video, he was running towards the police cars. His a**ackers knocked him to the ground. He shot one and that one ran off, the other collapsed & died. AND he shot them as a  last resort. Then he walked backwards so they wouldn't pursue.  That's self defense. Then if you watch at the end, he peacefully surrendered to the police. 

I'd hate to have you or anyone as my friend if anyone were to openly a**ack me and I shoot them in self defense & then you say something like that. I'd take that real personal. 

I think it was justified. He was in Kenosha with a group of people to protect property and provide aid when he got a**acked.

Do you want someone to burn your home or business to the ground or hire someone to protect it? 

You know how nasty these riots get. And surprise, his a**ackers were all white people. So that shuts up the BLM activists. 

1adf6e73-ebb2-42d0-b829-62baeb7fe75e_ima

How do you feel about the Ahmaud Arbery case? I can’t say anything about it because I know close to nothing about it. Literally all I know is that it’s another case on trial right now and he was ki**ed and the defense is claiming self-defense. I don’t know any details, nor have I watched any videos or read any articles about it.

Edited by summerlusk

12 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Why was he being a**acked? Wasn't it people trying to stop what they believed was an active shooter? I thought that was regarded as being something brave to do in America

• Blank 1

3 hours ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

Why was he being a**acked? Wasn't it people trying to stop what they believed was an active shooter? I thought that was regarded as being something brave to do in America

Witness's testified that it was Joseph Rosenbaum that started the conflict. Gage Gr*sskreutz got the wrong idea. In other words, Joseph got Gage ki**ed because of his own stupidity and starting a fight with an armed man which is always a bad idea. 

Several witnesses who saw the killings testified that Rosenbaum was acting belligerently, thr***ened Rittenhouse, chased him down a street, and lunged for his rifle. gr*sskreutz himself conceded that he pointed his own gun at Rittenhouse, believing he was running after an active shooter.

https://www.insider.com/kyle-rittenhouse-why-self-defense-argument-won-2021-11

Why was Rittenhouse in Kenosha?

For a good reason. His father lived there and he wanted to support his community and offer help and medical aid during the protest. He took his gun in case he would need to defend himself incase this protest turned into a riot. It was a good thing he had. 

In emotional testimony, he said he came to Kenosha because he worked there, his father lived there, and he felt like he was part of the community. He said he wanted only to offer medical help to anyone who might need it in the chaos of the protests, and that he brought his gun only for a situation where he might need it to defend himself. 

https://www.insider.com/kyle-rittenhouse-why-self-defense-argument-won-2021-11

So do you want to keep b**ting up on an Innocent man or do you want to quit wasting your time and just read the defense and go over the facts?

Joseph Rosenbaum was a criminal and a history of assaulting and a**acking people. The f'ucker got exactly what was coming to him. He really was a piece of sh'it human being and was a se* offender. They have his criminal record right here in this article. 

Joseph Don Rosenbaum lived in Kenosha. He had an open case for misdemeanor bail jumping that was filed on July 30, 2020.

The conditions of bond read: “Not to Possess or Consume Alcohol. *Not To Possess or Consume Controlled Substances w/o a Prescription. No contact including the residence, electronic or 3rd party with: Kariann S, Park Ridge Inn.”

Rosenbaum also had open misdemeanor cases for battery (domestic ab**e) and di*ord*rly conduct (domestic ab**e).

Court documents obtained by Wisconsin Right Now from the Pima County (Arizona) Clerk of Courts confirm Rosenbaum was charged by a grand jury with 11 counts of ch*ld *******ation and inappropriate se*ual activity with ch*ldren, including anal ****, masturbation, oral se*, and showing m***rs ****ography. The v****ms were five boys ranging in age from nine to 11 years old. He was convicted of two amended counts as part of a plea deal. See those documents here.

Article: https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/03/11/joseph-rosenbaum-se*-offender/

Article: https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/03/12/kenosha-shooting/

Am I the only member in this forum that did the research and paid attention to the details that mattered while most of the people in this thread bashed an innocent man?

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Star 1

3 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Am I the only member in this forum that did the research and paid attention to the details that mattered while most of the people in this thread bashed an innocent man?

Maybe. As a non American, I can only say that the majority of the world looks at this case as another act of American stupidity

I guess my question won’t be answered. 😂

Anyway, I do agree that the people he ki**ed were t*rrible people.

4 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Witness's testified that it was Joseph Rosenbaum that started the conflict. Gage Gr*sskreutz got the wrong idea. In other words, Joseph got Gage ki**ed because of his own stupidity and starting a fight with an armed man which is always a bad idea. 

I’m confused, I agree with you but weren’t the two people that were ki**ed Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber? Gaige was wounded, but still alive.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Anyway, I do agree that the people he ki**ed were t*rrible people.

Exactly and the public stupidly doesn't want to see the truth. 

30 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I’m confused, I agree with you but weren’t the two people that were ki**ed Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber? Gaige was wounded, but still alive.

I apologize about my typo error. You are correct. It was too late for me to edit.

But yes, Joseph Rosenbaum started it. Rosenbaum tried to mug Kyle for the AR-15 he had. He didn't think Kyle would shoot him in self defense. 

But in cross-examination, Rittenhouse said that he knew the man, Joseph Rosenbaum, was unarmed when he ran at the teenager. Rittenhouse said he pointed his rifle at Rosenbaum in an attempt to deter him, adding that he knew pointing a rifle at someone is dangerous.

"He was chasing me, I was alone, he thr***ened to end me earlier that night. I didn't want to have to shoot him," Rittenhouse testified. "I pointed it at him because he kept running at me and I didn't want him to chase me."

He said he feared Rosenbaum, who did not touch his body at all that night, would take his gun and end people.

Prosecution rests its case against Kyle Rittenhouse and judge dismisses curfew citation charge

"If I would have let Mr. Rosenbaum take my firearm from me, he would have used it and ki**ed me with it and probably ki**ed more people if I would have let him get my gun," Rittenhouse testified.

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/10/us/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-wednesday/index.html

• Star 1

Not guilty, baby. 

On 11/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, Kaitlind said:

I think he's guilty and I don't understand why some people are defending him. Although I don't know the entire situation, he shouldn't of had a gun in the first place.

If you don’t know the entire situation, why judge? Not trying to a**ack you, my mind just doesn’t do that, I don’t judge or comment on what I don’t know about. 

• Mod
45 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Not guilty, baby. 

If you don’t know the entire situation, why judge? Not trying to a**ack you, my mind just doesn’t do that, I don’t judge or comment on what I don’t know about. 

Because I only heard that he was at a protest and shot people. I didn't know the whole self defense situation. I thought he was going to be found guilty because he ki**ed people.

1 hour ago, Kaitlind said:

Because I only heard that he was at a protest and shot people. I didn't know the whole self defense situation. I thought he was going to be found guilty because he ki**ed people.

I gotcha. At first I thought that, too, but I watched the footage a day or 2 after it happened, so it was obvious to me from the beginning. That’s what I don’t get about this case, I guess, is why it’s such a mystery, the video footage has been out there this entire time. It made me understand where conservatives are coming from when they complain about media bias! I’d never really thought about it before! 

7 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I gotcha. At first I thought that, too, but I watched the footage a day or 2 after it happened, so it was obvious to me from the beginning. That’s what I don’t get about this case, I guess, is why it’s such a mystery, the video footage has been out there this entire time. It made me understand where conservatives are coming from when they complain about media bias! I’d never really thought about it before! 

Yeah, I never thought we’d be divided over something that was caught on tape, so you can see exactly what happened.. but here we are.

• Heart 1

On 11/19/2021 at 5:24 PM, Danny Van Hecke said:

Same. I don’t even own a gun, but I don’t like situations that I deem unfair, which this clearly was, IMO. And I agree, there’s something about Rittenhouse, himself, that strikes a cord, makes you care. I think a lotta people felt that. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1