American Football

summerlusk

Do you watch it? Have you ever played? Would you let your k***s play it if they wanted to (if you have k***s or had them)? My answer is no to all these questions. And I wouldn’t let my k***s play if I had k***s because of the risk of CTE. Any other sport that doesn’t cause repeated blows to the head that seriously damage your brain is fine.

1 minute ago, Kaitlind said:

No I'm not into it and never was into it. Most of my family loves watching Football and I never understood why. I find it boring lol

Me too. I’ve even been to an NFL game when I was a k*d. I wasn’t into or care about football in the least, but my Aunt and Uncle were and it was kind of like a family thing.. my dad, sister, and grandpa came. It was Raiders vs Chargers and there were fights between fanbases in the stands. 🙄 Still not into it even after going to a game.

• Star 1

• Mod
3 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Me too. I’ve even been to an NFL game when I was a k*d. I wasn’t into or care about football in the least, but my Aunt and Uncle were and it was kind of like a family thing.. my dad, sister, and grandpa came. It was Raiders vs Chargers and there were fights between fanbases in the stands. 🙄 Still not into it even after going to a game.

I've noticed that people argue over this stuff too. Sports aren't even that big of a deal lol

• Star 1

I watched the superbowl this year, first time ever watching a game of American football, and was blown away by how needlessly complicated and dull it all was. What surprises me even more is that basketball and baseball, the two other big American sports, are so much more simple and fun to watch.

I'm not really much of a sports enthusiast myself, but I get the appeal. But American football, I have no idea how it can have anything more than a niche fanbase. It was just t*rrible. Love basketball and baseball though!

As for allowing my ch*ldren to play it, sure, I guess, if it's just playing about with friends. I'm sure they could get up to much worse than that. But when it comes to the professional games, I'd want them to understand 100% what the risks are to them physically, and to those around them emotionally, before they make any decision about what they do with that choice

• Star 1