Moving

summerlusk

• Mod

Yes I moved to another state right before starting high school. I lived with my mom and she got remarried so we moved to the state my stepdad lives in. It was just 2 hours away from my hometown so it wasn't that bad. After I graduated high school I moved back and lived with my dad and stepmom.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I’ve moved around New York because my parents were broke and we had to. When I was 18 I moved to a house in Pennsylvania with a bunch of friends to be free or whatever. After living in Pennsylvania for a year I had to move back to New York. Then I saved up some money and  moved to Tennessee because it’s cheap here and the natures beautiful. 

• Star 1

2 hours ago, Admin said:

I moved for work multiple times. A lot of people just wind up where they started tho.

That is very true. I moved to Florida in a desperate attempt to save a failed marriage after an ultimatum.  After we moved back to Missouri having lived in Florida for 11 months after Hurricane Michael. We divorced. 

• Star 1

**TW: Verbal ab**e**

I haven't moved states, but I've moved across the state ... if that counts? I grew up in a small town in Eastern Pennsylvania. I switched houses a lot, I lived with my mom at one point, then my ex-stepgrandmother, and then my grandmother and stepgrandfather. Needless to say I bounced around quite a bit. I was 15 at the time, and my grandmother started doing Weight Watchers at work. She lost quite a bit of weight from it, but took out her frustrations on me. She started forcing me to lose weight, but not in the healthiest of ways. Anytime I tried to tell her that she was making me feel bad about myself (as if I didn't already, I mean, I was in high school diagnosed with Major Depressive di*ord*r and Major Anxiety di*ord*r), she would scream at the top of her lungs saying that I was "Just an attention whore seeking attention" -- one time even getting in my face. This broke me, and I moved out to the Western side of the state to live with my father. He's near Pittsburgh, so there were more college opportunities anyways seeing as I was in high school 🙂

Phew, that's a rough story lol. It really is hard for me to talk about it cause it was probably one of the worst verbally ab**ive situations I've ever been in. Sadly, I'm quite forgiving and still have a relationship with my grandmother, and she ... chooses not to? remember all the emotional ab**e and trauma she put me through during that time in my life. 

3 hours ago, seeairuhhmist said:

**TW: Verbal ab**e**

I haven't moved states, but I've moved across the state ... if that counts? I grew up in a small town in Eastern Pennsylvania. I switched houses a lot, I lived with my mom at one point, then my ex-stepgrandmother, and then my grandmother and stepgrandfather. Needless to say I bounced around quite a bit. I was 15 at the time, and my grandmother started doing Weight Watchers at work. She lost quite a bit of weight from it, but took out her frustrations on me. She started forcing me to lose weight, but not in the healthiest of ways. Anytime I tried to tell her that she was making me feel bad about myself (as if I didn't already, I mean, I was in high school diagnosed with Major Depressive di*ord*r and Major Anxiety di*ord*r), she would scream at the top of her lungs saying that I was "Just an attention whore seeking attention" -- one time even getting in my face. This broke me, and I moved out to the Western side of the state to live with my father. He's near Pittsburgh, so there were more college opportunities anyways seeing as I was in high school 🙂

Phew, that's a rough story lol. It really is hard for me to talk about it cause it was probably one of the worst verbally ab**ive situations I've ever been in. Sadly, I'm quite forgiving and still have a relationship with my grandmother, and she ... chooses not to? remember all the emotional ab**e and trauma she put me through during that time in my life. 

I’m so sorry you had to go through that traumatic verbal ab**e.