Apologies.

bones

• Elites

Evening guys. 

I was just thinking- Do you think an apology is necessary every single time you hurt someone and ended up feeling like it wasn’t intended at the time?

Or is sometimes silence and time an apology itself?

1 hour ago, bones said:

Evening guys. 

I was just thinking- Do you think an apology is necessary every single time you hurt someone and ended up feeling like it wasn’t intended at the time?

Or is sometimes silence and time an apology itself?

I donno man, if you feel it would make them happy, and you didn't mean to make them less happy - apologies make sense.

• Heart 3

If you frequently end up hurting them I'd say it's better to leave that person alone for a while because something is clearly not working. An apology when something happens from time to time is perfectly fine but if it's on a daily basis then you need to distance yourself and do some inner work.

• Heart 1

An apology is just a word. It's the action that defines your apology. It's not a magic word that can force them to forget & act like it never happened.

The best thing you can do is walk away and let them come to you. 

Admit what you did was wrong. Make peace and forgive yourself & leave them alone for awhile. If they forgive you, that is great. If not, oh well. That person is no longer your problem. Move on. Meet someone better. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

14 minutes ago, bones said:

I don't feel I need to apologize to anyone

Often I don't either. There's people in my life that just seem to always feel owed & entitled to something that I don't have for them. 

I am trying to analyze another's behavior

I don't know. I gave up doing things like that a long time ago. The more time & effort you try putting into analyzing someone, the harder it is to figure them out. I think if I stick with that person long enough. I'll  eventually learn enough about them on whether or not they're playing games with me. And at that point I'll really know whether or not that is a bridge that I need to burn. Some people are just not worth the time and effort & I mean that literally. 

Thank you for your input. 😇

Don't thank us yet. 😉

Edited by Mr.Dawn

• Elites

I've known people who never formally apologize but make it clear that they're sorry. I've also known people who make showy apologies and then continue to offend. I prefer both, and try to demonstrate both myself, but I'll take the former over the latter; sincerity wins the day.