Do you decorate for Christmas before or after Thanksgiving?

Kaitlind

• Mod

I know some people start decorating for Christmas as soon as it's November and some wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating. Which one do you do? That is if you celebrate Christmas.

I prefer to start decorating for Christmas when it turns December. Christmas is my 2nd favorite holiday but I want to focus on Thanksgiving before Christmas time. That's how I've always been 😋

• Mod
53 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Where I live. It seems like everyone does. Even when I go to my mom's house to eat on Thanksgiving. Her decorations are up. 

I don't think anyone I know puts Christmas decorations up early.

• Mod
15 minutes ago, Bruja626 said:

I normally decorate the tree on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We never do the black Friday shopping thing. After breakfast we breakout the tree, the decorations, and turn on the Christmas music. 

Nice. I never do black friday shopping either. Too many people lol

• Elites
2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Nice. I never do black friday shopping either. Too many people lol

OMG Kaitlind I so agree. I also feel like the people working on that day would rather be home with their families. I try to make sure none of need anything from the store on those two days. I did see that some stores have chosen to stay closed on BF before Covid hit. I thought that was cool. 

• Heart 1

• Mod
23 hours ago, Bruja626 said:

OMG Kaitlind I so agree. I also feel like the people working on that day would rather be home with their families. I try to make sure none of need anything from the store on those two days. I did see that some stores have chosen to stay closed on BF before Covid hit. I thought that was cool. 

Yeah I feel bad for the cashiers. I would be mis erable having to work on such a busy day and not being with family.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Michael Richards Yes GIF

Lol

It's just a great holiday, all about happiness... it's easy to argue with people... it's hard to argue with people in front of a Christmas tree with happy Christmas music playing in the background.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I don't go full on decorations anymore. I put out a little decorative tree, and maybe something outside of my door. I usually do this a little before Thanksgiving. Especially if I'm adding some lights. When I had my kitten, I wouldn't put my full tree up, for reasons (sadly, she's gone now...🕯) Maybe next year I'll do it. I used to love falling asleep on the couch with the lights on the tree. 💕

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod
1 hour ago, brittniisundae said:

I don't go full on decorations anymore. I put out a little decorative tree, and maybe something outside of my door. I usually do this a little before Thanksgiving. Especially if I'm adding some lights. When I had my kitten, I wouldn't put my full tree up, for reasons (sadly, she's gone now...🕯) Maybe next year I'll do it. I used to love falling asleep on the couch with the lights on the tree. 💕

I've never put up a lot of decorations because I didn't have a lot. I just like to decorate the Christmas tree. I'll put up a few other decorations but none that go outside the house.

• Star 1

2 hours ago, Admin said:

It's just a great holiday, all about happiness... it's easy to argue with people... it's hard to argue with people in front of a Christmas tree with happy Christmas music playing in the background.

If people enjoy it that's a positive thing, don't want to spoil that. From a rational perspective it's just something humans made up though.