What is a life lesson you wish you learned sooner?

3 hours ago, Bruja626 said:

I wish I would have had more self love in my youth. 

I know what you mean. Cutting and s'ui'cidal thoughts over temporary issues isn't healthy. Sometimes I'd get so pissed off at my mom and her husband that I'd get really dark thoughts. 

• Heart 3

That therapy doesn't mean you're crazy or that there is something wrong with you. I grew up with my old southern grandparents, and things like that were looked at as taboo and scandalous but if they had taken me to a therapist of any kind to deal with my really, really messed up ch*ldhood I would have had such a better start to life and been way better adjusted.  

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, LostSauce said:

That therapy doesn't mean you're crazy or that there is something wrong with you. I grew up with my old southern grandparents, and things like that were looked at as taboo and scandalous but if they had taken me to a therapist of any kind to deal with my really, really messed up ch*ldhood I would have had such a better start to life and been way better adjusted.  

I totally agree with you. I think everyone could use therapy you don’t have to be “crazy”. People aren’t raised with proper coping mechanism and therapy shows us what’s healthy. I wish it was taboo to be tox*c 

2 minutes ago, Saphire Cotto said:

I totally agree with you. I think everyone could use therapy you don’t have to be “crazy”. People aren’t raised with proper coping mechanism and therapy shows us what’s healthy. I wish it was taboo to be tox*c 

Yeah, no one else around really cared a whole lot if people went to therapy I'm sure, but my grandma was old school (and bipolar) so it was a big deal to her- the phrase I heard most growing up was "what goes on in this house, stays in this house" lol 😭😭