Horror Movie Question

Kaitlind

• Mod

Is there a horror movie that terrified you when you first watched it but looking back at it now, you realize it's not even that scary?

I remember when I went to go see Paranormal Activity, my best friend at the time and I were so scared afterwards that we slept on the couch together lol. It's dumb really because it's not that scary now that I look back at it.

Can you relate?

• Heart 2

• Elites

Paranormal Activity is a good movie, hauntings are the only horror that typically gets my heart racing bc i believe in ghosts and all that.

The Grudge used to scare me as a k*d especially the shower scenes. Some time passes and I’m over here mimicking the noise to freak out my siblings way too often

• Funny 1

• Mod
1 hour ago, Leaf_ said:

Paranormal Activity is a good movie, hauntings are the only horror that typically gets my heart racing bc i believe in ghosts and all that.

The Grudge used to scare me as a k*d especially the shower scenes. Some time passes and I’m over here mimicking the noise to freak out my siblings way too often

Lol yeah, The Grudge is creepy and The Conjuring movies scare me too but I love them at the same time.

• Heart 1

• Mod
10 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

The SAW movies made me cringe at times because the death scenes looked painful. 

The first SAW movie disturbed me when I first watched it, but now those movies don't bother me anymore because I've seen them a lot lol

The Ring terrified me as a ch*ld. I was always paranoid about the possibility of the TV in my room randomly turning on in the middle of the night. And if a channel ever went static, oh heck no! That cord came straight outta the wall! 😂

I've since rewatched it as an adult and realize how terribly CGI Samara looks as she's crawling out of the TV, which is kinda lame.

Horror movies don't really affect me as an adult anymore. I will watch one for fun, but everything about the movie disappears from my mind no more than a couple hours after it's over.

Now True Crime, on the other hand, is terrifying. 😲

• Star 1

• Mod
6 hours ago, Carrie Danielle said:

The Ring terrified me as a ch*ld. I was always paranoid about the possibility of the TV in my room randomly turning on in the middle of the night. And if a channel ever went static, oh heck no! That cord came straight outta the wall! 😂

I've since rewatched it as an adult and realize how terribly CGI Samara looks as she's crawling out of the TV, which is kinda lame.

Horror movies don't really affect me as an adult anymore. I will watch one for fun, but everything about the movie disappears from my mind no more than a couple hours after it's over.

Now True Crime, on the other hand, is terrifying. 😲

Same! I remember The Ring scaring me when I first watched it. One time when I was a teenager, I was watching it and my step dad pranked me by calling the house phone. When I answered it, he whispered "7 days." That really scared me at first lol

On 10/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, Kaitlind said:

Is there a horror movie that terrified you when you first watched it but looking back at it now, you realize it's not even that scary?

I remember when I went to go see Paranormal Activity, my best friend at the time and I were so scared afterwards that we slept on the couch together lol. It's dumb really because it's not that scary now that I look back at it.

Can you relate?

Yep, stuff that was scary before isn't now... humans be like that --- I've been told folks these days get desensitized way earlier --- which is weird because I was such a sensitive person back then.

• Star 1

• Mod
23 minutes ago, Admin said:

Yep, stuff that was scary before isn't now... humans be like that --- I've been told folks these days get desensitized way earlier --- which is weird because I was such a sensitive person back then.

Yeah I'm definitely desensitized to most everything now lol. It's weird how that happens.