how did you "escape" your deepest depression?

bones

I think depression is a phase we all go through. It's part of who we are and the bad thing about that is this: You can't escape yourself or who you are. And people that say they do are in a deep state of denial about that. Have I gotten through my depression? No, it just goes dormant from time to time. 

Dr.Phil has an amazing take towards depression and mental illness. 

• Star 1

• Mod

For me depression isn't an ongoing thing. It comes and goes depending on the situation I'm in, so how I escape depression is just sitting through it and knowing whatever I'm upset about won't last forever. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but that's the way I personally deal with it.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

..... so how I escape depression is just sitting through it and knowing whatever I'm upset about won't last forever.

It can't rain all the time. Even the moments we wish would last forever fade. 😔

....yes I'm referencing The Crow...ooo now I gotta go find that song.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

You don't really escape it... it's sitting there... waiting for you. That's how it works. Still in the room, following you to every other room you go. Life is like that. Just gotta live... 

liam neeson GIF.....but I will find you and I will end you.....

d*e depression d*e! Kick Me The Joker GIF by SportsManias

....yea I'm posting way too much.... I'm sorry.

• Heart 1

It's always there for me, but some times are better than others. This week it seems to be kicking my arse, but it will p a**. 

Just now, ZombiesAteCharley said:

It's always there for me, but some times are better than others. This week it seems to be kicking my arse, but it will p a**. 

*pa ss 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

*pa ss 

I know what you mean. I feel like I’m always suffering from it. It’s never felt like “just a phase”. It’s something chronic for me..

• Heart 1