“i’m sorry. i didn’t mean what i said.”

bones

54 minutes ago, bones said:

Do you really say things you don’t mean when you’re upset?

Many times my anger has gotten the better of me. I have just let it all come out without thinking about it and then regretted it the following day. The question is get is "If you didn't mean it then why say it?" and I really don't have the best answer for that. I wish I did.

But all I can say is that it was word vomit which is not a credible answer. It's just when people get mad, we say anything and everything at times from thr***ening to kick our partner out to saying mean things. 

I got into it with my girlfriend over the weekend. She was having an attitude, she was aggravated. I became frustrated and hurt. I walked away. I'm happy that I didn't say things I would come to regret. I'm glad I bit my tongue. She later apologized.

59 minutes ago, bones said:

Or would you just not have said it?

I'm still working on that part. I'm getting better at it. Self control is key. 

• Star 1

• Elites
1 hour ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I got into it with my girlfriend over the weekend. She was having an attitude, she was aggravated. I became frustrated and hurt. I walked away. I'm happy that I didn't say things I would come to regret. I'm glad I bit my tongue. She later apologized.

That is my exact tactic.

I realize, if I get angry at somebody, I need them immediately to stop talking to me and aggravating me more so I need to remove myself from the situation.

The more they say to me, and the more they are in my sight, I get angrier and angrier. 

I am getting better at this, I walk away from situations and stay silent to avoid doing or saying something I may regret later.

• Mod

Never. If I'm upset or mad at someone, I try not to argue back and walk away. I have raised my voice before but felt bad afterwards lol. I rarely argue with anyone anyway, unless it's someone online if they start messing with me, but even then I try not to say anything mean. I just have mean thoughts haha

• Heart 1

• Elites
19 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Never. If I'm upset or mad at someone, I try not to argue back and walk away. I have raised my voice before but felt bad afterwards lol. I rarely argue with anyone anyway, unless it's someone online if they start messing with me, but even then I try not to say anything mean. I just have mean thoughts haha

I feel like you are just the sweetest soul 💞

• Heart 1

• Elites

What is said out of frustration is usually how they actually feel without the fear of repercussions at the time Once things simmer down and reality catches up with their emotions they backtrack saying I didn’t mean that lol Let’s have a go at whatever is bothering you without all the theatrics ok? * pat pat *

When I get upset myself usually I just say give me my space or silence to figure it out or let’s take turns talking strategy Not take the time to belittle whoever is around like an emotional punching bag ouch

• Star 1