Dealing With Social Anxiety

Kaitlind

• Mod

As I've gotten older, I've noticed that I've been having some anxiety when I'm out in public. It's gotten to a point to where I don't even like going inside stores anymore, unless I'm with someone. Being around a bunch of people just makes me feel nervous and I don't like everyone being in my way lol. Let's say I'm in an isle by myself in a store. If someone comes up next to me, I'll start feeling uncomfortable and have to walk somewhere else. Does anyone else on here have social anxiety and how do you deal with it?

1 hour ago, Kaitlind said:

As I've gotten older, I've noticed that I've been having some anxiety when I'm out in public. It's gotten to a point to where I don't even like going inside stores anymore, unless I'm with someone. Being around a bunch of people just makes me feel nervous and I don't like everyone being in my way lol. Let's say I'm in an isle by myself in a store. If someone comes up next to me, I'll start feeling uncomfortable and have to walk somewhere else. Does anyone else on here have social anxiety and how do you deal with it?

Do you know why or does it just set in when you're out and about?

• Mod
14 minutes ago, Admin said:

Well, at least you have anonymity - no one taking photos of you the moment they see you... you're a normal person... so that must feel nice.

Oh well yeah. I don't think I could deal with all that so I guess I'm lucky in that sense 😋

8 minutes ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

I had CBT last year for social anxiety and it helped me massively. ❤

That's good 🙂 I don't feel like I need to take any med*cation for it right now, but if it gets worse I'll see about it. Hopefully it won't get worse though.

2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Oh well yeah. I don't think I could deal with all that so I guess I'm lucky in that sense 😋

That's good 🙂 I don't feel like I need to take any med*cation for it right now, but if it gets worse I'll see about it. Hopefully it won't get worse though.

It's not med*cation, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I hardly left the house at all for a year and after a few sessions I was going out for walks. I continued with it for around 4 months and it was one of the best things I've done. ❤

• Mod
3 minutes ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

It's not med*cation, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I hardly left the house at all for a year and after a few sessions I was going out for walks. I continued with it for around 4 months and it was one of the best things I've done. ❤

Oh I guess I should have looked up what that was first. I just assumed it was medicine to treat anxiety 😆 But that's good and a healthier option.

• Heart 1