My Ignorant View of Eugenia Cooney

Admin

Some of you may have missed this, but Eugenia Cooney is apparently still a hot topic according to the Tweets from Keemstar and other YouTubers... right now Keemstar seems to have the position that Eugenia Cooney is just this helpless person who is the target of unjustified criticism --- Now for the live stream where multiple people came forward saying Eugenia Cooney helped put them in the hospital:

The general concept is this: If a YouTuber is a driving force behind countless people winding up in the hospital, the YouTube staff should review their content and take responsibility.

This was never really a matter of debate. Eugenia Cooney has caused countless people to wind up in the hospital due to her highly disturbing videos where she glorifies starvation.

Not sure why Keemstar finds it appropriate to play Devil's advocate here when lives are at stake.

You don't need to look for more than seconds to find countless people who have suffered because of Eugenia Cooney's very public pro-*** lifestyle.

In fact on this very forum there are people who have starved themselves in the past due to Eugenia promoting fasting/self-directed EDs.

Anyway... someone had to say it.

A lot of the people criticizing Eugenia Cooney who are now getting in trouble with Keemstar over it, were heavy critics of the Onision channels in the past --- but guess what? That doesn't make them wrong.

Eugenia Cooney is a serious danger, a real danger, a person who fueled the hospitalization of countless people (Just read her comments extensively - thousands of people saying they find her starved body inspiring? Having that body cuts 25 years off your life, average.)

Jaclyn Glenn was right to have Eugenia Cooney put in rehab, now Jaclyn Glenn is demonized for it? Why? Because the professionals agreed with Jaclyn... are all of you smarter than licensed professionals?

Typical internet.

Again, these people are not friends of the Onision channels, but that doesn't mean I have to sit here and say they can never be right. Pretty much EVERYONE who criticized Eugenia is right to criticize her.

No question in my mind, she is one of the most lethal/dangerous creators on the platform. But don't take my word for it - ask around, look around, see how many people were inspired to literally starve themselves because of her flaunting her starved body in front of them.

Everyone wishes Eugenia well, but Eugenia wishes no one well, not so long as she's triggering them to harm themselves as she consistently and relentlessly does every other video and Instagram she releases.

Image 003.jpg

I don't care if you don't think humans should joke about serious issues. Live in the real world. See the light and the dark. Appreciate the night and the day, see the world for what it is, all of it.

• Star 3

I've noticed that you've been trying to put a stop to this for a while. And I do agree with you. I honestly would have given up were I in your position. 

But have you considered the possibility that the people behind & promoting Eugenia just don't give a s'hit? 

Personally. She makes me sick. She looks t'errible. She looks like an AID's v'ictim & I often wonder if her family & her friends are in a state of denial. 

But well. Everyone seems to not care as its evident that they're looking the other way. 

And well Onision. You warned them. It's not your fault they didn't f'ucking listen. It's like that saying everyone says jokingly about her:

"You can lead  Eugenia Cooney to food, but you can't make her eat."

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

And well Onision. You warned them. It's not your fault they didn't f'ucking listen. It's like that saying everyone says jokingly about her:

"You can lead  Eugenia Cooney to food, but you can't make her eat."

To break me down to my core motivation:

I observed something/know something - so I shared that long history of observation/knowledge on the issue.

What people do is up to them. I can't expect people to listen or change --- all I can do is say what's true, and let the rest be handled by the slippery hands of human ego.

• Star 1

• Mod

I agree with you. Sometimes all you can do is sit back and hope people like this will get help, no matter how much you've tried to help them and get them to see the impact they're having on others. They won't get help unless they want to and it's clear she doesn't want help or feels like she doesn't need it. Some of us will never understand that, but there's not much we can do and it's sad it has to be that way.

I've seen your opinion throughout the years (which has pretty much stayed the same) and I respect it in all honesty. To get into the topic of "why isn't she demonitized or removed off the platform cause she put so many others lives in danger", is a great question for YouTube staff. The same could be argued for Nikocado Avacado, why is he still on the platform when he indeed promotes quite the opposite of Eugenia Cooney? YouTube hasn't been the smartest in removing YouTube videos / disabling parts of people's channels. Back in the early 2000's, a trend among YouTubers was to upload a video of them daily smoking 3-4, sometimes even more cigarettes at ONE TIME. This is some sort of ki'nk, I don't know what it's called anymore, but yeah, YouTube algorithm is completely a** backwards in what they want the people to see, and what they seem "inappropriate". I also think being online and having an online presence in terms like Eugenia, she's putting herself in more danger-- or isn't helping herself to the best of her ability by allowing herself to be bullied, teased and made fun of for her appearance. so in a way, the shoes on her foot. she could've stayed off the internet when she left before and lived a peaceful life, but she chose to come back and get bullied. I'm not saying she deserves it either, but in a way I think she kinda likes the attention.

Well. The good news is Oni, is that Instagram cares. They're deleting her content & she's too stupid to see "why".

Obviously she didn't read the guidelines. I hope they ban her. 

https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119

Maintain our supportive environment by not glorifying self-injury.

The Instagram community cares for each other, and is often a place where people facing difficult issues such as eating di*ord*rs, cutting, or other kinds of self-injury come together to create awareness or find support. We try to do our part by providing education in the app and adding information in the Help Center so people can get the help they need.

Encouraging or urging people to embrace self-injury is counter to this environment of support, and we’ll remove it or disable accounts if it’s reported to us. We may also remove content identifying v****ms or survivors of self-injury if the content targets them for a**ack or humor.

1 hour ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Well. The good news is Oni, is that Instagram cares. They're deleting her content & she's too stupid to see "why".

Obviously she didn't read the guidelines. I hope they ban her. 

https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119

She is a genuinely terrifying person. She is beyond the plea of “ignorance” for the damage she has done to her own fans. The hospitalizations are countless & she continues to profit off the confirmed real physical suffering of her audience.

• Elites

To be honest, I don't think your opinion is ignorant at ALL.

12 hours ago, Admin said:

No question in my mind, she is one of the most lethal/dangerous creators on the platform. But don't take my word for it - ask around, look around, see how many people were inspired to literally starve themselves because of her flaunting her starved body in front of them.

I have seen every single one of your videos on Cooney and agree with every single one of them. 

I have heard IRL friends of mine say how much she triggers them and how close to relapsing they have been due to her videos and consistent deterioration. 

Don't even get me started on her streams and the 'conspiracy' theories of her pleasing pro-a'na fetishes for money. All I can say is, she angers the f'uck out of me.

12 minutes ago, bones said:

Don't even get me started on her streams and the 'conspiracy' theories of her pleasing pro-a'na fetishes for money. All I can say is, she angers the f'uck out of me.

She is a YouTuber, she knows to keep doing what gets her views - only in her case, it hospitalizes a small percent of her viewers.

It is not complicated. No conspiracies needed. She is making money doing this. She will continue despite who it hurts. That is how she & people like her work.

• Star 1

• Elites
1 minute ago, Admin said:

She is a YouTuber, she knows to keep doing what gets her views - only in her case, it hospitalizes a small percent of her viewers.

It is not complicated. No conspiracies needed. She is making money doing this. She will continue despite who it hurts. That is how she & people like her work.

Exactly the reason for the 'quotes' around conspiracy.

She knows exactly what she's doing. 

But hey, we don't know what her mother is doing either. 

2 hours ago, Admin said:

She is a genuinely terrifying person. She is beyond the plea of “ignorance” for the damage she has done to her own fans. The hospitalizations are countless & she continues to profit off the confirmed real physical suffering of her audience.

Exactly. She's encouraging others to relapse because they see her doing it and it's a trigger. That's like opening a can of beer in front of an alcoholic, or giving m'eth to a drug addict and saying that it's okay. It's not okay. She needs to be shut down. She's a bad influence on those already suffering from mental illness. She's just throwing diesel on the camp fire. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

If anything, I think removing her from the platform would be good for HER. The views she gets just make it worse IMO, it just encourages her to keep doing what she’s doing. The people that support her are just enabling her. As much criticism as she gets, she still has people that support her. So perhaps she doesn’t think she needs to get help because she has fans anyway that are basically sending the message that what she’s doing is okay. So why would she get help? If she’s not on YouTube or any other platform like Twitch or whatever, she wouldn’t have that encouragement and delusion she gets from having fans that act like she’s fine.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:38 PM, Mr.Dawn said:

I've noticed that you've been trying to put a stop to this for a while. And I do agree with you. I honestly would have given up were I in your position. 

But have you considered the possibility that the people behind & promoting Eugenia just don't give a s'hit? 

Personally. She makes me sick. She looks t'errible. She looks like an AID's v'ictim & I often wonder if her family & her friends are in a state of denial. 

The people that coddle her are not doing her any good. They’re not helping her, they’re doing the opposite. Sometimes people need tough love. If they cared about her, they’d be worried about her and clearly they aren’t.

On 10/21/2021 at 7:49 AM, Admin said:

That’s why I think being banned would do good for her and others. Get rid of the incentive and positive reinforcement.

• Star 1

15 hours ago, summerlusk said:

If anything, I think removing her from the platform would be good for HER.

The same applies to people who make videos of them abusing their body in any way that is clearly damaging to them and their viewers.

Like unhealthy binge videos. Promoting diabetes/disease etc.

Jusr remove those videos till they stop making them.

• Star 1

1 hour ago, Admin said:

The same applies to people who make videos of them abusing their body in any way that is clearly damaging to them and their viewers.

Like unhealthy binge videos. Promoting diabetes/disease etc.

Jusr remove those videos till they stop making them.

Exactly

21 hours ago, summerlusk said:

If anything, I think removing her from the platform would be good for HER. 

Well. That's a maybe. I think it would take a lot for her to start "bettering" herself. But I do agree. Both the platforms & herself are both mutually pernicious to each other. 

The people that support her are just enabling her. As much criticism as she gets, she still has people that support her. So perhaps she doesn’t think she needs to get help because she has fans anyway that are basically sending the message that what she’s doing is okay. 

And as long as they enable her. She's not going to stop. I think Eugenia is very aware of the back lash she's getting. But she turns a deaf ear to people like us and turns to those whose words are more comforting. Denial and being delusional is a very strong brick wall. It's right up there with religion. 

comforting-lies-vs-unpleasant-truths-640

So why would she get help? If she’s not on YouTube or any other platform like Twitch or whatever, she wouldn’t have that encouragement and delusion she gets from having fans that act like she’s fine.

Because of the perks behind not getting help. She can get on disability and she can benefit from her fanbase. The desire and the motivation to get help isn't there for Cooney. She doesn't give a f'uck and she's made that very obvious. She might say she wants help, but that's just to ag things on in her favor. 

So long as her fans enable her. She'll keep doing what she's doing. It's about what is convenient and what is inconvenient to Cooney.

The people that coddle her are not doing her any good. They’re not helping her, they’re doing the opposite. Sometimes people need tough love. If they cared about her, they’d be worried about her and clearly they aren’t.

I think her family is part of the problem. Instead of taking her devices away and making her sit at the table & eat. They're not doing that. Most help sources state that "Food is medicine" and her parents failed her. Social Media has failed her. Her fans have failed her. 

That’s why I think being banned would do good for her and others. Get rid of the incentive and positive reinforcement.

I think it's going to take more than that. Her issues go further than her presence on the Internet. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Star 1