What Are Relationship Arguments Normally About?

Admin

1. When you argue with your partner, or past partners... what was it most commonly about?

2. Do you think arguing is worth it?

3. Would everyone be better off if people just talked less when they were upset?

Just wondering your opinions on this 😋

Sasha Banks Reaction GIF by WWE

ROFL

Image 001.jpg

• Star 1

• Elites

1. An assumption or miscommunication.

2. Yes, because transparency is key and any passionate relationship naturally will have disagreements. 

3. Yes. Taking a second to walk away, not say anything you might not actually mean just due to anger, is very healthy for any relationship. For example, I can be a nasty c’unt with anger issues. I choose to stay silent or walk away if I know I’m about to hurt someone without meaning to. 

3 minutes ago, bones said:

2. Yes, because transparency is key and any passionate relationship naturally will have disagreements. 

See, I find the more I argue with people, the more angry they get. It's like people just want you to agree and that's it... so what do you do? Someone has to be the bigger person... otherwise you just keep fighting with different people forever.

Humans almost always want to be right... so I say let them. I'm not really interested in arguing right now... and I don't want to argue in the future...

So... I mean if I truly want to start this policy of "no arguing because that will just make them want to hurt you" I guess that means that you do you --- argue with whoever you like, but I'm going to try and argue with people a whole lot less.

I mean think about it... what percent of the arguments you have, actually end with the other person saying "You're right, I'm sorry."

Haha... humans.

• Star 1

• Elites
6 minutes ago, Admin said:

See, I find the more I argue with people, the more angry they get. It's like people just want you to agree and that's it... so what do you do? Someone has to be the bigger person... otherwise you just keep fighting with different people forever.

Humans almost always want to be right... so I say let them. I'm not really interested in arguing right now... and I don't want to argue in the future...

So... I mean if I truly want to start this policy of "no arguing because that will just make them want to hurt you" I guess that means that you do you --- argue with whoever you like, but I'm going to try and argue with people a whole lot less.

I mean think about it... what percent of the arguments you have, actually end with the other person saying "You're right, I'm sorry."

Haha... humans.

Well… Okay Sensei. You may be onto something. 

8 minutes ago, bones said:

Well… Okay Sensei. You may be onto something. 

Lol... you get it... the more we argue, the more people get mad at us... so what do you do? You figure out that humans love being right and hate being wrong... so how can you pretty much always win? By letting them believe what they like, and claiming your peace by being one of the few people who can actually swallow their ego - and let go of the idea that other people need to understand/see things the way they are.

I've seen people argue and fight things for years. They weren't happy when they started, and because they never stopped, they still were not happy.

"Talk less, smile more..." 

• Heart 1

I think that my past relationships needed more of a genuine agreement that if there was something either of us needed to talk about we could do that without it feeling like we lit a fuse. Ideal that no arguments would ever occur, but nothing is ever perfect. So giving space would help, but really talking about something when it first starts would help. I always kept my mouth shut when I knew what they were doing. I'm willing to admit my mistakes, so when I did say something -  it blew up. The silent treatment just made me feel worse. I'll just sum my own experiences up by saying wrong people, wrong time, we were younger, mistakes were made. Would it be pessimistic to say that arguments are going to be a part of even the most healthy relationships? Maybe that's tainted thinking on my part. 🤔 Anyway hopefully you all are enjoying & in caring relationships now or just caring for yourself. 💕

• Heart 1

Me and my dudes fights are usually about something that doesn’t even matter. Both of us wanna be right but usually we’re either both wrong or both right in different ways. If it gets too heated I tend to try to disengage, because I know when I get super mad I lose control of my mouth and say really mean things that don’t need to be said.