Why Are People Insane? (Politically)

Admin

Is it that people just feel like their own lives are so boring and lame that they have to invest their time into something that gives them a false sense of being relevant?

Why do people pick sides? Why do they throw themselves into politics as if any of it is really what it seems on the surface?

The constant social civil war is so dramatic and ridiculous, like a religion, and people are driving around waving flags, posting angry statements in their yards, wearing T-Shirts, going on social media rants etc --- all for what?

What difference does any of your daily outrage make? Just vote, and live your life... is that too difficult? You gotta wage war with your own family on facebook? Ranting constantly about politicians you know little of/never met or even remotely understand?

I get making jokes, I understand the news folk and influencers covering these dumb topics because they all get paid --- but the lemmings who eat all that junk up, ruin their own happiness over complex issues they know too-little of...

Are we just... dumb? Hahaha.

Ugh.

Live your life bro.

Anyway, ever witness someone who believes social media nonsense in a serious context?

WHAT EVEN IS THIS?

Have politics always been this bad and I'm only just now catching on or... have the last decade been kinda... nuts?

• Star 2

8 minutes ago, Admin said:

The constant social civil war is so dramatic and ridiculous, like a religion

I think this is the main reason, in a way. People as a group feel a need for guidance, and as the world has been stepping further away from basing their lives off religious teachings, they need a macro focus on life. We're told that the rule and will of the government deeply impacts all of our lives, so theoretically, that should be where we focus our beliefs and support.

I don't agree that that should be the case, but I feel that's why we've been seeing an increase in political loonies and a decrease in religious nutjobs

• Star 1

• Mod

This is exactly how I feel and why I don't like getting into politics. All it does it cause arguments. Why do people feel the need to argue with others who have different opinions than them? And then there's people who take their own political side too seriously. I'll never understand it.

• Star 1

40 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

The worst thing about it is the hatred and nastiness. The two sides literally hate each other right now, like real pure hatred. The US hasn’t been this divided since the civil war.

"What goes around comes around."

When it comes to the US, social media didn't help to make people less divided, it sure seems to have made it worse.

Politics in the US is pretty interesting, but also pretty messy. In Belgium we have it better imo, we have quality healthcare for example, the healthcare system in the US is a disaster.

Political youtube channels I often watch are "Jimmy Dore Show", "Secular Talk", "Hard Lens Media".

1 hour ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

When it comes to the US, social media didn't help to make people less divided, it sure seems to have made it worse.

Politics in the US is pretty interesting, but also pretty messy. In Belgium we have it better imo, we have quality healthcare for example, the healthcare system in the US is a disaster.

Political youtube channels I often watch are "Jimmy Dore Show", "Secular Talk", "Hard Lens Media".

Jimmy Dore definitely makes things much more messy with the way he just tells lies as if they were true.

2 minutes ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

Jimmy Dore definitely makes things much more messy with the way he just tells lies as if they were true.

Well, that's your opinion. Personally I can't catch him on lies. He's just a human being so he can make mistakes, but think he's honest and means well.

16 hours ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

Also find it weird he keeps going on about vaccines and got bored with it, so don't pay much attention to his ramblings about that. Prefer to hear him talk about corruption, being pro medicare for all, etc. The person in that video says Jimmy took a covid vaccine, so taking a vaccine and being anti-vaccine is a contradiction. I did follow the Ivermectim issue, on CNN they criticized Joe Rogan for taking horse meds, which was ridiculous of course. He shouldn't have said it was effective in Mexico, but don't think that was meant as a lie, he probably just got misinformed. There's a big difference between making a mistake and lying.

By the way.. can't argue with this he... Jimmy is savage.