Do You Ever Get SAD For No Reason?

Admin

• Mod

Yes, I'll be in a good mood one day and then feel depressed the next for no reason. I feel like I have more days where I'm depressed than days where I'm in a good mood. Now I do have some reasons for feeling sad, such as overthinking things or feeling disappointed with certain situations. Then the sad feeling will stay unless something improves my mood or I suddenly feel happy the next day. I think another reason I get sad is because I wish I had more in my life, like more money or more things to do. I'm grateful for the life I have, but I wish I could be happy with it at the same time. Idk what my problem is lol.

• Heart 3

I can completely relate with you both. Ever since the beginning of junior high school I've felt the weight of anxiety and depression almost everyday. I'm not really sure why though... It's like one day a flip switched and I went from a happy go lucky k*d to a m*******e teen. I, myself, had hoped that the whole "it's a phase" thing would be true, but even as I went through university and then moved halfway across the world, the feelings remained. 

Earlier this year, with the support of my lovely husband, I decided to see a psychiatrist and give something, anything, a shot. I've now been taking an SSRI daily for almost six months, and I can happily say that I finally feel "normal," whatever that is. I've become a lot more stable in that I'm not randomly bursting into tears or lashing out at my husband over small things anymore. We're both relieved (lol). 

This is just my individual case, though. 

My prescription has also dulled my sadness receptors quite a bit, and I get this weird pressure behind my eyes in situations where I normally cry, but the tears never surface. That feeling is definitely unsettling, but it usually goes away quickly. I am kinda scared of not being able to cry if I were to lose anyone important to me, so I would like to be able to come off the medicine someday. That may just be some residual anxiety talking, though.

Aside from the med*cation, I've also found that putting my focus and attention on taking care of others has really helped me feel that my life is meaningful. It's nice to feel needed by my family and the patients I take care of at the hospital.

Perhaps shifting your thoughts away from yourself and onto something or someone else could be helpful?

Everyone's solution is different though, and I'm sure you'll find what works for you. At least we have a supportive community here. 💕

1 hour ago, Carrie Danielle said:

Perhaps shifting your thoughts away from yourself and onto something or someone else could be helpful?

We could all help out others more. Thinking only of yourself is like a spiral that goes nowhere sometimes.

• Heart 1

Yeaaahhhh buddy. I’m actually slipping back down into a depressive slump rn and it’s ballllsssssssss 

i just try to do small things that I know make me feel nice, whether that’s making a warm drink or doing something nice for a friend or what have you. I’ve learned by now that the slumps never last forever and sometimes all you can do is ride them out and try your best to keep your head above water 

• Heart 1