What's in your ancestry?

Oh boy... you're about to find out why my face turns red so easily...

Northwestern European
99.4%

British & Irish
64.1%

Scandinavian
11.9%

French & German
11.5%

Broadly Northwestern European
11.9%

Southern European
0.5%

Spanish & Portuguese
0.5%

That's me, 64% Irish/British

the lord of the rings sam GIF

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

1 hour ago, Sierra said:

I want to do this so bad bc I'm triracial and am curious what my makeup is specifically...but the tests are so expensive lol

I believed I paid around 90 dollars. Try to save up and give it a try, it's definitely interesting! if I had anymore of my coupons, I'd give you one. ❤ Let us know when you're able to! I am always interested to see others. 

1 hour ago, Onision said:

Oh boy... you're about to find out why my face turns red so easily...

That's me, 64% Irish/British

the lord of the rings sam GIF

That's actually really cool! Well.. I have wet ear wax 🤢 I have a tendency to get ***ney stones, & my eyes are dark which all my life I wanted green or blue. But hey I'm not hating on potatoes 😂

1 hour ago, Sierra said:

I want to do this so bad bc I'm triracial and am curious what my makeup is specifically...but the tests are so expensive lol

There's 23andme which is like $200 if you get the full package I think? And tellmeGen which is $139... which is cool because maybe I'll get different results? That would be odd.

Then there's AncestryDNA which is actually right up your alley because I think it's just about where you're from genetically and not all the extra stuff... that's $100 - It is a bit of money so... comes down to how important it is to you --- the expensive test tells you like medical risks and stuff... didn't tell me too much but it was interesting.

29 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

That's actually really cool! Well.. I have wet ear wax 🤢 I have a tendency to get ***ney stones, & my eyes are dark which all my life I wanted green or blue. But hey I'm not hating on potatoes 😂

Oh... mind said I was likely not afraid of heights and I'm like... uh what?

13 minutes ago, Onision said:

There's 23andme which is like $200 if you get the full package I think? And tellmeGen which is $139... which is cool because maybe I'll get different results? That would be odd.

Then there's AncestryDNA which is actually right up your alley because I think it's just about where you're from genetically and not all the extra stuff... that's $100 - It is a bit of money so... comes down to how important it is to you --- the expensive test tells you like medical risks and stuff... didn't tell me too much but it was interesting.

Oh... mind said I was likely not afraid of heights and I'm like... uh

So you're afraid of heights? Not a roller coaster fan or is it worse, like planes?

I sure would like to know what a DNA test would show. I know my surname is of Anglo-Saxon descent, but that's about it. I've only been able to track my family history to about the mid-1800's and it was all southern US. So I have no real clue other than I'm a true American mutt.

My skin is olive tones, so more yellow than red, which means I don't burn easy. I have brown eyes and they're sorta almond shaped, but not quite...I have dirty blonde hair, which is unusual for olive skin tones, usually blondes are more red toned. My mom used to call me the golden c***d because in the summer when I would tan and get more sun in my hair, everything was golden. 

It makes me think I may have Native American, Spanish, or maybe even Asian genetically. I have no clue though and can only speculate.