Urinating on plants?

Mr.Dawn

Oh, umm.... 😳 

Plants vote no to the urination from above idea.

They suggest the usage of a restroom for such said activities.

If you must "water" your plants, please do so by using the proper method of a garden hose or sprinkler system.

The plants thank you kindly for your continued support.

confused the lion king GIF

• Heart 1
  • Star 2
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, MysticDawn said:

Oh, umm.... 😳 

Plants vote no to the urination from above idea.

They suggest the usage of a restroom for such said activities.

If you must "water" your plants, please do so by using the proper method of a garden hose or sprinkler system.

The plants thank you kindly for your continued support.

confused the lion king GIF

I wouldn't want to be urinated on either. 🤷‍♀️

• Funny 1

I hate that I know this…

if you are going to use pee in compost or plant you need to air it out in an open container for a bit. The ammonia isn’t good for plants but with a few days of evaporation you can get some decent plant food. Course your diet and med*cations are gonna effect the usefulness as well. 
pee does a fine job of breaking down compost faster because it’s acidic. 

but just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you should.

training your dog to use the compost as a potty is one thing. Storing your own pee quickly becomes another. There’s lot of other better plant food. Egg shells and banana peels for example. Just use those ^^;;

• Star 2

avid gardener/farmer here.  never tried it but  from what i've observed from my DOG urinating on plants  its generally NOT good for it.  The nitrogen is fine but the ammonia levels are usually too high.  Thoough if you are able to water the grass AFTER your dog pees on the lawn and 'water it down' to thin out the ammonia levels and make it so that no levels of anything get too high... essentially thinning it out the concentration than it can actually help things grow.  but like for grass and stuff its usually so spotty that you wouldnt want to do so (like a dog peeing on the grass will either flat out end the grass OR opposite it will make certain patches of grass grow taller and darker green... either way it looks bad because it doesnt look uniform to have random patches of grass t hat are taller and darker either.    as for regular garden plants... its not reliable enough and has too much potential to backfire that i really just wouldnt bother trying it since there are much better ways of fertilizing plants.  
y0ou can see a couple of my youtube videos for anyone who needs gardening help:  
1.  Start to Finish  turning my yard into an organic 'farm'  (i believe I touch on composting and natural fertilization methods here like adding goat poop, chicken poop, organic matter  etc to your soil yearly .. all these things are best when left to break down in a compost for at least 6 months but can also be used as side dressing around plants and let the nutrients leech into the soil over the span of your garden season._) 

2.  Pruning and staking tomato plants for max. growth 

Hope this helps some of you plant lovers... i have a ton more garden stuff i want to post but im a new youtuber and slow at editing lol.  have stuff filmed but not editted/uploaded.  always open to give tips if anyone needs 'em tho!  my thumbs are so green theyre about the fall off. 

On 9/7/2021 at 9:00 PM, AnnaSantina said:

avid gardener/farmer here.  never tried it but  from what i've observed from my DOG urinating on plants  its generally NOT good for it.  The nitrogen is fine but the ammonia levels are usually too high.  Thoough if you are able to water the grass AFTER your dog pees on the lawn and 'water it down' to thin out the ammonia levels and make it so that no levels of anything get too high... essentially thinning it out the concentration than it can actually help things grow.  but like for grass and stuff its usually so spotty that you wouldnt want to do so (like a dog peeing on the grass will either flat out end the grass OR opposite it will make certain patches of grass grow taller and darker green... either way it looks bad because it doesnt look uniform to have random patches of grass t hat are taller and darker either.    as for regular garden plants... its not reliable enough and has too much potential to backfire that i really just wouldnt bother trying it since there are much better ways of fertilizing plants.  
y0ou can see a couple of my youtube videos for anyone who needs gardening help:  
1.  Start to Finish  turning my yard into an organic 'farm'  (i believe I touch on composting and natural fertilization methods here like adding goat poop, chicken poop, organic matter  etc to your soil yearly .. all these things are best when left to break down in a compost for at least 6 months but can also be used as side dressing around plants and let the nutrients leech into the soil over the span of your garden season._) 

2.  Pruning and staking tomato plants for max. growth 

Hope this helps some of you plant lovers... i have a ton more garden stuff i want to post but im a new youtuber and slow at editing lol.  have stuff filmed but not editted/uploaded.  always open to give tips if anyone needs 'em tho!  my thumbs are so green theyre about the fall off. 

That backyard farm is kickass