First #MeToo Celebrity That Comes To Mind?

James Franco Flirt GIF

This hot guy, James Franco... MIGHT actually be a legit weirdo... lol... he just paid out 2 million???

Maybe not so innocent: https://bit.ly/3jMZIwJ

Either way, I'm the separate the art from the artist kinda person (in many instances) as I don't know the artist personally and can't be a fair judge based on that fact.

James Franco seems like the nicest guy. I don’t believe the accusations against him are true.

3 minutes ago, Onision said:

James Franco Flirt GIF

This hot guy, James Franco... MIGHT actually be a legit weirdo... lol... he just paid out 2 million???

Maybe not so innocent: https://bit.ly/3jMZIwJ

Oh nvm, I posted my answer before I saw this post and wasn’t aware of this.. lol 

Edited by summerlusk

5 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Oh nvm, I posted my answer the same time you did and haven’t see this.. lol 

I'm pretty sure James Franco is a decent guy 99.9999% of the time, but also a weirdo who you shouldn't go around if you don't want someone to be a little forward - meaning if I go around James Franco, and he puts his hand on my leg, I'll be like "Well, that's what I expected, here I am" (just being real, (most) people will be typical, they've been this way for millions of years --- we've come a long way from the Greeks tho)

That's why it's important to let people know who folks really are or might be - but not ruin lives till you know for sure, and if you're afraid the rumors might be true, don't et yourself be around them, stay safe/risk-free.

That's how you don't punish innocent people and keep yourself safe at the same time. Reasonable caution and common sense.

3 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I read that Seth Rogan is never working with James Franco again. Perhaps he is guilty of something.

Seth said he had no plans of it. Seth is just saving his own career. Probably nothing personal.

• Star 4

17 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I’m disappointed. I wanted him to be innocent.

Apparently James Franco is guilty of running an inappropriate acting class... which is not a surprise considering James Franco's projected lifestyle --- what I'm saying is, if I went to a class (this one was specific to adult scenes in movies) - I wouldn't be too surprised. Now if like... I went to a class hosted by Mr. Rogers and this happened, yep, really surprised.

What I'm saying is, James Franco is a player/F-boy most likely - this is what his type does --- I'm not shocked and it doesn't really change his movies for me as he already paid the price.

THAT BEING SAID, it's not ok. Just saying, not surprised.

• Star 2

Oh, and before Joe Biden decided to run for President.. a lot of people accused him of being creepy. I think SOME of them were ridiculous, but that’s just my opinion.

Maybe I just give people the benefit of the doubt too much (not always), but sometimes I just want to believe that someone’s intentions aren’t nefarious.

People find it odd that I would take the stance I do which is not one of doubting someone but of certainly listening. However people have forgotten their own responsibility to practice due diligence and then the importance of due process.

From what I originally understood the movement was for those who had not come forward from matters that occurred in the past (70s-90s perhaps?). Based on the timing of these women having social media and a tool not for exposing their assailant but to provide a sense of comraderie and understanding. This wasn't to be weaponized as a tool to accuse others, especially not before seeking legal action.

One of the best articles in journalism was done by The Marshall Project under Ken Armstrong and T. Christian Miller. That work went onto inspire an excellent Netflix series called "Unbelievable" with Toni Collette. 

How did they find the guy despite one of the v****m who came forward being charged with perjury? Multiple stories lined up from multiple women who WENT TO AUTHORITIES (I'm passionate about this if that's obvious) and they saw a pattern. This guy had been doing this for years. 

He was arrested and went to trial and received over 300 years in p*****n. (Civics, oh how wonderful it is to understand civics!)

Even if someone is afraid to press charges (which in some cases I can understand, especially if the assailant is Chief of Police, the DA, etc.) Filing an incident report is not pressing charges. Filing an incident report also puts the matter on record in the event that information may help others. The information that would only be known to investigators as far as similarities in reports and evidence, even DNA, is so helpful. Naming the assailant and doing nothing (for matters more recent) overall harms more than helps. Trial by media is incredibly damaging. By stating that someone is guilty of a heinous crime publicly you run the risk of losing any case you might have been lucky to have.

With what I've seen as far as others understanding what is prosecutable and what isn't is alarming. You can learn that is by reaching out to the resources that exist to specifically inform you, based on your statement, what your options might be.

As someone who is experienced but I won't say I'm an expert in this area, what I've viewed from recent past events is propaganda and exploitation. 

Oh I suppose I should answer the question...
Rose McGowan comes to mind first.

10 hours ago, Onision said:

Speaking of Joe Biden, there's Donald Trump & Bill Clinton... *Google's George Bush*

Oh wow: https://bit.ly/3zMxsQi

Oh jeez: https://bit.ly/3yFNBWk

SO BASICALLY MOST EVERY PRESIDENT EVER WHAT EVEN!? That can't be possible.

When it comes to politics, I take accusations with a grain of salt. Often times it’s just the other side trying to demonize them. Look at the Q-Anon conspiracy someone made up, etc. And all these Trump supporters that actually believe it. Or it’s just someone looking for clout, like that woman in the news that claimed Justin Bieber fathered her ch*ld a decade or so ago. I’m not saying none of these accusations are true, but if you believe every single accusation made, especially when it comes to political figures, you’re seriously naive and gullible.

Oh, and it does hurt real v****ms when people do this. Such a shame..

Edited by summerlusk