Do you live by your parents or on your own?

I moved out in my early 20s. I have moved around often with friends, and even one point to help my gram. I live by myself, so I can get quite annoying with calling or texting especially during the pandemic. I dont like to be totally alone. Id rather be alone with another person. I like humans, a variety...its funny because when I met my best friend, I said hi and her first words to me were "I hate people". 😂

• Heart 1

Yeah so my mom asked me to start paying rent when I was still in High School... she wanted over $300 a month when again, I wasn't even graduated yet (and I never had to redo a grade or anything) - I think I was 17 when she first introduced the idea of paying rent even though I didn't have a job... and was... still in HS.

Anyway, so I moved in with my grandma and then I joined the Air Force.

• Heart 4

25 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I moved out in my early 20s. I have moved around often with friends, and even one point to help my gram. I live by myself, so I can get quite annoying with calling or texting especially during the pandemic. I dont like to be totally alone. Id rather be alone with another person. I like humans, a variety...its funny because when I met my best friend, I said hi and her first words to me were "I hate people". 😂

I know feeling. I hate be alone. 

23 minutes ago, Onision said:

Yeah so my mom asked me to start paying rent when I was still in High School... she wanted over $300 a month when again, I wasn't even graduated yet (and I never had to redo a grade or anything) - I think I was 17 when she first introduced the idea of paying rent even though I didn't have a job... and was... still in HS.

Anyway, so I moved in with my grandma and then I joined the Air Force.

Asking rent when someone is in high school is really early. My started asl rent when my sister was 18 but she had a job also we get money from the state for school when we are 18. So she has enough to help amd pay. 

She started ask my other sister when she was 25. I can't really understand your mom. 

Did you wanted to go to the airforce? (if you dint want talk aboutnit its fine

I was in training in the airforce in the Netherlands but had to stop...

• Mod

I live in my own apartment but still visit my parents regularly. I moved into my first apartment in 2018, then had to move into a studio apartment in 2019 but ended up losing all my money because of paying rent weekly so I moved in with my grandad and lived with him until last year when I had enough money to move into another apartment and that's the apartment I'm currently living in.

• Elites

I moved out at 17 when I graduated HS. Left the state entirely after a couple years at Community College. Lived/ worked in various national parks since then. Now I'm back in the same town as my family, but I live alone. 

• Heart 1

I lived on my own starting 18 till last year.

My parents offered me a room to rent when I was living out of my car due to pandemic and I accepted. $400 a month isn’t unreasonable, and it allowed me to get a job “working from home” so I mainly am shut up in that room I rent. it’s better than when I was younger but still a kinda tox*c. 

Saving to live on my own again but I’ve seen average rent in my area rapidly shoot up from $700 a month to $2000 a month and climbing. ^^;;

I moved out when I was 18 and moved in with my boyfriend now husband. Fast forward many years to two years ago, the decision was made to move back home due my mom's declining health and early on set alzheimer's. She could no longer live alone safely. We figured it best to keep her somewhere familiar than uprooting her to a new town, house, new everything. 

• Heart 1

I moved out of my parents as soon as I turned 18. I moved back in for just a couple months right before I left for the military. Once I got out of the military, I moved back in with them for about 2 years so I could finish college. I moved out again once I finished school and started working again full time. My parents still live reasonably close, roughly 30 miles away and about a 30-35 min drive from where I live now. I see them every weekend (usually) because I like to check in on them.

• Elites

I live on my own, in my own apartment, by myself.

Prior to this, I lived with a long-term boyfriend in a 2-bedroom condo for 2 years.

Prior to that, we lived in a STUDIO together for 1.5 years.

Prior to that, I lived at home.

I had a boyfriend prior to that, to which I would stay at his house often, but I didn't officially "move out" until I was 22 years old. 

15 minutes ago, bones said:

I live on my own, in my own apartment, by myself.

Prior to this, I lived with a long-term boyfriend in a 2-bedroom condo for 2 years.

Prior to that, we lived in a STUDIO together for 1.5 years.

Prior to that, I lived at home.

I had a boyfriend prior to that, to which I would stay at his house often, but I didn't officially "move out" until I was 22 years old. 

I meant 20... 😅

• Heart 1

I was a teen when I started living on my own. Staying with friends cuz my parents pushed me out. They shouldn't had ch*ldren. I haven't seen them in years and im not sad about it. I job hopped until I could get my own place. I live in a home with a roommate.