This Dude Is Nuts: Going After Fat People???

I've made tons of fat jokes, I've made numerous comments about how you should eat healthy etc - but this dude straight up said you should avoid "obese" people... WHAAAAAAAAT? Like he compared obese people to broke people, complainers, and generally annoying people and I'm like... BRO! There are SO MANY FAT PEOPLE WHO ARE AWESOME WHAT!?

Image 001.jpg

Anyway, here's the video:

Sometimes I'm just glad I don't bother with the whole talking to my dad thing. Dads s*ck.

• Mod

Wtf that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of. How does casually being around an obese person affect anyone? They're human beings too and shouldn't be treated like they're less of a person just because they're fat. I feel sorry for whoever listens to this dude lol

• Heart 2

54 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Wtf that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of. How does casually being around an obese person affect anyone? They're human beings too and shouldn't be treated like they're less of a person just because they're fat. I feel sorry for whoever listens to this dude lol

So a lot of heavy people were actually trained to eat unhealthy by their parents --- a lot of people can't overcome a ch*ldhood of poor training by their parents so that... what? Means you should avoid them at all costs? Where is the logic? It's not like their weight has anything to do with anything outside the kitchen or restaurant. Even when they are around food, it's a personal problem to eat unhealthy, not a problem of every person they talk to... it just seemed so dumb.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod
12 minutes ago, Onision said:

So a lot of heavy people were actually trained to eat unhealthy by their parents --- a lot of people can't overcome a ch*ldhood of poor training by their parents so that... what? Means you should avoid them at all costs? Where is the logic? It's not like their weight has anything to do with anything outside the kitchen or restaurant. Even when they are around food, it's a personal problem to eat unhealthy, not a problem of every person they talk to... it just seemed so dumb.

I agree. It's very dumb and ignorant.

2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Wow what an a***ole lol. Who does this dude thinks he is??

He's apparently really rich and his big thing is being a motivator for men... problem is he is dehumanizing so many strangers/people he's never met/knows little of while acting superior... that spells delusion.

• Star 3

My father was incredibly ******. He may have built some nice furniture but that's about all I'll give him.

That same father died of his unhealthy eating habits that were taught to me and I was raised with. As soon as I left my home environment (not for a better one but for a different one) I dropped weight and became incredibly athletics. 

I wish I had aged gracefully but other factors complicated that. I may be a little thicc with an extra "c" but considering those factors I still do incredibly well. 

Possibly the only thing I could state as criticism on that topic is my concern and unwillingness to support someone who is clearly p********g themselves and refuse to stop despite signs of impeding conditions and illnesses. When food becomes on par with a drug addiction and self harm. Love your body enough to treat it well and keep it functioning well to enjoy a good life. That I will always support.

• Star 2

23 hours ago, Onision said:

He's apparently really rich and his big thing is being a motivator for men... problem is he is dehumanizing so many strangers/people he's never met/knows little of while acting superior... that spells delusion.

So he’s teaching people to be a s***tty person to achieve success? I’d rather be a good person. I don’t want to sell my soul in the name of greed.

• Heart 2

So just gonna come out and say it. I’m fat. 

and the fascinating remarkable thing is, I’m aware of it. Guys like this don’t need to point it out and tell me I need to be healthier because yeah…I know. Like that fact is very apparent every single time I look in a mirror. I feel like some people think I’m going to go 

“golly mister! I had no idea how fat and gr*ss I am, I’ll get that fixed lickity split! Thanks so much for opening my eyes!” 

yeah some people are obese because they simply eat too much or don’t take care of themselves. True

But for others it’s eating di*ord*rs, or like me it’s an organ failure issue.  I eat a mainly vegetarian diet, I work out daily, I stay under 1300 calories always. By all accounts I should be healthy and have a body that reflects that. But I don’t. s***t is broken and part of that manifests as weight gain due to meds and body compensating for broken stuff. And it’s honestly not the end of the world. If people want to write me off at the surface level. Cool go for it. Because that says a lot more about how worth it that person is getting to know than it says anything about me. 

I feel similar about the other side of the coin, people who are “too skinny” because of eating di*ord*rs or illness. You don’t need to tell them about it. There’s a pretty good chance they already know and are doing their best. 

etiquette rule: if someone can fix it in less than 10 minutes, tell them. If they can’t, don’t say anything about it.  

but yeah people can be really unkind about it because (very narrow conventional beauty) somehow = virtue.                                           I’ve never really got the logic behind that but maybe it’s just cause I’m u**y lol

but yeah acting like fat is contagious and telling people to avoid anyone who isn’t conventionally pretty is just laughably bad advice. 

Edited by Ghostie
Typo

On 9/5/2021 at 10:20 PM, Ghostie said:

I stay under 1300 calories always. By all accounts I should be healthy and have a body that reflects that.

Did you also cut out all unnatural liquids (like any form of soda) & shift your diet to being mostly plant-based (ie. very little dairy)

And add tons of water?

• Star 1

7 hours ago, Onision said:

Did you also cut out all unnatural liquids (like any form of soda) & shift your diet to being mostly plant-based (ie. very little dairy)

And add tons of water?

I only drink water or unsweetened tea and I eat a mainly vegetarian diet. I only have fish on special occasions. Usually if I want protein I eat an egg. I don’t really do dairy either because the lactose hurts.
As I’ve said in a few posts I deal with an organ function problem. My endocrine system has several key players out of commission and kidneys are not working normally. I’m sure if they were I’d be fine.  I stay low calorie to maintain my current weight. Your endocrine system actually plays a huge role in metabolism and a ton of body functions. Most think most of the heavy lifting communication wise is done by the nervous system but nope chemical messages do most of the work. So when you don’t make the right molecules your body tries it’s best with what’s left and all sorts of funky stuff can happen. 

On 9/3/2021 at 10:40 PM, Kaitlind said:

Wow what an a***ole lol. Who does this dude thinks he is??

This guy was a d*ick throughout the entire thing. His message to everyone is this:  "Don't give a damn about anyone, mmkay?" because he wants you to stay away from unhappy people and don't ask anyone questions. He had a very negative answer for everything. 

He thinks you should only hang out with "rich and healthy" business owners and if you're not any of these things then it's f uck you. 

• Star 1

5 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

This guy was a d*ick throughout the entire thing. His message to everyone is this:  "Don't give a damn about anyone, mmkay?" because he wants you to stay away from unhappy people and don't ask anyone questions. He had a very negative answer for everything. 

He thinks you should only hang out with "rich and healthy" business owners and if you're not any of these things then it's f uck you. 

Wow I doubt wealthy business men want to hang out with someone that negative