What was popular when you turned 18?

The only big thing I can remember from that year was the Oscar Pistorius trial - the paralympian that m**dered his girlfriend - the trial was one of the only televised trials in modern memory so it was literally all the news reported for months!

• Star 1

• Elites

Gay marriage became legal in 18 more states.

Taco Bell introduced the Breakfast menu. I hate it.

Unfortunately, the movie 'Frozen' came out in the beginning of my senior year. (November 2013)

My entire prom was filled with 'Let It Go' on repeat. I've wanted to strangle myself every time I hear it now 🤣

• Star 1

6 hours ago, bones said:

Gay marriage became legal in 18 more states.

Taco Bell introduced the Breakfast menu. I hate it.

Unfortunately, the movie 'Frozen' came out in the beginning of my senior year. (November 2013)

My entire prom was filled with 'Let It Go' on repeat. I've wanted to strangle myself every time I hear it now 🤣

Your prom had "let it go" repeating? 🤣 of all the songs, like any song. I wonder how many places did this. I'm so sorry 😬💕

Harry Potter was very big- I graduated in 2007. I remember Lindsay Lohan was arrested for d***s, Paris Hilton got out j*il lol Britney Spears was dealing with a lot. I also remember MySpace getting popular with mainstream people who talked badly about it before. All time low was popular 🎧 think I phone was coming out. I was moving to NY and doing my own thing, so I don’t remember fully. Hello kitty bling necklaces were so cool to us scene k***s then 😂

• Star 1

3 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

Harry Potter was very big- I graduated in 2007. I remember Lindsay Lohan was arrested for d***s, Paris Hilton got out j*il lol Britney Spears was dealing with a lot. I also remember MySpace getting popular with mainstream people who talked badly about it before. All time low was popular 🎧 think I phone was coming out. I was moving to NY and doing my own thing, so I don’t remember fully. Hello kitty bling necklaces were so cool to us scene k***s then 😂

Aw, my heart. 😞 I still miss MySpace so bad! One of my friends at the time was like join FB it's so much better! I go there right, and I'm like "wtf is this?!" There's no customization, nothing. 😂

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

Aw, my heart. 😞 I still miss MySpace so bad! One of my friends at the time was like join FB it's so much better! I go there right, and I'm like "wtf is this?!" There's no customization, nothing. 😂

Yes ! Same here, I miss it and I think fb is boring. I miss when social media was more creative, I spent so much time designing my page lol you’d have been in my top 8 friends list 💜

• Star 1

1 minute ago, Rick n morty babe said:

Yes ! Same here, I miss it and I think fb is boring. I miss when social media was more creative, I spent so much time designing my page lol you’d have been in my top 8 friends list 💜

Same! You'd be there for sure! 💕 I really liked my blogs, & music list, oh there were soooo many things. 😥 I was so bummed. & When people were upset that their passed on loved ones had photos there & weren't able to retrieve them. That was so sad.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Me too! I hated Facebook. I still do, tbh. 😂

7 hours ago, Rick n morty babe said:

I remember having cool layouts and music playlists on my page. I was a myspace addict. 😋

• Star 2

I had to Google what was popular 😟 How sad 😞 I had now idea. Lol! 

BUT I'm happy to say it was The lord of the rings! In my defense, I already read the books. I knew what was coming. Most of the time I had to bite my tongue in fear of slipping spoilers. Same with the whole 'Harry Potter' craze.

I was like "Why couldn't y'all have been hyped back when I was?" 😐

Funny how things work out. 

• Star 1