Does anyone else have problems with self-sabotaging?

bones

• Elites

Just when things are going right, have you ever started to slowly, but surely deteriorate? 

Due to your own behavior, or a recent event that occurred? I find myself wondering if I truly am the problem, and I bring on all negative things myself....

Anyone else?

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod

Sometimes I think I'm annoying to other people or I'll overthink things and it will put me in a bad mood. The thing is I know it's just in my head and it's most likely the opposite of what I'm thinking, but I can't help it. It's like I need validation from who I think I'm bothering lol. I'm trying to fix that about myself though.

"You can't hurt me. I'm an over thinker. I hurt my own feelings." Me 😆

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

So one thing I’ve been slowly realizing is

Am I really self sabotaging, OR was my original expectation extremely high and not reasonably sustainable? Because I put a lot of pressure on myself without realizing it

27 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Sometimes I think I'm annoying to other people or I'll overthink things and it will put me in a bad mood. The thing is I know it's just in my head and it's most likely the opposite of what I'm thinking, but I can't help it. It's like I need validation from who I think I'm bothering lol. I'm trying to fix that about myself though.

You’re definitely a joy to be around

• Heart 1
  • Star 2

15 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Sometimes I think I'm annoying to other people or I'll overthink things and it will put me in a bad mood. The thing is I know it's just in my head and it's most likely the opposite of what I'm thinking, but I can't help it. It's like I need validation from others who I think I'm bothering lol. I'm trying to fix that about myself though.

I feel it! 💕 I overthink to the point where people are like..."You doing okay? You seem a little different?" Then my thought is "Oh, no" because I don't want to ruin anything with my people,but it's not like that at all. Because I start really overthinking things, and bury myself in other things so I stop talking so much or at all, thinking I'm overstepping.

Or when I'm doing work or project, it's like an hour or more of redoing one thing that should have been done the way I first had it. I get a bit mad at myself for that, I've been trying to work on it for sure 😆

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod
2 minutes ago, Ghostie said:

So one thing I’ve been slowly realizing is

Am I really self sabotaging, OR was my original expectation extremely high and not reasonably sustainable? Because I put a lot of pressure on myself without realizing it

You’re definitely a joy to be around

Thank you 🙂

2 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I feel it! 💕 I overthink to the point where people are like..."You doing okay? You seem a little different?" Then my thought is "Oh, no" because I don't want to ruin anything with my people,but it's not like that at all. Because I start really overthinking things, and bury myself in other things so I stop talking so much or at all, thinking I'm overstepping.

Or when I'm doing work or project, it's like an hour or more of redoing one thing that should have been done the way I first had it. I get a bit mad at myself for that, I've been trying to work on it for sure 😆

It just takes one day at a time 😋

• Star 1

5 minutes ago, bones said:

I feel like I am in a vicious cycle. 

I would love to get better. 

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

I really have hope for you 💕 Self reflection all the way. I don't know you IRL, but on here, you're amazing. 🌟 My process is seeing the things I can work on and do better with, and learn about the things I can't control but only can adapt or cope with as positive as I can, trying to turn the tables. I like to make out some form of strategy, a list (I don't like lists,  but they help me realize a lot more.)💕 You'll get there. 🤗

11 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Thank you 🙂

It just takes one day at a time 😋

Yes it does 💕 I feel like it's becoming better, but it's like a "oh this again" moment.  so I have to jump back and realize things as a process of learning & doing better with it. ❤ We'll all get there for those better moments.🌟💕

• Heart 2

I totally get you. There's times where I'm having a hard time with my emotions and mental stability and things just GET to me a lot more than usual. I get angry, then I get real real depressed, and then I just self detonate. Then I feel better after that. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod
19 minutes ago, bones said:

@Mr.Dawn, @brittniisundae, @Kaitlind, @Ghostie 

Thank you for all your kind words, your own experiences, and making me feel truly, and genuinely - that I am not alone. 

It is people like you that really make the world a better place. 

Anytime 🙂 None of us are alone with anything we're going through. There are so many people out there experiencing the same feelings, thoughts, and situations. All you have to do is reach out.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1