Do you need sound to fall asleep?

Kaitlind

• Mod

Do you have to have sound while falling asleep or does everything have to be quiet? For me I have to have a fan going. Hearing white noise in general helps me fall asleep. I used to like to sleep in silence, but that's too quiet for me now haha.

If the power goes off in the middle of the night I jolt up out of bed because I require the a/c to be set to 68 and a need a fan for the cold and also for sound. 

power goes out here all the time thankfully we have battery powered fans just in case but it still drives me nuts

• Star 1

I used to listen to music all the time falling asleep. I would love trying to remember the last song I listened to the night before before I finally fell asleep, but never could, haha!

My partner and I now have the TV on in the background while we sleep, always a streamer on Twitch, and due to our time zone it's usually xQc.

• Star 1

I use a fan all year around. Been using one since I was a teen. I find it very hard to sleep without one and have been known to use a YouTube video of "fan nosie" so I could sleep during a power outage. White noise is a powerful thing! 

It also depends on how tired I am if I put on a documentary or not. I turn it down really low to were I can barely hear it. So my mind is focused on the words rather than it's inner bully of a voice. It doesn't always have to be a documentary either. It could be Star Trek, Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, even Rugs Rats! (gotta love late night 90's Nickelodeon) Just as long as it's something I'm in the mood to listen too.

• Star 1