Beavis & Butthead anyone?

Hitchens

1 hour ago, Kaitlind said:

No I wasn't allowed to watch that show when I was a k*d and I never thought to watch it when I got older. Seems pretty funny though lol

I got in trouble in grade school for imitating Butthead. I'd go around the classroom saying very loudly "Anyone wanna see my unit? In my pants!" & the teachers wrote me up & b*itched & complained to my mom. So she forbade me from watching the show after that. I didn't get to watch it again until I moved out on my own lol. 

5fc788f9-de18-4015-ae68-f161d20437f3_tex

• Funny 2

11 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

No I wasn't allowed to watch that show when I was a k*d and I never thought to watch it when I got older. Seems pretty funny though lol

Same. I wasn’t allowed to watch MTV when it was airing and when I started to, I don’t think it was on tv anymore because it was never on and I don’t remember watching it.

• Heart 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Same. I wasn’t allowed to watch MTV when it was airing and when I started to, I don’t think it was on tv anymore because it was never on and I don’t remember watching it.

MTV has changed a lot since I was a k*id. I used to watch it with my step sister.

They used to have music videos airing around the clock at least from what I remember. Then cartoons like Beavis & Butthead in the evenings. 

Then 20 years later, I start watching the channel again on DISH and all they have is stuff like Teen Mom and a bunch of other reality tv drama shows.  I was thinking, boy, MTV isn't MTV anymore. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Star 1

6 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Then 20 years later, I start watching the channel again on DISH and all they have is stuff like Teen Mom and a bunch of other reality tv drama shows.  I was thinking, boy, MTV isn't MTV anymore. 

It's all about money. Much cheaper/easier to make ten teen mom episodes than one Beavis & Butthead episode...

The math is

Profit - Cost = Reproduction Value

Quality = Value does not factor in most anyone's minds anymore.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

MTV has changed a lot since I was a k*id. I used to watch it with my step sister.

They used to have music videos airing around the clock at least from what I remember. Then cartoons like Beavis & Butthead in the evenings. 

Yeah, I know. Even though I wasn’t allowed to watch MTV, I remember watching music videos when I stayed home from school. My dad was the one that didn’t want me watching it. I guess my mom didn’t care because she let me watch it, lol.